Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Welding machine.

He's dead jim.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1K6wBgAu0Ko

Best Regards
Tom.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Tue, 5 May 2015 19:53:11 -0700, "Howard Beal"
wrote:

He's dead jim.

Ayup. Future Philippino Darwin Awardee?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1K6wBgAu0Ko

That's a handy and highly decorative rebar fence, isn't it?
I wonder if he has his Handyman Club of America card yet...

--
Try not to become a man of success but
rather try to become a man of value.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

I figure it is using the 220 plug in the mains of the house and
that might be a rectifier for DC. The in-line tubular chunk of
whatever. Large Diode array that is maybe 200A rating and 600v.

Martin

wrote:

He's dead jim.

Ayup. Future Philippino Darwin Awardee?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1K6wBgAu0Ko

That's a handy and highly decorative rebar fence, isn't it?
I wonder if he has his Handyman Club of America card yet...

--
Try not to become a man of success but
rather try to become a man of value.
--Albert Einstein

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

He's dead jim.

Ayup. Future Philippino Darwin Awardee?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1K6wBgAu0Ko

That's a handy and highly decorative rebar fence, isn't it?
I wonder if he has his Handyman Club of America card yet...

--
Try not to become a man of success but
rather try to become a man of value.
--Albert Einstein

And all OSHA & UL approved, no doubt.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 5/6/2015 11:12 PM, Martin Eastburn wrote:
I figure it is using the 220 plug in the mains of the house and
that might be a rectifier for DC. The in-line tubular chunk of
whatever. Large Diode array that is maybe 200A rating and 600v.

Martin

There needs to be a current limiter, though. It IS going to stick.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Thu, 07 May 2015 17:31:27 -0400, Bob Engelhardt
wrote:

On 5/6/2015 11:12 PM, Martin Eastburn wrote:
I figure it is using the 220 plug in the mains of the house and
that might be a rectifier for DC. The in-line tubular chunk of
whatever. Large Diode array that is maybe 200A rating and 600v.

Martin

There needs to be a current limiter, though. It IS going to stick.

The #8 wire may be the "current limiter." It reminds me of an old
design for making a welder out of a big car alternator. The wire size
was the resistor.

--
Ed Huntress
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

That is what a Toaster is - a dead short in the switch and a power
source that connect back through the hot elements.

Current limiting wire and outside - self cooling. maybe. Duty cycle...

Martin

wrote:

On 5/6/2015 11:12 PM, Martin Eastburn wrote:
I figure it is using the 220 plug in the mains of the house and
that might be a rectifier for DC. The in-line tubular chunk of
whatever. Large Diode array that is maybe 200A rating and 600v.

Martin

There needs to be a current limiter, though. It IS going to stick.

The #8 wire may be the "current limiter." It reminds me of an old
design for making a welder out of a big car alternator. The wire size
was the resistor.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

He's dead jim.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1K6wBgAu0Ko

Best Regards
Tom.

OMG!!!

Gunner

---

Welding Pigs (Watch Tig Welding/Brazing with Silicon Bronze First) jon_banquer[_2_] Metalworking 0 December 29th 14 09:14 PM
Old welding machine value SteveB Metalworking 9 March 2nd 08 05:48 PM
Making my own welding machine? Modat22 Metalworking 22 January 13th 05 09:08 PM
Slitting machine, Slitting, Rolling mill, Wire Flattening Mill, Sheet Leveler, Section Leveler, Scalping Machine, Brush Machine, coiler, decoiler, recoiler, 4 Hi, 6 Hi, 4 High, 6 High, Rolling mill, Wire Flattening Mill, Polishing Machine, Rewinding korak Metalworking 1 January 4th 04 07:25 PM
Welding Aluminum (WAS: Welding Magnesium) tony Metalworking 5 November 7th 03 01:21 AM