Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default TIG projects

Anybody have stories of projects they had to do when learning TIG welding,
or other exercises to try when learning it?

I had no problems with 14 and maybe even some 16 guage carbon steel, but
struggled with anything thicker (1/8" and up) and keeping up the fill rod
rate or not changing angles of the torch as I moved along a weld.
Obviously I need to practice that with a spotter again. I really had no
idea what was going on for some reason.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Tuesday, May 12, 2015 at 5:00:33 PM UTC-7, John Doe wrote:
Sorry, my bad.

You're a ****ing moron with no clues. Sit down and shut up.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Tue, 12 May 2015 18:29:19 +0000 (UTC), Cydrome Leader
wrote:

Anybody have stories of projects they had to do when learning TIG welding,
or other exercises to try when learning it?

I had no problems with 14 and maybe even some 16 guage carbon steel, but
struggled with anything thicker (1/8" and up) and keeping up the fill rod
rate or not changing angles of the torch as I moved along a weld.
Obviously I need to practice that with a spotter again. I really had no
idea what was going on for some reason.

Just keep practicing. I've been TIG'n for 20 years and I'm still
learning.

Watch Jody's videos. I learned a couple of things just yesterday
doing that.
http://www.weldingtipsandtricks.com/

Two Projects Sonny Woodworking 20 February 15th 13 09:15 PM
2 new projects tom koehler Woodturning 1 December 3rd 12 12:55 AM
Need some new projects? Jerome Cooper Woodworking 3 March 10th 11 01:34 AM
do all projects end like this? Nate Nagel Home Repair 35 December 5th 07 03:29 AM