Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default lathe for sale

https://www.proxibid.com/asp/LotDeta...E-MODEL-TUG-40

lo9cated in il, 18" swing
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Tue, 05 May 2015 20:44:03 -0500, Ignoramus29072
wrote:

https://www.proxibid.com/asp/LotDeta...E-MODEL-TUG-40

lo9cated in il, 18" swing

you stole that one.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

https://www.proxibid.com/asp/LotDeta...E-MODEL-TUG-40

lo9cated in il, 18" swing

you stole that one.

Thanks. I kind of hoped that you would notice. For my own shop, I
already have a "like new" -- believe it or not -- Monarch AA. No wear
on that one whatsoever.

So, the above mentioned lathe, I would sell.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

https://www.proxibid.com/asp/LotDeta...E-MODEL-TUG-40

lo9cated in il, 18" swing

you stole that one.

Thanks. I kind of hoped that you would notice. For my own shop, I
already have a "like new" -- believe it or not -- Monarch AA. No wear
on that one whatsoever.

So, the above mentioned lathe, I would sell.

Do you have any good benchtop lathes for sale? Maybe 24 to 36 inch bed?

I have three Hardinge turret lathes from the same auction

https://www.proxibid.com/asp/LotDeta...P-LATHE-30-BED

https://www.proxibid.com/asp/LotDeta...P-LATHE-28-BED

https://www.proxibid.com/asp/LotDeta...P-LATHE-30-BED

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

https://www.proxibid.com/asp/LotDeta...E-MODEL-TUG-40

Slovac or Chinese?

Gunner

---

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

https://www.proxibid.com/asp/LotDeta...E-MODEL-TUG-40

lo9cated in il, 18" swing

you stole that one.

Thanks. I kind of hoped that you would notice. For my own shop, I
already have a "like new" -- believe it or not -- Monarch AA. No wear
on that one whatsoever.

So, the above mentioned lathe, I would sell.

Do you have any good benchtop lathes for sale? Maybe 24 to 36 inch bed?

I have three Hardinge turret lathes from the same auction

First one is a Hardinge HC

https://www.proxibid.com/asp/LotDeta...P-LATHE-30-BED

Hardinge DV-59/DSM-59 or a slightly earlier model. Turret setup is a
bit strange. It could..could be an Elgin version
https://www.proxibid.com/asp/LotDeta...P-LATHE-28-BED

Thats the oldest HC Ive ever seen. It may be the Cataract model prior
to the HC. Speed control is missing from the door..so its probably a
single speed lathe. Not a big deal..easily fixed with a VFD.
https://www.proxibid.com/asp/LotDeta...P-LATHE-30-BED

Iggy..you run across a matching pair of tool holder blocks (short and
tall) for the cross slide on a DSM/DV-59 Id be interested. Ive got a
Victor copy of that lathe that I need the two cross slide tool
holders blocks (and a pair of tool holders..)

Pretty is NOT a requirement. I want to be able to use more than just
the turret. Id consider swapping for them. Headstock mounted cutoff
tool interest you? ) I may... have a spare.

I also have a DSC compound/cross slide or..several minty

Gunner, machine tool service tech, with several Hardinge machines in
his shop..

---

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

https://www.proxibid.com/asp/LotDeta...E-MODEL-TUG-40

Slovac or Chinese?

I thought that Toolmex was Polish?

http://igor.chudov.com/manuals/toolm...w-brochure.pdf

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

https://www.proxibid.com/asp/LotDeta...E-MODEL-TUG-40

lo9cated in il, 18" swing

you stole that one.

Thanks. I kind of hoped that you would notice. For my own shop, I
already have a "like new" -- believe it or not -- Monarch AA. No wear
on that one whatsoever.

So, the above mentioned lathe, I would sell.

Do you have any good benchtop lathes for sale? Maybe 24 to 36 inch bed?

I have three Hardinge turret lathes from the same auction

First one is a Hardinge HC

https://www.proxibid.com/asp/LotDeta...P-LATHE-30-BED

thought so

Hardinge DV-59/DSM-59 or a slightly earlier model. Turret setup is a
bit strange. It could..could be an Elgin version
https://www.proxibid.com/asp/LotDeta...P-LATHE-28-BED

It says Hardinge though

Thats the oldest HC Ive ever seen. It may be the Cataract model prior
to the HC. Speed control is missing from the door..so its probably a
single speed lathe. Not a big deal..easily fixed with a VFD.
https://www.proxibid.com/asp/LotDeta...P-LATHE-30-BED

I sold a cataract turret recently and still have a cataract bed, they
are very much smaller than on this lathe.

Iggy..you run across a matching pair of tool holder blocks (short and
tall) for the cross slide on a DSM/DV-59 Id be interested. Ive got a
Victor copy of that lathe that I need the two cross slide tool
holders blocks (and a pair of tool holders..)

Pretty is NOT a requirement. I want to be able to use more than just
the turret. Id consider swapping for them. Headstock mounted cutoff
tool interest you? ) I may... have a spare.

Do you have a picture of how they should look?

I also have a DSC compound/cross slide or..several minty

Gunner, machine tool service tech, with several Hardinge machines in
his shop..

