Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Do I have any hope of selling those huge CNC machines

On 10/23/2014 12:24 PM, Larry Jaques wrote:

No. I started to download it a year or two ago when I saw the size of
the download, I stopped it and forgot about Calibre. 355MB for an
ebook reader? Give me a break!

I don't do HULU (due to commercials) either.

It converts from different e-book formats to other formats, not just a
reader.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

pyotr filipivich wrote:

"Michael A. Terrell" on Thu, 23 Oct 2014
11:29:43 -0400 typed in rec.crafts.metalworking the following:

Tom Gardner wrote:

Michael A. Terrell wrote:

I once told an idiot who "demanded my respect" that "Respect is
earned. Daily." He screamed, "I should fire you!" I had to remind
him that he not only didn't work there, he didn't own the business.

The left believes there is no such thing as "evil".

Or being convinced that they are stupid.

Their lack of belief in the existence of Evil, is a result and
proof of their stupidity.

That, and the popularity of 'I'm with stupid' shirts.

The left is NOT stupid...they are directed Evil.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Jim Wilkins wrote:

"Michael A. Terrell" wrote in message

That, and the popularity of 'I'm with stupid' shirts.

"Glee" had the girl's arrow pointing up and the boy's pointing down.

I don't watch that show. There was something similar on the Drew
Carey Show, years ago. His redneck neighbor 'Peaches' is fired from a
custom tee shirt business for printing them with the arrow pointing up.
Drew tells her, "It's supposed to point to the side." She replied,
"That could be funny too."

have a DD214, and a honorable discharge.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Tom Gardner wrote:

Michael A. Terrell wrote:

I once told an idiot who "demanded my respect" that "Respect is
earned. Daily." He screamed, "I should fire you!" I had to remind
him that he not only didn't work there, he didn't own the business.

The left believes there is no such thing as "evil".

Or being convinced that they are stupid.

Their lack of belief in the existence of Evil, is a result and
proof of their stupidity.

That, and the popularity of 'I'm with stupid' shirts.

The left is NOT stupid...they are directed Evil.

Obaminions?

have a DD214, and a honorable discharge.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sat, 25 Oct 2014 09:44:30 -0400, Tom Gardner
wrote:

On 10/23/2014 12:24 PM, Larry Jaques wrote:

No. I started to download it a year or two ago when I saw the size of
the download, I stopped it and forgot about Calibre. 355MB for an
ebook reader? Give me a break!

I don't do HULU (due to commercials) either.

It converts from different e-book formats to other formats, not just a
reader.

I know, but THREE HUNDRED FIFTY FIVE MEGABYTES? Really? sigh

--
A mind, like a home, is furnished by its owner, so if
one's life is cold and bare he can blame none but himself.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Thu, 23 Oct 2014 09:24:03 -0700, Larry Jaques
wrote:

On Thu, 23 Oct 2014 05:03:33 -0400, Tom Gardner
wrote:

On 10/22/2014 8:48 PM, Larry Jaques wrote:

Kindle Unlimited, which I mentioned in the previous post.

Ever use "Calibre"?
http://calibre-ebook.com/

No. I started to download it a year or two ago when I saw the size of
the download, I stopped it and forgot about Calibre. 355MB for an
ebook reader? Give me a break!

I don't do HULU (due to commercials) either.

Id STRONGLY recommend downloading Calibre before you open that disk
drive.

And its not 355 MB its only about 50 or so.

Gunner

PJ O'Rourke
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

On 10/22/2014 8:48 PM, Larry Jaques wrote:

Kindle Unlimited, which I mentioned in the previous post.

Ever use "Calibre"?
http://calibre-ebook.com/

No. I started to download it a year or two ago when I saw the size of
the download, I stopped it and forgot about Calibre. 355MB for an
ebook reader? Give me a break!

I don't do HULU (due to commercials) either.

Id STRONGLY recommend downloading Calibre before you open that disk
drive.

Hmm, maybe I will.

And its not 355 MB its only about 50 or so.

Doublechecking...yeah, 59.3MB. OK, giving it a whirl.

I think it was Cnet who had the gigantic package, but I took one look
and cancelled it.

--
A mind, like a home, is furnished by its owner, so if
one's life is cold and bare he can blame none but himself.
-- Louis L'Amour
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

On 10/23/2014 12:24 PM, Larry Jaques wrote:

No. I started to download it a year or two ago when I saw the size of
the download, I stopped it and forgot about Calibre. 355MB for an
ebook reader? Give me a break!

I don't do HULU (due to commercials) either.

It converts from different e-book formats to other formats, not just a
reader.

I know, but THREE HUNDRED FIFTY FIVE MEGABYTES? Really? sigh

Are you sure? I recently downloaded Calibre (for Linux) and
downloading and installing took 3 minutes (233 kbs) and after reading
your above I downloaded a version for windows - 62.2 MB (62214144
bytes).

Caliber isn't touted as a simple e-book reader, it is primarily a
library manager and a e-book converter from one format to another.
--
Cheers,

John B.