Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default welder

I am no longer without welder:
http://www.hoffonlineauctions.net/cg...cgi?hoff28/375

Been a LONG month with no welder. A tool I use more than once a week.

Karl
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Wed, 24 Jun 2015 11:21:42 -0500
Karl Townsend wrote:

I am no longer without welder:
http://www.hoffonlineauctions.net/cg...cgi?hoff28/375

Been a LONG month with no welder. A tool I use more than once a week.

Karl

That ought to do the job

Looks like it has been well used but not abused. At least
physically...

Hope you got a good deal on it.

--
Leon Fisk
Grand Rapids MI/Zone 5b

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

That ought to do the job

Looks like it has been well used but not abused. At least
physically...

Hope you got a good deal on it.

Certainly not an Iggy class deal...

An auction is always a shot in the dark. If it works well, I'll be
delighted.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

http://www.hoffonlineauctions.net/cg...cgi?hoff28/375

It will be interesting to see how well you adjust to this machine. Its
well thought of, but its also a machine that will require some
retraining.

Got it for a good price too as I see.

Gunner
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2015-06-24, Karl Townsend wrote:
I am no longer without welder:
http://www.hoffonlineauctions.net/cg...cgi?hoff28/375

Been a LONG month with no welder. A tool I use more than once a week.

Great welder!

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

http://www.hoffonlineauctions.net/cg...cgi?hoff28/375

It will be interesting to see how well you adjust to this machine. Its
well thought of, but its also a machine that will require some
retraining.

Got it for a good price too as I see.

Gunner

I know welders are like wimin, you got to learn what they like. My old
Lincoln I knew quiet well. what differences should I expect?
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

http://www.hoffonlineauctions.net/cg...cgi?hoff28/375

It will be interesting to see how well you adjust to this machine. Its
well thought of, but its also a machine that will require some
retraining.

Got it for a good price too as I see.

Gunner

I know welders are like wimin, you got to learn what they like. My old
Lincoln I knew quiet well. what differences should I expect?

From the few Syncrowaves Ive used..arcs are "harsh"..and you will burn
through when you least expect it. Your old machine was one of the most
forgiving welders Ive ever used..so stay on your toes when you first
fire her up. Remember the old Idealarcs? They had a setting that
was almost as harsh as a Syncrowave...cant remember what it was..but
it could be brutal when working on thinner stuff. (under 1/4"!!)

You will do just fine..just get to know the old girl before doing
something for your brother in law. (Grin)

At least you didnt buy a Syncrowave 250 Dx..those (some) were really
problem children

https://www.google.com/search?q=miller+syncrowave+tig+arc+problems&rlz=1C 1AVNG_enUS636US637&oq=miller+syncrowave+tig+arc+pr oblems&aqs=chrome..69i57.16323j0j4&sourceid=chrome &es_sm=0&ie=UTF-8

Gunner

new welder Karl Townsend Metalworking 2 October 21st 10 12:29 AM
buy a Mig welder Karl Townsend Metalworking 28 June 18th 10 09:44 AM
Experiences with the Parker Metalworking Plasma-Tec40/160yk plasma cutter/TIG welder/arc welder? Malcolm Metalworking 1 March 10th 06 01:19 PM
First try with arc welder mongke Metalworking 18 August 15th 04 06:19 PM
Welder tzd3sw UK diy 2 July 19th 03 02:16 PM