DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Repair Lincoln Idealarc (https://www.diybanter.com/metalworking/378041-repair-lincoln-idealarc.html)

Karl Townsend[_7_] May 22nd 15 04:28 PM

Repair Lincoln Idealarc

Anyone know where to get a repair manual for a Lincoln Ideal arc
300/300 stick tig machine?

It has five setttings for power. And then a fine adjust knob for power
levels in between. this broke. All it does is full power for each of
the five main levels.

As an alternate, anybody know of a deal on a DC stick/tig welder? if i
can't fix it, the cost is more than its worth to have a tech. repair
it.

Karl

Leon Fisk May 22nd 15 07:32 PM

Repair Lincoln Idealarc

On Fri, 22 May 2015 10:28:22 -0500
Karl Townsend wrote:

Anyone know where to get a repair manual for a Lincoln Ideal arc
300/300 stick tig machine?

It has five setttings for power. And then a fine adjust knob for power
levels in between. this broke. All it does is full power for each of
the five main levels.

As an alternate, anybody know of a deal on a DC stick/tig welder? if i
can't fix it, the cost is more than its worth to have a tech. repair
it.

Do you have the operators manual? Maybe this:

http://www.lincolnelectric.com/asset...oln3/IM333.pdf

It has a Trouble Shooting section, parts layout and schematic. Not the
best copy but I don't know what you already have... If nobody else
jumps in I would suggest giving Don a call and see if he wants to come
out for supper. You're a bit far away for me to drive over for a
look ;-)

--
Leon Fisk
Grand Rapids MI/Zone 5b

Ignoramus8699 May 23rd 15 12:46 AM

Repair Lincoln Idealarc

is the knob a pot?

did you try to replace the knob with another pot?

I have a bunch of dc tigs

Karl Townsend[_7_] May 23rd 15 12:57 AM

Repair Lincoln Idealarc

I have a bunch of dc tigs

email me, I'm ready to just trade up.

karltownsendATembarqmailDOTcom

Karl

Lloyd E. Sponenburgh[_3_] May 23rd 15 12:58 AM

Repair Lincoln Idealarc

Ignoramus8699 fired this volley in
:

I have a bunch of dc tigs

Yeah... I got one (of Ig's), and LOVE it. "Old-tech" (NASA-type man-to-
the-moon equipment, though just a bit more modern than that), so it's
emminently repairable; ALL electro-mechanical,except for the rectifiers. I
figure, if it was good enough to put our astronauts into space, it's good
enough for the mundane crap I build.

LLoyd

Karl Townsend[_7_] May 23rd 15 01:03 AM

Repair Lincoln Idealarc

Thanks for the leads but my unit is a fair bit older than the manual
you found.

Ignoramus8699 May 23rd 15 02:08 AM

Repair Lincoln Idealarc

emailed

I have a bunch of dc tigs

Ignoramus8699 May 23rd 15 02:09 AM

Repair Lincoln Idealarc

On 2015-05-22, Lloyd E. Sponenburgh lloydspinsidemindspring.com wrote:
Ignoramus8699 fired this volley in
:

I have a bunch of dc tigs

Yeah... I got one (of Ig's), and LOVE it. "Old-tech" (NASA-type man-to-
the-moon equipment, though just a bit more modern than that), so it's
emminently repairable; ALL electro-mechanical,except for the rectifiers. I
figure, if it was good enough to put our astronauts into space, it's good
enough for the mundane crap I build.

You will be fine as long as you do not try to fly into space ;-]

I am glad that you like it!

These welders are truly indestructible.

Ignoramus8699 May 23rd 15 02:36 AM

Repair Lincoln Idealarc

I also have a Miller Maxstar SD for sale

emailed

I have a bunch of dc tigs

Karl Townsend[_7_] May 23rd 15 02:42 AM

Repair Lincoln Idealarc

Ig, I sent the link to my son. I'll wait for his advice and then
contact you.

I assume what i see is what you got - no leads, foot peddle, tig torch
etc.

Karl