Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Reapir MB Mike Terrell

I have two mother boards with ISA slots that will no longer boot.

I have a five year old note inside the box from Mike Terrell that the
caps would likley fail and he could replace them.

Mike, are you still around and able to do this?

Karl

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Karl Townsend" wrote in message
I have two mother boards with ISA slots that will no longer boot.

I have a five year old note inside the box from Mike Terrell that the
caps would likley fail and he could replace them.

Mike, are you still around and able to do this?

Karl

Unless you are pretty sure the caps are bad ie bludging, leaking
probably not worth the effort to fix
Legacy motherboards are still available at fairly decent prices
http://tinyurl.com/lfv7knp

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Karl Townsend wrote:
I have two mother boards with ISA slots that will no longer boot.

I have a five year old note inside the box from Mike Terrell that the
caps would likley fail and he could replace them.

Mike, are you still around and able to do this?

Karl

I have bought cap kits from this place but they do offer repair services
as well.
http://www.badcaps.net/

--
Steve W.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Unless you are pretty sure the caps are bad ie bludging, leaking
probably not worth the effort to fix
Legacy motherboards are still available at fairly decent prices
http://tinyurl.com/lfv7knp

I think Mike is my only shot here. If he's not well enough to do it,
I'm in the ISA computer build market.

Getting my control software running on another computer is a HUGE job.

Anybody heard from him in a while? I haven't been on RCM but a few
times sense last fall.

Karl

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Karl Townsend" wrote in message

Unless you are pretty sure the caps are bad ie bludging, leaking
probably not worth the effort to fix
Legacy motherboards are still available at fairly decent prices
http://tinyurl.com/lfv7knp

I think Mike is my only shot here. If he's not well enough to do it,
I'm in the ISA computer build market.

Getting my control software running on another computer is a HUGE
job.

Anybody heard from him in a while? I haven't been on RCM but a few
times sense last fall.

Karl

Or you could learn to solder.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Or you could learn to solder.

Don Foreman tried. He said i was the first he couldn't teach.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Tue, 12 May 2015 05:54:07 -0500
Karl Townsend wrote:

Unless you are pretty sure the caps are bad ie bludging, leaking
probably not worth the effort to fix
Legacy motherboards are still available at fairly decent prices
http://tinyurl.com/lfv7knp

I think Mike is my only shot here. If he's not well enough to do it,
I'm in the ISA computer build market.

Getting my control software running on another computer is a HUGE job.

Anybody heard from him in a while? I haven't been on RCM but a few
times sense last fall.

Mike poked his nose in here last March or so. Health woes and such had
been keeping him occupied...

Don't know if this will work, but some possible info/links:

"Michael A. Terrell"

http://home.earthlink.net/~mike.terrell/index.html

http://www.flickr.com/photos/materrell/

Skype: michael.a.terrell

--
Leon Fisk
Grand Rapids MI/Zone 5b

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Karl Townsend wrote:

Unless you are pretty sure the caps are bad ie bludging, leaking
probably not worth the effort to fix
Legacy motherboards are still available at fairly decent prices
http://tinyurl.com/lfv7knp

I think Mike is my only shot here. If he's not well enough to do it,
I'm in the ISA computer build market.

Getting my control software running on another computer is a HUGE job.

Anybody heard from him in a while? I haven't been on RCM but a few
times sense last fall.

Mike poked his nose in here last March or so. Health woes and such had
been keeping him occupied...

Don't know if this will work, but some possible info/links:

"Michael A. Terrell"

http://home.earthlink.net/~mike.terrell/index.html

http://www.flickr.com/photos/materrell/

Skype: michael.a.terrell

He is on Facebook just about 24 hours a day

Gunner
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Tue, 12 May 2015 06:36:19 -0700
Gunner Asch wrote:

snip
He is on Facebook just about 24 hours a day

What's Facebook?

Oh ya, that place where you post all your life's info and then stay
busy trying to keep everyone in the world from seeing it ;-)

--
Leon Fisk
Grand Rapids MI/Zone 5b

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Karl Townsend" wrote in message
I have two mother boards with ISA slots that will no longer boot.

I have a five year old note inside the box from Mike Terrell that the
caps would likley fail and he could replace them.

Mike, are you still around and able to do this?

Karl

Karl any decent electronics shop can do an easy job like replacing caps
ask around. The ham radio guys will know someone or maybe one of them would
help you out.
Checked and there are ISA motherboards on ebay

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Tuesday, May 12, 2015 at 10:37:06 AM UTC-4, Leon Fisk wrote:
On Tue, 12 May 2015 06:36:19 -0700
Gunner Asch wrote:

snip
He is on Facebook just about 24 hours a day

What's Facebook?

