Old June 4th 15, 04:32 AM posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default charge chest freezer

On Wed, 03 Jun 2015 20:51:49 -0400, wrote:

On Wed, 3 Jun 2015 05:08:33 -0700 (PDT), rangerssuck
wrote:

On Wednesday, June 3, 2015 at 7:52:46 AM UTC-4, Karl Townsend wrote:
I now have a system that leaks. Need to check with it running to a
set pressure number and see how much add to get back to there on a
regular basis.

???
Why not find the leak, and repair it?

Lloyd

This work above my pay grade. If the unit leaks too much, toss it and
buy a new one.

For $18 and a few minutes' work, you could find your leak and save yourself the trouble of future refills.
http://goo.gl/dQnN6s

Those usually don't work -after- all the magic coolant has leaked out.

And for a few more bucks you can put in a sealer and fix the leak
(better than 50-50 chance of the sealer working - but don't expect to
discharge and recharge in the future - it's a "last ditch" attempt. If
it doesn't last, you ditch it.

That's (usually) only good if the compressor hasn't been damaged by
loss of coolant and oil, when you catch it on the way down rather than
after it's blowing warm. But it's a chance. When mine truly goes TU
(I replaced the start/run cap a few years ago), I'll replace it with
whatever system + new refrigerant they use. Mine's an old R22 system
and will have to be completely swapped out. ChaCHING!

--
It takes as much energy to wish as to plan.
--Eleanor Roosevelt

Old June 4th 15, 04:57 AM posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

[...]

I'm no expert, but I think you can just add NU22 to an R22 system without swapping out all the hardware or even doing a purge.