Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default NICE containers!

This has to be the nicest conversion I've ever seen of shipping
containers. I might have hidden the electrical conduits better, but
it's a sweet little house, oui?

http://containers.wimp.com/shipping-containers/

--
Self-development is a higher duty than self-sacrifice.
-- Elizabeth Cady Stanton
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Larry Jaques has brought this to us :
This has to be the nicest conversion I've ever seen of shipping
containers. I might have hidden the electrical conduits better, but
it's a sweet little house, oui?

http://containers.wimp.com/shipping-containers/

2 people died last weekend in the mountains above Sydney Aus when they
took a charcoal fire into their nicely converted shipping container and
closed the door for the night.

--
John G Sydney.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Wed, 10 Jun 2015 09:10:17 +1000, John G wrote:

Larry Jaques has brought this to us :
This has to be the nicest conversion I've ever seen of shipping
containers. I might have hidden the electrical conduits better, but
it's a sweet little house, oui?

http://containers.wimp.com/shipping-containers/

2 people died last weekend in the mountains above Sydney Aus when they
took a charcoal fire into their nicely converted shipping container and
closed the door for the night.

Darwin event. Happens in the cities in the wintertime here in the
States as well. But it never kills off all of them unfortunately.

Gunner
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Tue, 09 Jun 2015 17:11:43 -0700, Gunner Asch
wrote:

On Wed, 10 Jun 2015 09:10:17 +1000, John G wrote:

Larry Jaques has brought this to us :
This has to be the nicest conversion I've ever seen of shipping
containers. I might have hidden the electrical conduits better, but
it's a sweet little house, oui?

http://containers.wimp.com/shipping-containers/

2 people died last weekend in the mountains above Sydney Aus when they
took a charcoal fire into their nicely converted shipping container and
closed the door for the night.

Darwin event. Happens in the cities in the wintertime here in the
States as well. But it never kills off all of them unfortunately.

Gunner

Not so much. A lot of them are campers and hunters:

"During the past seven years, the U.S. Consumer Product Safety
Commission has learned of 83 deaths from carbon monoxide poisoning
occurring as a result of people burning charcoal briquettes in an
enclosed area.

"Some of the victims were campers who burned the charcoal to keep warm
inside a tent or camper. Others were hunters who burned the charcoal
inside their trucks, cars, or vans."

From a NIH source, including charcoal burning as well as other CO
sources:

"CO deaths were highest during colder months, likely because of
increased use of gas-powered furnaces and use of alternative heating
and power sources used during power outages, such as portable
generators, charcoal briquettes, and propane stoves or grills (1).
Similar to previous findings (2), the highest CO death rates tended to
be among western (e.g., Alaska, Montana, and Wyoming) and midwestern
(e.g., Nebraska and North Dakota) states, likely because of variations
in weather and geography and state-by-state variations in prevalence
of certain risk behaviors. "

--
Ed Huntress
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

[...]

From a NIH source, including charcoal burning as well as other CO
sources:

"CO deaths were highest during colder months, likely because of
increased use of gas-powered furnaces and use of alternative heating
and power sources used during power outages, such as portable
generators, charcoal briquettes, and propane stoves or grills (1).
Similar to previous findings (2), the highest CO death rates tended
be among western (e.g., Alaska, Montana, and Wyoming) and midwestern
(e.g., Nebraska and North Dakota) states, likely because of
variations
in weather and geography and state-by-state variations in prevalence
of certain risk behaviors. "

--
Ed Huntress

I check my CO detector several times a winter by hanging it over the
ash bucket. Even outdoors in a breeze the reading will quickly jump to
several hundred parts per million.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Tue, 9 Jun 2015 20:44:31 -0400, "Jim Wilkins"
wrote:

.. .

wrote:

[...]

From a NIH source, including charcoal burning as well as other CO
[...]

Yeah, they're very sensitive. I have one next to my gas furnace, and I
can make it scream just by slightly adjusting the flame toward yellow.
It's a handy way to get the air/gas ratio right.

--
Ed Huntress
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

[...]

From a NIH source, including charcoal burning as well as other CO
[...]

I use a Lil Buddy heater in my deer hunting trailer. Propane tank
outside, hose come in though the nonfunctional furnace. CO detector next
to the heater.

David
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

On Wed, 10 Jun 2015 09:10:17 +1000, John G wrote:

Larry Jaques has brought this to us :
This has to be the nicest conversion I've ever seen of shipping
containers. I might have hidden the electrical conduits better, but
it's a sweet little house, oui?

http://containers.wimp.com/shipping-containers/

2 people died last weekend in the mountains above Sydney Aus when they
took a charcoal fire into their nicely converted shipping container and
closed the door for the night.

Darwin event. Happens in the cities in the wintertime here in the
States as well. But it never kills off all of them unfortunately.

Generators in the garage (with power cords bumping the door to the
kitchen open) take out a lot every power outage, too. But never all.
Generators also get a few complacent powerline workers.

