Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Small eye bolts - M4

Trying to track down a source of small stainless steel eye bolts for use
in a product.

I need M4 and cannot locate anything below M5.

Something like this:

http://www.berkeleypoint.com/products/hardware/parts/welded_eye_bolt_a.jpg

I've tried all the hardware sellers and marine chandlers I can think of.
We've even looked at different fixed rod end style fittings but nothing
seems to be made in M4.

Any ideas?

Thanks.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Thursday, May 28, 2015 at 6:00:19 PM UTC-7, just_me wrote:
Trying to track down a source of small stainless steel eye bolts for use
in a product.

I need M4 and cannot locate anything below M5.

Something like this:

http://www.berkeleypoint.com/products/hardware/parts/welded_eye_bolt_a.jpg

That looks like welded stainless; I tried a search with "A2" and "A4" which are
the (European/metric) common stainless steels (roughly, 304 and 316 type)
and got what looks like a hit

http://troytop.com/product-cam/m4-eye-bolt.html
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 29-May-15 12:24 PM, whit3rd wrote:
On Thursday, May 28, 2015 at 6:00:19 PM UTC-7, just_me wrote:
Trying to track down a source of small stainless steel eye bolts for use
in a product.

I need M4 and cannot locate anything below M5.

Something like this:

http://www.berkeleypoint.com/products/hardware/parts/welded_eye_bolt_a.jpg

That looks like welded stainless; I tried a search with "A2" and "A4" which are
the (European/metric) common stainless steels (roughly, 304 and 316 type)
and got what looks like a hit

http://troytop.com/product-cam/m4-eye-bolt.html

Thanks - good find. Their 10k minimum order might be an issue! Maybe we
can find someone they sell to.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Fri, 29 May 2015 09:00:32 +0800, just_me wrote:

Trying to track down a source of small stainless steel eye bolts for use
in a product.

I need M4 and cannot locate anything below M5.

Something like this:

http://www.berkeleypoint.com/products/hardware/parts/welded_eye_bolt_a.jpg

I've tried all the hardware sellers and marine chandlers I can think of.
We've even looked at different fixed rod end style fittings but nothing
seems to be made in M4.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

http://www.alibaba.com/showroom/stai...-bolts-m4.html

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 30-May-15 6:22 AM, Gunner Asch wrote:
On Fri, 29 May 2015 09:00:32 +0800, just_me wrote:

Trying to track down a source of small stainless steel eye bolts for use
in a product.

I need M4 and cannot locate anything below M5.

Something like this:

http://www.berkeleypoint.com/products/hardware/parts/welded_eye_bolt_a.jpg

I've tried all the hardware sellers and marine chandlers I can think of.
We've even looked at different fixed rod end style fittings but nothing
seems to be made in M4.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

http://www.alibaba.com/showroom/stai...-bolts-m4.html

Thanks for the suggestion, I've been that route. A few seem promising
but following them through I end up a hard to understand contact for a
Chinese factory with a minimum buy of 10,000. I wonder if some only set
up to manufacture when the actually get an order.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

In article , just_me
wrote:

[...]

Could be. Screwmakers usually have a 10,000 item minimum, because
setting a screw machine up takes some effort, and isn't worth it for
ten screws.

It may be cheaper to make a few screws manually, in a machine shop.

What problem are you trying to solve? There may be alternatives.

Better question is what it costs for each possible path.

Joe Gwinn
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 30-May-15 11:15 PM, Joe Gwinn wrote:
In article , just_me
wrote:

[...]

We probably need two thousand or so over a few years. Probably a few to
many to viably hand make and have them look presentable.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

[...]

http://www.avonstainlessfasteners.co...nless-steel-a2
or
http://tinyurl.com/osgqg79

for more choices.
--
cheers,

John B.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

[...]

Have you tried turnbuckle makers?
http://www.amazon.com/Stainless-Stee.../dp/B00IJ67MKI

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

[...]

Thanks - that Avon link is interesting.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

[...]

Yep - that's what we are doing for now - just using the M4 eye from
turnbuckles.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Saturday, May 30, 2015 at 12:13:40 AM UTC-4, just_me wrote:
[...]

That or sell the contract once its signed to someone that they know of whose cheaper, reserving just the paperwork for themselves. It all depends upon the contract.

Last night, I heard on NPR's "Marketplace" (American Public Media) presidential interview that business in China plays by different rules, so that is supposed to justify the TPP support against the wishes of big labor.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

[...]

And the turnbuckle manufacturer can't or wont supply just the screw eyes? Seems like an opportunity for them to make a quick & easy buck.