Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default identify old machine tool

Can anyone help me identify this machine? Many missing parts but should be
enough for someone in the know to identify. If anyone has a picture of a
complete example it would be much appreciated.

Thank You

--
posted from
http://www.polytechforum.com/metalwo...ol-613799-.htm

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Tue, 05 May 2015 21:18:01 +0000, Ozzie
wrote:

Can anyone help me identify this machine? Many missing parts but should be
enough for someone in the know to identify. If anyone has a picture of a
complete example it would be much appreciated.

Thank You

You'll have to fix your links first.

--
Try not to become a man of success but
rather try to become a man of value.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Rex Rex is offline

Links work fine
Don't know what it is
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

Can anyone help me identify this machine? Many missing parts but should be
enough for someone in the know to identify. If anyone has a picture of a
complete example it would be much appreciated.

Thank You

Could it be a tool and cutter grinder missing the headstock / grinder?
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

Can anyone help me identify this machine? Many
missing parts but should be
enough for someone in the know to identify. If
anyone has a picture of a
complete example it would be much appreciated.

Thank You

http://www.polytechforum.com/img/4e
http://www.polytechforum.com/img/4f
http://www.polytechforum.com/img/4g

You'll have to fix your links first.

I trimmed the IMGs in brackets to make them work.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Wed, 6 May 2015 09:55:22 -0400
"Phil Kangas" wrote:

.. .

wrote:

Can anyone help me identify this machine? Many
missing parts but should be
enough for someone in the know to identify. If
anyone has a picture of a
complete example it would be much appreciated.

Thank You

http://www.polytechforum.com/img/4e
http://www.polytechforum.com/img/4f
http://www.polytechforum.com/img/4g

You'll have to fix your links first.

I trimmed the IMGs in brackets to make them work.

I think it has something to do with the site/source. Like they need a
moderators approval first. I couldn't load them yesterday shortly after
this message was posted but they work fine today. There was another
post a few days ago with images at the same source (polytechforum) and
they didn't work right away either...

--
Leon Fisk
Grand Rapids MI/Zone 5b

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Wed, 6 May 2015 09:55:22 -0400, "Phil Kangas"
wrote:

.. .

wrote:

Can anyone help me identify this machine? Many
missing parts but should be
enough for someone in the know to identify. If
anyone has a picture of a
complete example it would be much appreciated.

Thank You

http://www.polytechforum.com/img/4e
http://www.polytechforum.com/img/4f
http://www.polytechforum.com/img/4g

You'll have to fix your links first.

I trimmed the IMGs in brackets to make them work.

I snipped the URL from them and they still didn't work yesterday, so
maybe Poly did something, too. I can see your links.

--
Try not to become a man of success but
rather try to become a man of value.
--Albert Einstein

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

That looks like a center post for a saddle on a lathe.
The Tool post fits over it as other options.

Martin

On 5/6/2015 6:59 PM, Larry Jaques wrote:
On Wed, 6 May 2015 09:55:22 -0400, "Phil Kangas"
wrote:

wrote:

Can anyone help me identify this machine? Many
missing parts but should be
enough for someone in the know to identify. If
anyone has a picture of a
complete example it would be much appreciated.

Thank You

http://www.polytechforum.com/img/4e
http://www.polytechforum.com/img/4f
http://www.polytechforum.com/img/4g

You'll have to fix your links first.

I trimmed the IMGs in brackets to make them work.

I snipped the URL from them and they still didn't work yesterday, so
maybe Poly did something, too. I can see your links.

--
Try not to become a man of success but
rather try to become a man of value.
--Albert Einstein

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Wed, 6 May 2015 10:11:30 -0400, Leon Fisk
wrote:

On Wed, 6 May 2015 09:55:22 -0400
"Phil Kangas" wrote:

. ..

wrote:

Can anyone help me identify this machine? Many
missing parts but should be
enough for someone in the know to identify. If
anyone has a picture of a
complete example it would be much appreciated.

Thank You

http://www.polytechforum.com/img/4e
http://www.polytechforum.com/img/4f
http://www.polytechforum.com/img/4g

You'll have to fix your links first.

I trimmed the IMGs in brackets to make them work.

I think it has something to do with the site/source. Like they need a
moderators approval first. I couldn't load them yesterday shortly after
this message was posted but they work fine today. There was another
post a few days ago with images at the same source (polytechforum) and
they didn't work right away either...

The machine is used to cut radius on something. Far far too many parts
are missing to be able to assertain what it was.

---