Darwinists, like Democrats, are like cock roaches. Even nuclear war
wouldn't get rid of all of 'em.

--
Worrying does not take away tomorrow's troubles,
it takes away today's peace. --Lifehack
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

[...]

But..pretty soon will come the time to get out your favorite method of
stomping roaches and we can deal with them once and for all. Again..we
wont get them all..but like roaches..kill off enough of them and they
dont appear outside of the dark places for a very long time.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

[...]

I'll treasure that thought.

Yabbut, between politics and speaking weasels, the forementioned
groups are "protected". Makes it harder, huh? Very soon, the
speaking weasels will run out of bare ladder to slap extra warning
signs onto. deep sigh

--
The beauty of the 2nd Amendment is that it will not be needed
until they try to take it. --Thomas Jefferson

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Larry Jaques on Sat, 13 Jun 2015
06:15:57 -0700 typed in rec.crafts.metalworking the following:

Darwinists, like Democrats, are like cock roaches. Even nuclear war
wouldn't get rid of all of 'em.

But..pretty soon will come the time to get out your favorite method of
stomping roaches and we can deal with them once and for all. Again..we
wont get them all..but like roaches..kill off enough of them and they
dont appear outside of the dark places for a very long time.

I'll treasure that thought.

Yabbut, between politics and speaking weasels, the forementioned
groups are "protected". Makes it harder, huh? Very soon, the
speaking weasels will run out of bare ladder to slap extra warning
signs onto. deep sigh

As the progressives work hard to make the police ineffectual, who
will protect them from the rednecks?

pyotr filipivich
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sat, 13 Jun 2015 09:23:54 -0700, pyotr filipivich
wrote:

Larry Jaques on Sat, 13 Jun 2015
06:15:57 -0700 typed in rec.crafts.metalworking the following:

Darwinists, like Democrats, are like cock roaches. Even nuclear war
wouldn't get rid of all of 'em.

But..pretty soon will come the time to get out your favorite method of
stomping roaches and we can deal with them once and for all. Again..we
wont get them all..but like roaches..kill off enough of them and they
dont appear outside of the dark places for a very long time.

I'll treasure that thought.

Yabbut, between politics and speaking weasels, the forementioned
groups are "protected". Makes it harder, huh? Very soon, the
speaking weasels will run out of bare ladder to slap extra warning
signs onto. deep sigh

As the progressives work hard to make the police ineffectual, who
will protect them from the rednecks?

Well, let's see...God, the police, the army, and Demonrats with guns
are all out, so it appears that -nobody- will be there to do it.

All together now "Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!"

--
The beauty of the 2nd Amendment is that it will not be needed
until they try to take it. --Thomas Jefferson
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"pyotr filipivich" wrote in message

As the progressives work hard to make the police ineffectual, who
will protect them from the rednecks?
pyotr filipivich

There's always been an element of the Left that promotes anarchy,
until they succeed and experience it.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

Larry Jaques on Sat, 13 Jun 2015
06:15:57 -0700 typed in rec.crafts.metalworking the following:

Darwinists, like Democrats, are like cock roaches. Even nuclear war
wouldn't get rid of all of 'em.

But..pretty soon will come the time to get out your favorite method of
stomping roaches and we can deal with them once and for all. Again..we
wont get them all..but like roaches..kill off enough of them and they
dont appear outside of the dark places for a very long time.

I'll treasure that thought.

Yabbut, between politics and speaking weasels, the forementioned
groups are "protected". Makes it harder, huh? Very soon, the
speaking weasels will run out of bare ladder to slap extra warning
signs onto. deep sigh

As the progressives work hard to make the police ineffectual, who
will protect them from the rednecks?

VBG

Lefties..NEVER consider that fact.

Fortunately.

VBG

pyotr filipivich

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Gunner Asch on Sat, 13 Jun 2015 16:45:47 -0700
wrote:

[...]

They have a magical belief system which protects them. Right up
until it fails, but by then "Who cares?"

If only the retributive chaos would confine itself to the lefties

pyotr

--
pyotr filipivich

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sat, 13 Jun 2015 18:54:46 -0400, "Jim Wilkins"
wrote:

"pyotr filipivich" wrote in message
.. .

As the progressives work hard to make the police ineffectual, who
will protect them from the rednecks?
pyotr filipivich

There's always been an element of the Left that promotes anarchy,
until they succeed and experience it.

You mean like the Bolsheviks in Russia?
--
cheers,

John B.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

news
wrote:

[...]

