Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default I'm back

Test post

Don't know if anybodsy noticed, been dark on newsgroups quite a while
now.

Karl
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Karl Townsend wrote:
Test post

Don't know if anybodsy noticed, been dark on newsgroups quite a while
now.

Karl

Useta be an apple farmer by that name here , is you him ? Welcome back .

--
Snag

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Fri, 24 Apr 2015 11:48:50 -0500
"Terry Coombs" wrote:

Karl Townsend wrote:
Test post

Don't know if anybodsy noticed, been dark on newsgroups quite a while
now.

Karl

Useta be an apple farmer by that name here , is you him ? Welcome back .

I figured he was too busy fishing down at his southern mansion to be
messing around with usenet stuff ;-)

Good to hear from you again Karl.

--
Leon Fisk
Grand Rapids MI/Zone 5b

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Terry Coombs" wrote:

Karl Townsend wrote:
Test post

Don't know if anybodsy noticed, been dark on newsgroups quite a while
now.

Karl

Useta be an apple farmer by that name here , is you him ? Welcome back .

I figured he was too busy fishing down at his southern mansion to be
messing around with usenet stuff ;-)

Good to hear from you again Karl.

Yep, went fishing for ten weeks - no usenet. Shartly after i got home,
the old 'puter died. Took me a couple months to get eveything running.

I spent the day making yokes to hold electric fence insulators. Came
up with a neat way to make deep "U" bends on the finger brake. Had the
fingers hold a plate, machined a pocket in the plate to hold the metal
trip, then bent into an area between fingers. The holes even lined up
when done! Got six made today. will do a run of 30 tommorrow

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Fri, 24 Apr 2015 09:14:49 -0500, Karl Townsend
wrote:

Test post

Don't know if anybodsy noticed, been dark on newsgroups quite a while
now.

I _thought_ I smelled apples the other day...

Welcome back, Karl.

--
"I believe there are more instances of the abridgment of the freedom
of the people by gradual and silent encroachments of those in power
--James Madison, Virginia Convention, June 16, 1788

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Hey Karl!
Good to see ya back.

"Terry Coombs" wrote:

Karl Townsend wrote:
[...]

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

Test post

Don't know if anybodsy noticed, been dark on newsgroups quite a while
now.

Karl

We noticed. How was the fishing?

--
Ed Huntress
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

We noticed. How was the fishing?

Got out about 40 times. Like always, good days and bad ones. All in
all the year was a bit slower than most. Milady most deffinitely
kicked my butt for largest fish. Think she had #1, #2, #3, then I got
the 4rth, and she had all the rest in the top ten. Not many men are
blessed to have such a great fisherlady.

Put on some of your Lasso yesterday. the strawberries, and I, thank
you.

Karl

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

Test post

Don't know if anybodsy noticed, been dark on newsgroups quite a while
now.

Karl

We noticed. How was the fishing?

What's this fishing thing about anyway?.. it seems to be going
around..

--Spehro Pefhany

Best regards,
Spehro Pefhany
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

Test post

Don't know if anybodsy noticed, been dark on newsgroups quite a while
now.

Karl

We noticed. How was the fishing?

What's this fishing thing about anyway?.. it seems to be going
around..

--Spehro Pefhany

As I understand it, it's sort of like hunting, except it seems you can
fish without bringing home what you caught.

I've fished. I've eaten what I caught.

If I had to catch and release deer...

David

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

Test post

Don't know if anybodsy noticed, been dark on newsgroups quite a while
now.

Karl

We noticed. How was the fishing?

What's this fishing thing about anyway?.. it seems to be going
around..

--Spehro Pefhany

Well, yeah, sometimes they go around...other times, they jump up and
down. I guess you either love it or you don't. If "March Brown" or
"Dark Cahill" mean anything to you, you know where I stand on it.

Speaking of fish, one of our advertisers recently dared me to write an
editorial about fish, so I did. This is a sneak preview; the issue
goes live on Monday:

"Fabricated Fish Facts"

http://www.nxtbook.com/nxtbooks/fabs...5/index.php#/3

--
Ed Huntress
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Fri, 24 Apr 2015 20:50:53 -0500, Karl Townsend
wrote:

We noticed. How was the fishing?

Got out about 40 times. Like always, good days and bad ones.

That's 40 days that beat the heck out of working.

All in
all the year was a bit slower than most. Milady most deffinitely
kicked my butt for largest fish. Think she had #1, #2, #3, then I got
the 4rth, and she had all the rest in the top ten. Not many men are
blessed to have such a great fisherlady.

Put on some of your Lasso yesterday. the strawberries, and I, thank
you.

Aha, so you still have some. Are you set for the year, or are you
going to have to scour the country for more?

'Glad to help, Karl. It was an interesting bit of research.

--
Ed Huntress
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sat, 25 Apr 2015 09:31:37 -0400, Ed Huntress
wrote:

Speaking of fish, one of our advertisers recently dared me to write an
editorial about fish, so I did. This is a sneak preview; the issue
goes live on Monday:

"Fabricated Fish Facts"

http://www.nxtbook.com/nxtbooks/fabs...5/index.php#/3

Nicely done Ed. . . . . Don't know if I should laugh or cry grin

Bob
rgentryatozdotnet
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Put on some of your Lasso yesterday. the strawberries, and I, thank
you.

