Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Climate believer, denier or whatever, this is a cool web site

http://www.bloomberg.com/graphics/20...ing-the-world/

Whichever side of the climate "debate" you're on, you ought to give this a look.

I gotta give credit to the people who put up this web site which graphically displays a bunch of NASA climate data.

I don't really like the "scroll down" user interface, but overall, this is a very well done page.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sunday, June 28, 2015 at 3:26:40 PM UTC-4, rangerssuck wrote:
http://www.bloomberg.com/graphics/20...ing-the-world/

Whichever side of the climate "debate" you're on, you ought to give this a look.

It is a cool website. The only things I see that bothers me is that some of the charts go to 2014 and some only go to 2005. Surely the data is available to have all the charts go out to 2014. And the source of the data is not given.

Dan
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sunday, June 28, 2015 at 4:22:34 PM UTC-4, wrote:
On Sunday, June 28, 2015 at 3:26:40 PM UTC-4, rangerssuck wrote:
http://www.bloomberg.com/graphics/20...ing-the-world/

Whichever side of the climate "debate" you're on, you ought to give this a look.

It is a cool website. The only things I see that bothers me is that some of the charts go to 2014 and some only go to 2005. Surely the data is available to have all the charts go out to 2014. And the source of the data is not given.

Dan

At the bottom of the page:
Data
The raw observational and model data can be downloaded he
Observed land-ocean temperature
850 year Preindustrial control experiment
(the links didn't copy, but they are there)
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sunday, June 28, 2015 at 4:22:34 PM UTC-4, wrote:
On Sunday, June 28, 2015 at 3:26:40 PM UTC-4, rangerssuck wrote:
http://www.bloomberg.com/graphics/20...ing-the-world/

Whichever side of the climate "debate" you're on, you ought to give this a look.

It is a cool website. The only things I see that bothers me is that some of the charts go to 2014 and some only go to 2005. Surely the data is available to have all the charts go out to 2014. And the source of the data is not given.

Dan

Wait, you're right. They have links to the raw data, but not the sources of the data.They do mention NASA and a couple of people there, but the really SHOULD have named the sources. Shouldn't be hard to find an email address for any of the people (authors or NASA people). Perhaps I'll give it a shot..
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sunday, June 28, 2015 at 4:22:34 PM UTC-4, wrote:
On Sunday, June 28, 2015 at 3:26:40 PM UTC-4, rangerssuck wrote:
http://www.bloomberg.com/graphics/20...ing-the-world/

Whichever side of the climate "debate" you're on, you ought to give this a look.

It is a cool website. The only things I see that bothers me is that some of the charts go to 2014 and some only go to 2005. Surely the data is available to have all the charts go out to 2014. And the source of the data is not given.

Dan

OK,more careful reading gets to a link under the heading "What the Lines Show" pointing to this article http://pubs.giss.nasa.gov/docs/2014/...ler_etal_1.pdf which goes far deeper that I can comfortably read material that is this far outside my field of expertise. If you read the whole thing and you still have questions that are NOT answered in the article, let me know and I'll forward them to my PhD (in this subject, but I forget the exact name of the degree) friend who really does understand this pretty much as well as anyone and is in regular contact with the authors of the article.

OK?

jpb