Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default OT Any printer gurus here ? OT

My HP 3510 printer is giving me fits , keeps throwing a paper jam error
even with no paper in it . I've had it almost completely disassembled ,
after a thorough cleaning it printed exactly one test page then went back to
the paper jam thing . Anybody with experience diagnosing this ? I suspect
there's a sensor in there or something , but I saw nothing while it was
apart . Everything seems to be functioning correctly by direct observation .
The other thiung it does is that when you clear the "jam" by pushing the
proper key on the control panel , if will just keep feeding paper until it
runs out . BTW , I ran the tests with a fresh install of the software on a
comp that's never ran this printer before , so not likely it's a software
problem .
I've had pretty good luck with HP printers until this one , but I'm about
to go with another brand after this . What really sucks is we just bought 3
pairs of cartridges for it , they were on a really good sale .

--
Snag

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Terry Coombs wrote:

My HP 3510 printer is giving me fits , keeps throwing a paper jam error
even with no paper in it .

I've fixed a couple printers by browsing this site :
http://www.fixyourownprinter.com/

Just search for the model #. They have info on some of the arcane fixes
where solenoids that trip clutches lose the pad that stops the armature from
dropping too far away from the coil. Causes VERY bizarre malfunctions on
certain models.

Jon
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Jon Elson wrote:
Terry Coombs wrote:

My HP 3510 printer is giving me fits , keeps throwing a paper jam
error even with no paper in it .

I've fixed a couple printers by browsing this site :
http://www.fixyourownprinter.com/

Just search for the model #. They have info on some of the arcane
fixes where solenoids that trip clutches lose the pad that stops the
armature from dropping too far away from the coil. Causes VERY
bizarre malfunctions on certain models.

Jon

Do I have to sign up to look up help subjects ? I entered my model number ,
hit the search arrow , nothing happens .

--
Snag

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Do a Google or other search for "HP 3510 Printer" and manuals are shown.
Might insert Service manual in the search line - and you might find it.

I did and there was pages of files.

Martin

On 5/26/2015 6:00 PM, Terry Coombs wrote:
[...]

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

In article
"Terry Coombs" wrote:

[...]

http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/doc/p...ocId=c03360597

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Martin Eastburn" wrote in message
Do a Google or other search for "HP 3510 Printer" and manuals are
shown.
Might insert Service manual in the search line - and you might find
it.

I did and there was pages of files.

Martin

HP's repair instructions for the HP 6110 I was given are that when it
fails, buy something else.

I did find a posting on how to temporarily fix its design defect.

-jsw

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Dennis @ Hx wrote:
In article
"Terry Coombs" wrote:

[...]

Thanks for all the suggestions , I've decided to toss this unit , unless I
can get it to run as only a scanner .
I've got 3 sets of #61 cartridges still in the sealed pakaging they
include photo paper . I'll let 'em all go for 60 bucks and I'll pay shipping
.. List is over 30 bucks each .

--
Snag