DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Comparing Parametric Sketching Performance of Popular CAD Applications (https://www.diybanter.com/metalworking/376181-comparing-parametric-sketching-performance-popular-cad-applications.html)

jon_banquer[_2_] November 24th 14 11:17 PM

Comparing Parametric Sketching Performance of Popular CAD Applications

You won't find this kind of discussion in slow eddy pay for play advertising based publications.

You will find it on my LinkedIn group.

[email protected] November 25th 14 03:42 AM

On Monday, November 24, 2014 5:17:57 PM UTC-6, jon_banquer wrote:
You won't find this kind of discussion in slow eddy pay for play advertising based publications.

You will find it on my LinkedIn group.

Not sure what you meant by the above comment, but-----

I recently downloaded a free OpenScad and tried a few examples. But examples are just that. Too hard for me to get interested in.

I have a friend who is a programmer and he sorta likes that approach, but, to me, it's just like learning any other programming language. You have to be real good a rote memorization. Not to say that you don't have to do this with other CAD programs, but with them you simply have to remember where the d%^$ menu item is.
This guy likes that approach because he is very interested in 3D printing and a guy in our Arduino group just got a ROBO3D and has offered to let in circulate around the group. He finds lots of projects on thingiverse that he might want to recreate. And some of those projects do have parametic code attached. This way, my friend finds it easy to adjust the part to his needs.

---I hope that's what you are asking about.

Pete Stanaitis
--------------

jon_banquer[_2_] November 25th 14 07:22 AM

On Monday, November 24, 2014 7:42:38 PM UTC-8, wrote:
[...]

This is what I'm talking about:

http://lnkd.in/b4J4Hta

Terry Coombs[_2_] November 25th 14 01:39 PM

wrote:
On Monday, November 24, 2014 5:17:57 PM UTC-6, jon_banquer wrote:
You won't find this kind of discussion in slow eddy pay for play
advertising based publications.

You will find it on my LinkedIn group.

Not sure what you meant by the above comment, but-----

--------------

He's still trying to prove to himself that he's more than a worthless
piece of dog scat that needs to be kicked into the gutter .
A better question for jonnyboi would be "What have you actually machined
lately - with or without CNC machines . He won't reply , because the answer
is "nothing" .
I currently have 5 small containers machined from 6061 round bar
drops/scrap on display at a local jeweler/engraver's shop . Dandy little
units a little smaller than a dip tin . I'll never get rich makin' 'em , but
it's beer money ...
--
Snag

jon_banquer[_2_] November 25th 14 06:53 PM

Comparing Parametric Sketching Performance of Popular CAD Applications

On Tuesday, November 25, 2014 5:45:11 AM UTC-8, Terry Coombs showed he's far too stupid to be involved in any thread that has anything to do with CADCAM:

Coombs, get back on your knees and do what you do best:

Blow Mark Wieber.

Lloyd E. Sponenburgh[_3_] November 26th 14 12:13 AM

Comparing Parametric Sketching Performance of Popular CAD Applications

"Terry Coombs" fired this volley in
:

wrote:
On Monday, November 24, 2014 5:17:57 PM UTC-6, jon_banquer wrote:
You won't find this kind of discussion in slow eddy pay for play
advertising based publications.

You will find it on my LinkedIn group.

Not sure what you meant by the above comment, but-----

--------------

He's still trying to prove to himself that he's more than a
worthless
piece of dog scat that needs to be kicked into the gutter .

Why do you even respond to that POS's posts? The only time I ever see
the name now is when someone replies to him. Since yours is the first
I've seen in most of a month, I assume almost everyone else has plonked
him, also.

Lloyd

jon_banquer[_2_] November 26th 14 12:33 AM

wrote:
On Monday, November 24, 2014 5:17:57 PM UTC-6, jon_banquer wrote:
You won't find this kind of discussion in slow eddy pay for play
advertising based publications.

You will find it on my LinkedIn group.

Not sure what you meant by the above comment, but-----

--------------

He's still trying to prove to himself that he's more than a
worthless
piece of dog scat that needs to be kicked into the gutter .

Why do you even respond to that POS's posts? The only time I ever see
the name now is when someone replies to him. Since yours is the first
I've seen in most of a month, I assume almost everyone else has plonked
him, also.

Lloyd

He can't help it. Neither can you.

How does it feel to know that neither of you two losers can silence me? There are still a few people who refuse to get on their knees and blow Mark Wieber like you two losers do.

You're my bitch, Loud. Never, ever forget that.

jon_banquer[_2_] November 26th 14 12:34 AM

On Monday, November 24, 2014 3:17:57 PM UTC-8, jon_banquer wrote:
You won't find this kind of discussion in slow eddy pay for play advertising based publications.

You will find it on my LinkedIn group.

Now at 10 views. :)

Terry Coombs[_2_] November 26th 14 01:07 AM

wrote:
On Monday, November 24, 2014 5:17:57 PM UTC-6, jon_banquer wrote:
You won't find this kind of discussion in slow eddy pay for play
advertising based publications.

You will find it on my LinkedIn group.

Not sure what you meant by the above comment, but-----

--------------

He's still trying to prove to himself that he's more than a
worthless
piece of dog scat that needs to be kicked into the gutter .

Why do you even respond to that POS's posts? The only time I ever see
the name now is when someone replies to him. Since yours is the first
I've seen in most of a month, I assume almost everyone else has
plonked him, also.

Lloyd

Actually I was responding to spaco's post ... or were you also responding to
him ?

--
Snag

Lloyd E. Sponenburgh[_3_] November 26th 14 02:04 AM

Comparing Parametric Sketching Performance of Popular CAD Applications

"Terry Coombs" fired this volley in
:

Actually I was responding to spaco's post ... or were you also
responding to him ?

Nope, just to you. I missed the attribution; should have jumped on Spaco
instead.

This sig is a much more pleasant place, not having to see his inane and
insane posts.

Lloyd

jon_banquer[_2_] November 26th 14 02:45 AM

wrote:
[...]

How soon before Coombs lies again and I suddenly pop out of his kill file? It's already happened at least a half dozen times.

jon_banquer[_2_] November 26th 14 02:48 AM

On Tuesday, November 25, 2014 6:04:50 PM UTC-8, Lloyd E. Sponenburgh wrote:
"Terry Coombs" fired this volley in
:

Actually I was responding to spaco's post ... or were you also
responding to him ?

Nope, just to you. I missed the attribution; should have jumped on Spaco
instead.

This sig is a much more pleasant place, not having to see his inane and
insane posts.

Lloyd

What Loud means is it's much more pleasant that he doesn't have to deal with me handing him his ass over and over with facts, right Loud? :)