Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Need help with oxygen concentrator

Need help with oxygen concentrator

I bought an Invacare XPO100 portable oxygen concentrator
at a garage sale. I'd like to try to use it to make a micro welding torch.
Stickers are vague, but it looks like it's only a year old.

It runs about half a minute, then throws an error condition and quits.
Has a breath sensor, so that may be what's shutting it down, although
that's not the error condition shown. "Operating Alarm" isn't very helpful.
Putting it in continuous mode makes no difference.

During the 30 seconds, it does put out pulses of gas. Flame test suggests
that it's not concentrated oxygen.

I've not tried it in normal operation with a canula. Only thing I know
about
the history is that the previous owner died. Contracting some
terminal disease is not on my agenda.

I sorta know how they work in principle, but the details of this
unit are unknown. Service manual is useless.

Anybody got experience converting a medical oxygen
concentrator to welding use?

Or a forum where I might find help?

Thanks, mike
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

mike fired this volley in news:mncfag$mcb$1@dont-
email.me:

I've not tried it in normal operation with a canula. Only thing I know
about
the history is that the previous owner died.

Probably died because the damn thing kept faulting out! G

Lloyd

Can welding Oxygen be used in place of medical oxygen? Some Guy Home Repair 180 April 20th 20 03:23 PM
Can welding Oxygen be used in place of medical oxygen? Oren[_2_] Home Ownership 1 April 10th 14 04:18 AM
Oxygen Jeweller[_2_] UK diy 6 May 10th 13 08:46 AM
Not DIY.. but where would you sell an oxygen concentrator? dennis@home UK diy 8 October 28th 08 10:49 PM
Oxygen Samantha BeanHead Metalworking 15 January 4th 05 11:19 PM