DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   ping: Iggy (https://www.diybanter.com/metalworking/375417-ping-iggy.html)

Bill[_14_] October 30th 14 03:56 AM

ping: Iggy

A couple weeks ago, you asked how much it cost for me to have a lathe
picked up from the UPS freight center near me & delivered to my
residence.

The lathe and stand were all bundled on one pallet that weighed 1256lbs.

The total bill came to $244. The original quote they gave me was for
$215 + plus a fee per pallet and fuel surcharge. The original estimate
was for between $275 and $320. The one-way distance from the UPS
terminal to my place is 31 miles.

Bill
--
Email address is a Spam trap.

Ignoramus28704 October 30th 14 01:02 PM

ping: Iggy

On 2014-10-30, Bill wrote:
A couple weeks ago, you asked how much it cost for me to have a lathe
picked up from the UPS freight center near me & delivered to my
residence.

The lathe and stand were all bundled on one pallet that weighed 1256lbs.

The total bill came to $244. The original quote they gave me was for
$215 + plus a fee per pallet and fuel surcharge. The original estimate
was for between $275 and $320. The one-way distance from the UPS
terminal to my place is 31 miles.

Bill

Bill, this was a great deal. As a machine mover, I would not even get
my ass off the chair for that kind of money.

Bill[_14_] October 30th 14 01:57 PM

ping: Iggy

On Thu, 30 Oct 2014 08:02:58 -0500, Ignoramus28704 wrote:

Bill, this was a great deal. As a machine mover, I would not even get
my ass off the chair for that kind of money.

I hear you. I sure felt it was a great deal.

Bill