Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default CNC Machining Sample Programmer/Machinist making his own videos

1st video:

Golf Club 5 axis moves....made the 1st part out of aluminum to test out a new (CAM) 5 axis post. The actual clubs are made from solid block of stainless.

This first setup shown in the video machines all dimensions, it completes all finish dimensions on the club except for one (the face of the club). The first operation mills every thing and leaves break out tabs on the clubs face, the club is removed from the left over material blank by hand.

There are pockets in this club that are not shown because they are proprietary. These pockets are used to mount the club on fixture and orientate the putter face for machining. The 2nd and last machining Setup is one rough facing pass, one finish pass, one pass to mill a groove (swirl) pattern on the face of the club in one pass.

http://tinyurl.com/mzwwluj

2nd video:

In this next video I am machining all sides of the part in one setup, one chucking. The interesting part is at the very end. Fast forward to the end of the video and you will see me snap the completed part off the material blank.

Video shows a Lot of moves to the Laser, this is tool break and edge chip detection. Quick cycle checks for broken tool, longer cycle is checking the edges of end mills to see if any are chipped.

http://tinyurl.com/ksemrjc

3rd video:

Here is another "One and Done", one setup where I machine all sides of the part, complete all finish dimensions in one setup on a 5 Axis VMC. I then break out (cut out) the completed part at the end.

This Video only shows me separating the finished part from the left over material blank at a desk, this is usually done at the machine itself.

I'll have to take a photo of the completed part and some sectioned renderings so you can appreciate it being a one and done.

At the end after the part separates from the blank, I run a hand burr tool around the break out edge and part is complete.

http://tinyurl.com/kdptquv

Next video is Volumill cycle pocketing a chassis. 6061 Aluminum, 1/2", 3 FLT, Niagara CARB EM, 6,500 RPM, 1" DOC, 30% Step Over, 350 IPM feed, flood coolant. The crackling noises are chips and coolant flying out of the pocket. It is a perfect balance for this particular machine and these style pockets.

6,500 RPM is what I call the sweet spot for this machine. It's where the torque curve and HP curves cross on this machine. The tool used and all the other machining variables are programmed and set so the machine load meter never goes over 100%. Also it makes the chips fly up and out of the pocket, no re-cutting of chips or chip packing.

http://tinyurl.com/mxjvuua

-------------------------------

For "One and Done's" (videos to come) we cut material in Cold Saw, put in Self Centering, two jaw vise and machine the part complete (with break out tabs). When the machining is complete we snap the part out and all machining is complete.

We use Erowa 148mm Receptacles on the machines.

We use 148mm Erowa style Pallets, Dovetail holders and 2 jaw self centering vises made by 5th Axis Fixtures:

Some of what we use are shown here,

http://www.fifthaxis.com/vises/5-axi...62-detail.html
http://www.fifthaxis.com/solutions/a...15-detail.html
http://www.fifthaxis.com/solutions/a...1m-detail.html
http://www.fifthaxis.com/solutions/a...2m-detail.html

Tom
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

3rd video:

Here is another "One and Done", one setup where I machine all sides of the part, complete all finish dimensions in one setup on a 5 Axis VMC. I then break out (cut out) the completed part at the end.

This Video only shows me separating the finished part from the left over material blank at a desk, this is usually done at the machine itself.

I'll have to take a photo of the completed part and some sectioned renderings so you can appreciate it being a one and done.

At the end after the part separates from the blank, I run a hand burr tool around the break out edge and part is complete.

http://tinyurl.com/kdptquv

Here is a video taken at the machine of the finished part and shows more part detail.

http://tinyurl.com/mexc6uq
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sun, 17 May 2015 19:06:46 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

[...]

Thanks Tom! Nice videos! Folks here dont get to see much of the
"Real World" in machine shops. Keep em coming!

Gunner
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 18-May-15 10:06 AM, wrote:
[...]

Cheers - interesting viewing.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Monday, May 18, 2015 at 2:05:08 AM UTC-7, Gunner Asch wrote:

Thanks Tom! Nice videos! Folks here dont get to see much of the
"Real World" in machine shops. Keep em coming!

Gunner

Hey there old man.

I will post some 2.5 and 3 axis stuff where the fixturing and/or nesting may be of interest to some.

Tom

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Monday, May 18, 2015 at 12:12:52 PM UTC-7, Gunner Asch wrote:

Tom

Good to hear. Glad to see you posting. Dont be a stranger here.

Gunner

Well AMC sure turned into a desert for exchanging machining, CNC programming help and information.

The only people left over there in Alt.Machines.CNC are Jon "Completely Walter Mitty Bonkers" Banquer and a couple others flogging themselves and eachother.

I just dropped in on the ole AMC group to see if there was any machining related content and could hear the crickets cherping, no real content.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Monday, May 18, 2015 at 12:50:14 PM UTC-7, slow eddy lied:

I just dropped in on the ole AMC group to see if there was any machining related content and could hear the crickets cherping, no real content.

I stopped in there a couple of weeks ago and almost puked. Now we know
what Bonkers does when he's not posting bull**** here. He posts other
bull**** there, by the truckload.

It's good to see you, Tom.

--
slow eddy

slow eddy is a liar and a moron:

alt.machines.cnc is a group set up to sell/discuss CNC machines and it has never had very many posts listing machines for sale.

The reason Cliff Huprich ended up posting here is that alt.machines.cnc is basically a dead Usenet group.

The best machining and CADCAM info can now be found on LinkedIn.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Monday, May 18, 2015 at 12:57:59 PM UTC-7, jon_banquer wrote:

The best machining and CADCAM info can now be found he

http://tinyurl.com/kxlnddk

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Mon, 18 May 2015 17:25:09 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

On Monday, May 18, 2015 at 12:57:59 PM UTC-7, jon_banquer wrote:

The best machining and CADCAM info can now be found he

http://tinyurl.com/kxlnddk

You realize that any talk about a troll only encourages them, don't
you? Just Say No!

--
When we are planning for posterity, we ought
to remember that virtue is not hereditary.

(comparing Paine to the current CONgress deep sigh)

Stool Sample Lew Hodgett[_6_] Woodworking Plans and Photos 4 November 24th 16 01:26 PM
Sample (OT) Gerry[_6_] Woodworking 0 May 23rd 13 09:40 PM
Machining videos Bob Engelhardt Metalworking 13 December 1st 08 01:27 AM
machining videos Rex B Metalworking 6 September 19th 04 04:19 PM
Master Machinist Videos??? Marty Escarcega Metalworking 2 May 26th 04 02:01 PM