I love that old **** myself.

My heart aches the most, though, for jig borers. I just bought a
Moore jig borer for $100.

For some reason they mounted it upside down bolted to a ceiling:

http://goo.gl/qgA8gB

Finding a buyer for it will be very difficult.

Three weeks ago I bought a P&W no. 2A jig borer for $50:

http://goo.gl/hW7YVX

Already stripped that one out for parts

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

https://www.proxibid.com/asp/LotDeta...E-MODEL-TUG-40

Slovac or Chinese?

I thought that Toolmex was Polish?

http://igor.chudov.com/manuals/toolm...w-brochure.pdf

Toolmex is an importer, not a manufacturer. But I believe most of what
they handle is eastern European. I'm currently working on tooling for
a Toolmex lathe that a customer has on order. Pretty sure this is it:
http://www.toolmex.com/cb-Machines/tur630amn.aspx

--
Ned Simmons
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

https://www.proxibid.com/asp/LotDeta...E-MODEL-TUG-40

Slovac or Chinese?

I thought that Toolmex was Polish?

http://igor.chudov.com/manuals/toolm...w-brochure.pdf

Toolmex is an importer, not a manufacturer. But I believe most of what
they handle is eastern European. I'm currently working on tooling for
a Toolmex lathe that a customer has on order. Pretty sure this is it:
http://www.toolmex.com/cb-Machines/tur630amn.aspx

Maybe even made in Belarus, I know that they have a strong machine
building factory there.

I am surprised, though, that the above model only weight 13,000 lbs.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sat, 09 May 2015 11:17:02 -0500, Ignoramus25965
wrote:

Iggy..you run across a matching pair of tool holder blocks (short and
tall) for the cross slide on a DSM/DV-59 Id be interested. Ive got a
Victor copy of that lathe that I need the two cross slide tool
holders blocks (and a pair of tool holders..)

Pretty is NOT a requirement. I want to be able to use more than just
the turret. Id consider swapping for them. Headstock mounted cutoff
tool interest you? ) I may... have a spare.

Do you have a picture of how they should look?

http://www.lathes.co.uk/hardinge3/

I have the cross slide. I only have (1) block..which the tool holders
mount on (as seen in the photos) Normally one block (which bolts to
the cross slide ) is .3" higher than the other one. Tool holders are
"usually" the same height. This is because the back tool bit is
mounted upside down

Need better pics..I can probably find some

Gunner

---

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

https://www.proxibid.com/asp/LotDeta...E-MODEL-TUG-40

Slovac or Chinese?

I thought that Toolmex was Polish?

http://igor.chudov.com/manuals/toolm...w-brochure.pdf

If its Polish..its very good machine. Same with Slovac (which I tend
to classify with Polish)

Gunner

---

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

Iggy..you run across a matching pair of tool holder blocks (short and
tall) for the cross slide on a DSM/DV-59 Id be interested. Ive got a
Victor copy of that lathe that I need the two cross slide tool
holders blocks (and a pair of tool holders..)

Pretty is NOT a requirement. I want to be able to use more than just
the turret. Id consider swapping for them. Headstock mounted cutoff
tool interest you? ) I may... have a spare.

Do you have a picture of how they should look?

http://www.lathes.co.uk/hardinge3/

I have the cross slide. I only have (1) block..which the tool holders
mount on (as seen in the photos) Normally one block (which bolts to
the cross slide ) is .3" higher than the other one. Tool holders are
"usually" the same height. This is because the back tool bit is
mounted upside down

Need better pics..I can probably find some

I think that I udnerstand. I do not have one at the moment, but I will
look.

Gunner

---

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

https://www.proxibid.com/asp/LotDeta...E-MODEL-TUG-40

Slovac or Chinese?

I thought that Toolmex was Polish?

http://igor.chudov.com/manuals/toolm...w-brochure.pdf

If its Polish..its very good machine. Same with Slovac (which I tend
to classify with Polish)

I would really love to have my first lathe that I used in high school,
a Russian 16k20. It was a very massive lathe for its size.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

https://www.proxibid.com/asp/LotDeta...E-MODEL-TUG-40

Slovac or Chinese?

I thought that Toolmex was Polish?

http://igor.chudov.com/manuals/toolm...w-brochure.pdf

Toolmex is an importer, not a manufacturer. But I believe most of what
they handle is eastern European. I'm currently working on tooling for
a Toolmex lathe that a customer has on order. Pretty sure this is it:
http://www.toolmex.com/cb-Machines/tur630amn.aspx

Maybe even made in Belarus, I know that they have a strong machine
building factory there.

I am surprised, though, that the above model only weight 13,000 lbs.

Yeah, I noticed that, too.

--
Ned Simmons

Lathe for sale cm Woodturning 1 November 27th 06 12:04 AM
lathe for sale Fred Warshofsky Woodturning 0 March 24th 06 10:31 PM
Lathe for sale Fred Warshofsky Woodturning 0 October 27th 05 10:58 PM
Lathe for sale Fred Warshofsky Woodturning 0 October 22nd 05 12:24 AM
Lathe for sale Tony Manella Woodturning 0 July 20th 05 02:46 PM