Old May 23rd 15, 03:43 AM posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Repair Lincoln Idealarc

Karl Townsend fired this volley in
:

assume what i see is what you got - no leads, foot peddle, tig torch
etc.

FWIW, when I got my Miller Syncrowave from Ig, it had ALL the toys!

Lloyd

Old May 23rd 15, 03:44 AM posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2015-05-23, Karl Townsend wrote:
Ig, I sent the link to my son. I'll wait for his advice and then
contact you.

I assume what i see is what you got - no leads, foot peddle, tig torch
etc.

For sure nothing is included if it is not shown.

I also have a Maxstar SD suitcase for sale.

Old May 23rd 15, 03:45 AM posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2015-05-23, Lloyd E. Sponenburgh lloydspinsidemindspring.com wrote:
Karl Townsend fired this volley in
:

assume what i see is what you got - no leads, foot peddle, tig torch
etc.

FWIW, when I got my Miller Syncrowave from Ig, it had ALL the toys!

But they were all shown!

Old May 23rd 15, 03:59 AM posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

I also have a Maxstar SD suitcase for sale.

nothing you have trips my trigger, send pics of this if you can.

I need 1 phase unit and know buying the extras can really cost.
Old May 23rd 15, 04:08 AM posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Ignoramus8699 fired this volley in
:

But they were all shown!

But I'll also bet that in the 'stacks', you have stuff you could use to put
together a "package", if someone wanted one! I know hoarders (being one of
limited ilk, myself), and I'd be willing to wager there are 'extra'
torches, leads, and miscellanea on your shelves.

Lloyd

Old May 23rd 15, 04:18 AM posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2015-05-23, Lloyd E. Sponenburgh lloydspinsidemindspring.com wrote:
Ignoramus8699 fired this volley in
:

But they were all shown!

But I'll also bet that in the 'stacks', you have stuff you could use to put
together a "package", if someone wanted one! I know hoarders (being one of
limited ilk, myself), and I'd be willing to wager there are 'extra'
torches, leads, and miscellanea on your shelves.

I have torches and leads, but no pedals.

Old May 23rd 15, 02:12 PM posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Fri, 22 May 2015 19:03:04 -0500
Karl Townsend wrote:

Thanks for the leads but my unit is a fair bit older than the manual
you found.

Need more info then, like a model number off it. Calling it an
Idealarc is like saying your car is a Chevy ;-)

The one I linked to above is from 1984. For an Idealarc TIG-300/300.
Should have a code number on it too I think. That manual was for code
8888 and higher...

--
Leon Fisk
Grand Rapids MI/Zone 5b

Old May 23rd 15, 09:17 PM posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Fri, 22 May 2015 10:28:22 -0500, Karl Townsend
wrote:

Anyone know where to get a repair manual for a Lincoln Ideal arc
300/300 stick tig machine?

It has five setttings for power. And then a fine adjust knob for power
levels in between. this broke. All it does is full power for each of
the five main levels.

As an alternate, anybody know of a deal on a DC stick/tig welder? if i
can't fix it, the cost is more than its worth to have a tech. repair
it.

Karl

Just replace the pot. Its not rocket science. The resistance element
in that post went west.

Any welding repair shop can get you one and Id certainly check ebay

Gunner
Old May 23rd 15, 09:18 PM posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Fri, 22 May 2015 20:36:51 -0500, Ignoramus8699
wrote:

I also have a Miller Maxstar SD for sale

OOOOOHHH!!!!!

emailed

On 2015-05-22, Karl Townsend wrote:

I have a bunch of dc tigs

email me, I'm ready to just trade up.

karltownsendATembarqmailDOTcom

Karl

Old May 24th 15, 04:33 PM posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

Anyone know where to get a repair manual for a Lincoln Ideal arc
300/300 stick tig machine?

It has five setttings for power. And then a fine adjust knob for power
levels in between. this broke. All it does is full power for each of
the five main levels.

As an alternate, anybody know of a deal on a DC stick/tig welder? if i
can't fix it, the cost is more than its worth to have a tech. repair
it.

Karl

Just replace the pot. Its not rocket science. The resistance element
in that post went west.

Any welding repair shop can get you one and Id certainly check ebay

Gunner

http://www.potentiometer.com/ is a good resource for pots, including
Mil spec.