Oh ya, that place where you post all your life's info and then stay
busy trying to keep everyone in the world from seeing it ;-)

I've arrived on facebook a few times through search engines, but I don't know how to use it.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Karl Townsend wrote:

I have two mother boards with ISA slots that will no longer boot.

I have a five year old note inside the box from Mike Terrell that the
caps would likley fail and he could replace them.

Mike, are you still around and able to do this?

Karl

Karl, I can't even get into my shop right now. I do have a few good
motherboards with ISA slots. You are welcome to a couple for the cost of
shipping.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Karl Townsend wrote:

Unless you are pretty sure the caps are bad ie bludging, leaking
probably not worth the effort to fix
Legacy motherboards are still available at fairly decent prices
http://tinyurl.com/lfv7knp

I think Mike is my only shot here. If he's not well enough to do it,
I'm in the ISA computer build market.

Getting my control software running on another computer is a HUGE job.

Anybody heard from him in a while? I haven't been on RCM but a few
times sense last fall.

What brand and model of board?
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Karl, I can't even get into my shop right now. I do have a few good
motherboards with ISA slots. You are welcome to a couple for the cost of
shipping.

Sorry to hear you can't get around.

To answer your other question
http://www.cnet.com/products/soyo-sy...i845pe-series/

I guess I could buy a new one for only $1700

Just any old ISA MB won't do. Need P4 speed, both PCI and ISA slots.
Not sure on the graphics spec but would need to support a grahics card
most likely.

Karl
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

I have bought cap kits from this place but they do offer repair services
as well.
http://www.badcaps.net/

I think I'll just send the boards here.

Karl

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

Unless you are pretty sure the caps are bad ie bludging, leaking
probably not worth the effort to fix
Legacy motherboards are still available at fairly decent prices
http://tinyurl.com/lfv7knp

I think Mike is my only shot here. If he's not well enough to do it,
I'm in the ISA computer build market.

Getting my control software running on another computer is a HUGE job.

Anybody heard from him in a while? I haven't been on RCM but a few
times sense last fall.

I've been lightly in contact with him on Facebook this week, so he's
still kickin'.

--
Vidi, Vici, Veni

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Gunner Asch wrote:

He is on Facebook just about 24 hours a day

Not 24 hours a day.

I am still having a lot of trouble sleeping but at least I've stopped
waking up, screaming in pain. I was also having muscle spasms so bad
that they left me hanging onto the edge of the bed to keep from hitting
the floor. I had to file a complaint against my VA doctor with Richard
Nugent, to get into Wound Care. I also had a yelling match with my
primary care physician about handicap parking. She would give me a six
month, temporary, but not the permanent four year permit. I lost it,
when the moron told me, "You're only 62, you might get better some
day."

I was finally released from Wound Care last month, but I still need
to do some healing.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Jim Wilkins wrote:

"Karl Townsend" wrote in message

Unless you are pretty sure the caps are bad ie bludging, leaking
probably not worth the effort to fix
Legacy motherboards are still available at fairly decent prices
http://tinyurl.com/lfv7knp

I think Mike is my only shot here. If he's not well enough to do it,
I'm in the ISA computer build market.

Getting my control software running on another computer is a HUGE
job.

Anybody heard from him in a while? I haven't been on RCM but a few
times sense last fall.

Karl

Or you could learn to solder.

Not on 12 to 16 layer motherboards.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Leon Fisk wrote:

On Tue, 12 May 2015 06:36:19 -0700
Gunner Asch wrote:

snip
He is on Facebook just about 24 hours a day

What's Facebook?

Oh ya, that place where you post all your life's info and then stay
busy trying to keep everyone in the world from seeing it ;-)

I started using it to stay in touch with people who gave up on
newsgroups. I also tracked down several people I served with, in the US
Army.

How to reapir a killer robot from the future??? Jacques De Molay Electronics Repair 4 February 25th 09 06:28 PM
motherboards power socket reapir on laptop [email protected] Electronics Repair 27 June 18th 08 04:41 AM
Sidewalk reapir M&K Home Repair 5 September 4th 05 09:28 PM
Nikon Coolpix 995 ....Reapir... NEWS Electronics Repair 1 April 27th 05 03:02 AM
Reapir chip out of Worktop J. UK diy 2 July 31st 03 03:20 PM