Aha, so you still have some. Are you set for the year, or are you
going to have to scour the country for more?

'Glad to help, Karl. It was an interesting bit of research.

I got enough to last till I retire. or, only a couple years worth

Farm work is starting to get in the way of fishing.

Karl

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

Speaking of fish, one of our advertisers recently dared me to write an
editorial about fish, so I did. This is a sneak preview; the issue
goes live on Monday:

"Fabricated Fish Facts"

http://www.nxtbook.com/nxtbooks/fabs...5/index.php#/3

Nicely done Ed. . . . . Don't know if I should laugh or cry grin

Bob
rgentryatozdotnet

Thanks, Bob. I wrote it so you can do either, depending on how you
feel about bandsawed fish logs and square fillets. d8-)

--
Ed Huntress

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Ed Huntress fired this volley in
:

wrote:

Speaking of fish, one of our advertisers recently dared me to write an
editorial about fish, so I did. This is a sneak preview; the issue
goes live on Monday:

"Fabricated Fish Facts"

http://www.nxtbook.com/nxtbooks/fabs...5/index.php#/3

That was pretty neat, Ed. You had several good turns of phrases in
there, too!

LLoyd
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

Speaking of fish, one of our advertisers recently dared me to write an
editorial about fish, so I did. This is a sneak preview; the issue
goes live on Monday:

"Fabricated Fish Facts"

http://www.nxtbook.com/nxtbooks/fabs...5/index.php#/3

That was pretty neat, Ed. You had several good turns of phrases in
there, too!

LLoyd

Thanks, Lloyd. I kind of stuck my foot in my mouth there -- my
publisher and the advertiser friend were being very complimentary, so,
after drinking a whole bottle of wine by myself, and they said I
probably could get away with writing an editorial about fish, I said,
"sure, why not?"

The next morning, it was "omigod, what have I done now?" g

--
Ed Huntress
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

happy to see you back

On 2015-04-24, Karl Townsend wrote:
Test post

Don't know if anybodsy noticed, been dark on newsgroups quite a while
now.

Karl

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sat, 25 Apr 2015 19:48:09 -0500, Ignoramus18173

happy to see you back

On 2015-04-24, Karl Townsend wrote:
Test post

Don't know if anybodsy noticed, been dark on newsgroups quite a while
now.

Karl

Welcome back you old fart!!! Hope the fishing was good for you!!

Gunner

---

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

Speaking of fish, one of our advertisers recently dared me to write an
editorial about fish, so I did. This is a sneak preview; the issue
goes live on Monday:

"Fabricated Fish Facts"

http://www.nxtbook.com/nxtbooks/fabs...5/index.php#/3

Nicely done Ed. . . . . Don't know if I should laugh or cry grin

Bob
rgentryatozdotnet

Thanks, Bob. I wrote it so you can do either, depending on how you
feel about bandsawed fish logs and square fillets. d8-)

In a world where we havi cubic tomatoes and watermelons, why not?
---

Gerry :-)}
London,Canada

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sat, 25 Apr 2015 15:32:31 -0400, Ed Huntress
wrote:

On Sat, 25 Apr 2015 13:55:49 -0500, "Lloyd E. Sponenburgh"
lloydspinsidemindspring.com wrote:

Ed Huntress fired this volley in
m:

wrote:

Speaking of fish, one of our advertisers recently dared me to write an
editorial about fish, so I did. This is a sneak preview; the issue
goes live on Monday:

"Fabricated Fish Facts"

http://www.nxtbook.com/nxtbooks/fabs...5/index.php#/3

That was pretty neat, Ed. You had several good turns of phrases in
there, too!

LLoyd

Thanks, Lloyd. I kind of stuck my foot in my mouth there -- my
publisher and the advertiser friend were being very complimentary, so,
after drinking a whole bottle of wine by myself, and they said I
probably could get away with writing an editorial about fish, I said,
"sure, why not?"

The next morning, it was "omigod, what have I done now?" g

WHY NOT?
---

Gerry :-)}
London,Canada
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

[...]

Yeah, well, that's what I thought about it. I wanted a tie-in to
fabricating of some kind, and thought "hey, I'll bet those McD's
Filet-o-Fish are injection-molded!" 'Turns out they're
compression-molded, which was close enough. g

--
Ed Huntress
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Fri, 24 Apr 2015 09:14:49 -0500, Karl Townsend wrote:

Test post

Don't know if anybodsy noticed, been dark on newsgroups quite a while
now.

Welcome back Karl. I may think of you while I'm monitoring the health of
#2 son's science experiment from about four years ago -- two apple trees
from Pink Lady seeds we found sprouting inside the apples.

We have done our best to have Low Expectations ("if they live, if they
grow, if they bear -- then we'll see what we have"). We also managed to
kill one of the three seedlings from neglect, and almost kill another.

And I really, really need to get some real trees planted out back.

--

Tim Wescott
Wescott Design Services