Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default French drain help

I am installing a French drain between my driveway and house. The only place to exit the French drain is on top of the driveway. However, If the end of the drain exits the driveway, this severely limits the depth of the French drain in order to ensure a slope toward the end if that makes sense.

My question is, I have seen pop up drain emitters. They basically look like a 4 inch 90 degree elbow with a top that pops up when water pressure is exerted. Will a French drain product enough pressure to force the water out of this type of emitter since water will have to travel "up hill" albeit for just the length of the elbow.

I appreciate any advice!
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

stryped wrote:
I am installing a French drain between my driveway and house. The
only place to exit the French drain is on top of the driveway.
However, If the end of the drain exits the driveway, this severely
limits the depth of the French drain in order to ensure a slope
toward the end if that makes sense.

My question is, I have seen pop up drain emitters. They basically
look like a 4 inch 90 degree elbow with a top that pops up when water
pressure is exerted. Will a French drain product enough pressure to
force the water out of this type of emitter since water will have to
travel "up hill" albeit for just the length of the elbow.

I appreciate any advice!

Not likely, the pop up's work off the pressure increase, the drain will
slowly fill but not develop any pressure. Probably the easier solution
would be a sump pit with two submersible sump pumps. Then you could run
the drain without a lot of hassle.

--
Steve W.

French drain capitol Home Repair 6 May 13th 08 08:13 PM
Suggestions for Connecting Filter Backwash Drain to French Drain? Scott Townsend Home Repair 0 July 22nd 07 11:02 PM
French drain help..... chrisexv6 Home Repair 22 April 19th 07 05:32 PM
French Drain Burhans Home Repair 4 May 28th 05 01:36 AM
any reason I couldn't tap into a French drain to use it as a basement floor drain? PH Home Repair 3 July 7th 04 01:30 PM