DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   I LOVE System Restore (https://www.diybanter.com/metalworking/381991-i-love-system-restore.html)

[email protected] July 8th 15 10:56 PM

I LOVE System Restore

This morning I was looking at some folders and accidently moved a
folder containing my NC Fadal communication software. Oops! Well, I
just moved it back where it was supposed to be and that was that.
Right. I then spent the next 6 hours writing and modifying some
programs to send to the Fadal Mill. Tried to use NC Fadal and up comes
a message telling me that NCFadal need to be installed. That would be
a time consuming hassle. But Wait! I can try System Restore! So I
backed up all my work today to a thumb drive, even though System
Restore shouldn't affect it, and ran the System Restore tool which
restored my computer to 4:43 this morning. After the restore NC Fadal
works perfectly and none of my work was lost. It took less than 6
minutes to go through the whole process and I was sending programs to
the Fadal. YES!
Eric