It pretty much has, the NKVD efficiently liquidated slight deviations
from whatever the current Party Line was.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nikolai_Bukharin

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paris_Commune
Estimates of dead Communists run as high as 17,000 to 20,000.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bavarian_Council_Republic
"Soon after, on 3 May 1919, remaining loyal elements of the German
army (called the "White Guards of Capitalism" by the communists), with
a force of 9,000, and Freikorps (such as the Freikorps Epp and the
Marinebrigade Ehrhardt) with a force of about 30,000 men, entered
Munich and defeated the communists after bitter street fighting in
which over 1,000 supporters of the Munich council government were
killed. About 700 men and women were arrested and summarily executed
by the victorious Freikorps troops."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dirty_War
"a period of state terrorism in Argentina from roughly 1974 to 1983
(some sources date the beginning to 1969), during which military and
security forces and right-wing death squads in the form of the
Argentine Anticommunist Alliance (Triple A) hunted down and killed
left-wing guerrillas, political dissidents, and anyone believed to be
associated with socialism."

"Declassified documents of the Chilean secret police cite an official
estimate by the Batallón de Inteligencia 601 of 22,000 killed or
"disappeared" between 1975 and mid-1978."

This is what happens when socialist radicals break down the old order
so they can build a new one. They open the door for their opponents
to do the same.
-G. Zinoviev

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

"pyotr filipivich" wrote in message
. ..

As the progressives work hard to make the police ineffectual, who
will protect them from the rednecks?
pyotr filipivich

There's always been an element of the Left that promotes anarchy,
until they succeed and experience it.

You mean like the Bolsheviks in Russia?
--
cheers,

John B.

The Bolsheviks believed totalitarian authority was a necessary
intermediate step, as did Marx.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dictat...he_proletariat

Mensheviks believed that a peaceful transition was possible.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mensheviks
"The Mensheviks came to argue for predominantly legal methods and
trade union work, while the Bolsheviks favoured armed violence."

Anarchists like Bakunin rejected both
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mikhail_Bakunin

I learned all this in Modern European History back in high school.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

"pyotr filipivich" wrote in message
. ..

As the progressives work hard to make the police ineffectual, who
will protect them from the rednecks?
pyotr filipivich

There's always been an element of the Left that promotes anarchy,
until they succeed and experience it.

You mean like the Bolsheviks in Russia?
--
cheers,

John B.

This is a better example:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Revolutions_of_1848
" It remains the most widespread revolutionary wave in European
history, but within a year, reactionary forces had regained control,
and the revolutions collapsed."

"society was cut in two: those who had nothing united in common envy,
and those who had anything united in common terror."

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Jim Wilkins" on Sun, 14 Jun 2015 07:56:37

This is what happens when socialist radicals break down the old order
so they can build a new one. They open the door for their opponents
to do the same.
-G. Zinoviev

There was a story told, of the Zek (Soviet Slang for prisoner)
talking with the guard. (After a few years, you get to know each
other.) And the guard asks him what he did, and the Zek says "I did
nothing! Nothing I tell you." And the guard then asks, "So what did
you get?" And the Zek says "a twenty fiver." The guard replies "You
lie! you don't get 25 for nothing, For nothing you get at most a
tenner!"

The problem I see coming, are those who are on the margins, deep
in the "80% who ask 'what happened?'", who are going to get caught up
in the "rectification". E.g., the small business owners in Ferguson.
Or Baltimore. Or wherever the Al Sharpton anti-truth race bating
spectacle goes next.
--
pyotr filipivich

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

[...]

The hoi polloi will flock to the first Mussolini who promises
salvation.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sun, 14 Jun 2015 08:31:06 -0400, "Jim Wilkins"
wrote:

.. .
wrote:

"pyotr filipivich" wrote in message

As the progressives work hard to make the police ineffectual, who
will protect them from the rednecks?
pyotr filipivich

There's always been an element of the Left that promotes anarchy,
until they succeed and experience it.

You mean like the Bolsheviks in Russia?
--
cheers,

John B.

The Bolsheviks believed totalitarian authority was a necessary
intermediate step, as did Marx.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dictat...he_proletariat

Exactly. One might say that they "promotes anarchy,
until they succeed and experience it."

And were, apparently, perfectly happy with it :-)

Mensheviks believed that a peaceful transition was possible.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mensheviks
"The Mensheviks came to argue for predominantly legal methods and
trade union work, while the Bolsheviks favoured armed violence."

Anarchists like Bakunin rejected both
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mikhail_Bakunin

I learned all this in Modern European History back in high school.

--
cheers,

John B.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Jim Wilkins" on Sun, 14 Jun 2015 12:19:16
[...]

As we used to snark, "What color white horse do we want the Hero
mounted upon to ride to our rescue?"
--
pyotr filipivich

value of 40 ft containers Bill Noble[_2_] Metalworking 5 August 14th 11 04:58 PM
Seagoing containers SteveB Metalworking 17 July 20th 08 05:02 AM
Large water containers Sparks UK diy 15 April 19th 06 11:12 PM
I Need Anti-Electrostatic Discharge Containers Vince Electronics Repair 5 March 9th 05 08:04 AM
Tempered Glass Containers? Jimbo Metalworking 1 January 8th 04 01:37 PM