Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Florida resident discovers new way to get Angelina Jolie lips

There are reasons not to move south. Here are two of them:

Cottonmouths don't appreciate affection:

http://www.outdoorhub.com/news/2015/...italized-bite/

Bullets ricochet off of armadillos:

http://www.outdoorhub.com/news/2015/...ts-mother-law/

--
Ed Huntress
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Ed Huntress" wrote in message
There are reasons not to move south. Here are two of them:

Cottonmouths don't appreciate affection:

http://www.outdoorhub.com/news/2015/...italized-bite/

Bullets ricochet off of armadillos:

http://www.outdoorhub.com/news/2015/...ts-mother-law/

--
Ed Huntress

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jersey_Devil

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sun, 26 Apr 2015 12:33:12 -0400, "Jim Wilkins"
wrote:

"Ed Huntress" wrote in message
.. .
There are reasons not to move south. Here are two of them:

Cottonmouths don't appreciate affection:

http://www.outdoorhub.com/news/2015/...italized-bite/

Bullets ricochet off of armadillos:

http://www.outdoorhub.com/news/2015/...ts-mother-law/

--
Ed Huntress

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jersey_Devil

We're still after him. But it's dangerous down there in the Pines --
the woods are overrun with barefoot Republicans playing banjos...

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/09/08/us/08land.html

--
Ed Huntress
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sunday, April 26, 2015 at 12:33:08 PM UTC-4, Jim Wilkins wrote:
"Ed Huntress" wrote in message
There are reasons not to move south. Here are two of them:

Cottonmouths don't appreciate affection:

http://www.outdoorhub.com/news/2015/...italized-bite/

Bullets ricochet off of armadillos:

http://www.outdoorhub.com/news/2015/...ts-mother-law/

--
Ed Huntress

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jersey_Devil

Way more frightening is the State Assemblyman who, in 2005, wanted to change the name of the New Jersey Devils hockey team because:

"I've always cringed when people say they're going to see the Devils," said Stanley, a deacon at Newark's Bethlehem Missionary Baptist Church. "The merchandise, the paraphernalia is based on the actual demonic devil. Personally, it causes a little bit of an issue with me."

http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/sport...e-change_x.htm

Yes, there really are people who are that stupid.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sun, 26 Apr 2015 10:26:42 -0700 (PDT), rangerssuck
wrote:

[...]

They live mostly in south Jersey. Note the areas marked
"Pineys...Pineys everywhere," and "Ghetto in the Woods":

http://www.grayflannelsuit.net/blog/...ew-jersey-ever

--
Ed Huntress

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

"Ed Huntress" wrote in message
. ..
There are reasons not to move south. Here are two of them:

Cottonmouths don't appreciate affection:

http://www.outdoorhub.com/news/2015/...italized-bite/

Bullets ricochet off of armadillos:

http://www.outdoorhub.com/news/2015/...ts-mother-law/

--
Ed Huntress

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jersey_Devil

We're still after him. But it's dangerous down there in the Pines --
the woods are overrun with barefoot Republicans playing banjos...

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/09/08/us/08land.html

--
Ed Huntress

When I was there it was overrun with disgruntled draftees carrying
assault rifles.
-jsw

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

[...]

Yeah but this map shows that I live in "Christie Country," so it's somewhat flawed.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

[...]

Well, it's probably a bit out of date, and it's too broad-brush, but
it's really pretty good overall. I live where it says "Indians," which
is quite true. And I was born in "Pretty Much Alabama," which also is
accurate.

"McMansions" is where Bruce Springsteen lives -- true. "Springsteen
Country" is where he hung out, not where he lives. "Italian Guys in
Wife Beaters" is skewed too far down Island Beach, but it does cover
where they film "Jersey Shore."

"Canadians and Philly Trash" used to be true, but it's gentrified
these days, like Hoboken.

--
Ed Huntress
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 4/27/2015 8:07 AM, Ed Huntress wrote:

http://www.grayflannelsuit.net/blog/...ew-jersey-ever

--
Ed Huntress

Yeah but this map shows that I live in "Christie Country," so it's somewhat flawed.

Well, it's probably a bit out of date, and it's too broad-brush, but
it's really pretty good overall. I live where it says "Indians," which
is quite true. And I was born in "Pretty Much Alabama," which also is
accurate.

"McMansions" is where Bruce Springsteen lives -- true. "Springsteen
Country" is where he hung out, not where he lives. "Italian Guys in
Wife Beaters" is skewed too far down Island Beach, but it does cover
where they film "Jersey Shore."

"Canadians and Philly Trash" used to be true, but it's gentrified
these days, like Hoboken.

I can't find a section on that map marked "Gun owner friendly".

David

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Mon, 27 Apr 2015 09:28:52 -0500, "David R. Birch"
wrote:

[...]

"Pretty Much Alabama" in the southwest, and "Rednecks" in the
northwest are gun-tolerant. And there are lots of guns in the Pines,
although they aren't necessarily friendly toward anyone. There are
still pockets in there that look like a scene from "Deliverance."

--
Ed Huntress

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

[...]

I see a lot of distance between "gun-tolerant" and "Gun owner friendly".
Must be at least the distance between Wisconsin and New Jersey. This
reminds me why I avoid the state when I have to go East.

David

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

[...]

And where are you going that you have to avoid NJ going east, David?
The Atlantic Ocean, or gun-friendly New York City? d8-)

--
Ed Huntress
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

[...]

Nowhere anymore, my friend in Boston moved to Spokane.

David

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

[...]

Well, you shouldn't have gone through NJ from WI to get to Boston in
any case. That would be pretty stupid -- you then have to go through
NYC or Westchester, when you had a much better and faster route across
I-80 to I-81 and I-84, north of NJ.

--
Ed Huntress
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

[...]

As I've made very clear, David R. Bitch is stupid. He's no machinist and he can't use modern CAD like SolidWorks.

slow eddy and David R. Bitch are made for each other.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 4/27/2015 12:26 PM, Ed Huntress wrote:

And where are you going that you have to avoid NJ going east, David?
The Atlantic Ocean, or gun-friendly New York City? d8-)

Nowhere anymore, my friend in Boston moved to Spokane.

David

Well, you shouldn't have gone through NJ from WI to get to Boston in
any case. That would be pretty stupid -- you then have to go through
NYC or Westchester, when you had a much better and faster route across
I-80 to I-81 and I-84, north of NJ.

The specific occasion I was thinking about was so long ago that I was
hitchhiking. When you hitch, you go where the ride takes you. I got out
before NJ, went north through Pennsylvania, ended up in Albany where I
went south to Poughkeepsie, west through Springfield to BossTown.

I seldom ended up with a direct route, although I once went from Daytona
Beach to Milwaukee in one ride.

I was doing a lot of low profile traveling at the time.

David

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Mon, 27 Apr 2015 13:14:36 -0500, "David R. Birch"
wrote:

[...]

Up to Albany, and then back down again to "Keepsie"? Jesus. Somebody
should have given you a map. g

--
Ed Huntress
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

[...]

Why? David R. Bitch is so stupid I doubt he could read it.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

[...]

I had several. As I said, when you hitch, you go where the ride takes
you. If you're going east and the traffic at the interchange is going
north, you go north to where you find traffic headed east.

It can be a leisurely mode of transportation. I got a ride from Albany
to "Keepsie" with a nuclear engineer. We talked about the Chicago Fermi
pile, SCRAM and Karen Silkwood.

David