DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Everlast Targets Miller With Its Pulse TIG PowerARC 280 STH (https://www.diybanter.com/metalworking/377270-re-everlast-targets-miller-its-pulse-tig-powerarc-280-sth.html)

jon_banquer[_2_] December 29th 14 07:40 PM

Everlast Targets Miller With Its Pulse TIG PowerARC 280 STH

On Saturday, December 27, 2014 2:35:34 PM UTC-8, jon_banquer wrote:
Every year the Chinese make excellent progress with their inverter welders. This year was no exception.

This unit is designed to compete with the Miller CST 280:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lHIlu_mkaT8

I see a 35% duty cycle for the Everlast PowerARC as a serious problem for industrial users. Here are Miller's specs:

3 ph: 280A @ 31.2V, 35% duty cycle
3 ph: 200A @ 28V, 100% duty cycle
1 ph: 200A @ 28V, 50% duty cycle
1 ph: 150A @ 26V, 100% duty cycle

The Miller CST 280 sells for well over $1,000 more than the Everlast PowerARC 280 STH.

I think it's only a matter of time before the Chinese inverters equal the duty cycle of Miller, Lincoln, etc. My guess is this happens in the next year or two.

Metalworking first.