Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default You boys seen this Wilton vise yet?

I got the opportunity to handle one of the prototypes some time back

http://www.coptool.com/wilton-atv-tr...ch-vise-10010/

Works nicely.

Id NOT be slamming on em with a big sledge hammer..but for normal
field work..or on the bench....pretty damned good

Gunner

--
"Living in the United States now is like being a Tampon.
We're in a great place, just at a bad time."
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Gunner Asch" wrote in message
I got the opportunity to handle one of the prototypes some time back

http://www.coptool.com/wilton-atv-tr...ch-vise-10010/

Works nicely.

Id NOT be slamming on em with a big sledge hammer..but for normal
field work..or on the bench....pretty damned good

Gunner

For the price of a Wilton Vise I'ld hesitate to accidentally nudge one with
a tack hammer. LOL.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Friday, July 18, 2014 10:52:03 AM UTC-7, Gunner Asch wrote:
I got the opportunity to handle one of the prototypes some time back

http://www.coptool.com/wilton-atv-tr...ch-vise-10010/

Works nicely.

Id NOT be slamming on em with a big sledge hammer..but for normal

field work..or on the bench....pretty damned good

Gunner

--

"Living in the United States now is like being a Tampon.

We're in a great place, just at a bad time."

Waste of money and Wilton vices suck.

Now here is a nice vice:

http://www.amazon.com/Ridgid-66997-6.../dp/B001T9J68I
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Fri, 18 Jul 2014 10:52:03 -0700, Gunner Asch
wrote:

I got the opportunity to handle one of the prototypes some time back

http://www.coptool.com/wilton-atv-tr...ch-vise-10010/

Works nicely.

Id NOT be slamming on em with a big sledge hammer..but for normal
field work..or on the bench....pretty damned good

Gunner

It makes my back hurt, just looking at it. I don't bend down that far
anymore.

Karl

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

I got the opportunity to handle one of the prototypes some time back

http://www.coptool.com/wilton-atv-tr...ch-vise-10010/

Works nicely.

Id NOT be slamming on em with a big sledge hammer..but for normal
field work..or on the bench....pretty damned good

Gunner

It makes my back hurt, just looking at it. I don't bend down that
far
anymore.

Karl

I had a large vise on a hitch mount that I traded away because it was
so inconvenient. Now I cobble up a mount for an old blacksmith's leg
vise to work outdoors. It supports the work at a better height and can
be braced to hold bulky three-dimensional objects like a mower deck.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Fri, 18 Jul 2014 11:08:52 -0700, "Bob La Londe"
wrote:

"Gunner Asch" wrote in message
.. .
I got the opportunity to handle one of the prototypes some time back

http://www.coptool.com/wilton-atv-tr...ch-vise-10010/

Works nicely.

Id NOT be slamming on em with a big sledge hammer..but for normal
field work..or on the bench....pretty damned good

Gunner

For the price of a Wilton Vise I'ld hesitate to accidentally nudge one with
a tack hammer. LOL.

These are actually pretty good.

You can get them on Amazon for $160 or so.

Gunner

--
"Living in the United States now is like being a Tampon.
We're in a great place, just at a bad time."
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

I got the opportunity to handle one of the prototypes some time back

http://www.coptool.com/wilton-atv-tr...ch-vise-10010/

Works nicely.

Id NOT be slamming on em with a big sledge hammer..but for normal
field work..or on the bench....pretty damned good

Gunner

It makes my back hurt, just looking at it. I don't bend down that far
anymore.

Karl

So bolt the bench adapter to the inside of your tailgate. You can buy
seperate flat surface mounting brackets. It comes with one so you can
use it on your bench and then take it out to the truck and mount it.

--
"Living in the United States now is like being a Tampon.
We're in a great place, just at a bad time."
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

I got the opportunity to handle one of the prototypes some time back

http://www.coptool.com/wilton-atv-tr...ch-vise-10010/

Works nicely.

I'll bet. It looks like it'd be very handy in the field, too.

Id NOT be slamming on em with a big sledge hammer..but for normal
field work..or on the bench....pretty damned good

Sledge? I'd hope not. g A #1 ball peen or #3 drilling hammah
would be my 2nd/3rd most common tool with it, with a saw being the
most common.

I lost a nice ryoba a couple months ago after cutting a closet rod and
forgetting that it was sitting on the dropped tailgate.

--
Liberalism is the result of severe pathogens in our society.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 7/19/2014 3:52 AM, Gunner Asch wrote:
I got the opportunity to handle one of the prototypes some time back

http://www.coptool.com/wilton-atv-tr...ch-vise-10010/

Works nicely.

Nice setup, but I'd rather weld up something to mount one of these:
http://audel.com.au/dawn-60318-offset-fabricated-engineers-vice-100mm/

Jon

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sat, 19 Jul 2014 16:48:36 +1000, Jon Anderson
wrote:

On 7/19/2014 3:52 AM, Gunner Asch wrote:
I got the opportunity to handle one of the prototypes some time back

http://www.coptool.com/wilton-atv-tr...ch-vise-10010/

Works nicely.

Nice setup, but I'd rather weld up something to mount one of these:
http://audel.com.au/dawn-60318-offset-fabricated-engineers-vice-100mm/

Jon

Those ARE nice vises. Ive got a 6" Dawn out in the welding shop.
No..not one I weld on! Its far too nice for that

Gunner

--
"Living in the United States now is like being a Tampon.
We're in a great place, just at a bad time."

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 7/19/2014 6:29 PM, Gunner Asch wrote:

Those ARE nice vises. Ive got a 6" Dawn out in the welding shop.
No..not one I weld on! Its far too nice for that

I'd use the fabricated vise for portable work, but the Super Grade
ductile iron for shop. Except...

I've got a massive Starrett 6" bench vise with the pivoting back jaw,
forget the model number. It's in storage back there. Also have a 4"
Cardinal bench vise with the quick release screw. Never knew they made
one until I found this one at an estate sale. Didn't really need another
vise, but spotted the slot allowing the screw to lift off the half nut
and realized what it was. Asked price, $20, that was a no brainer! After
paying the guy, I commented on the unusual feature. He sighed, and said
he sold it cheap because he thought it was worn out.
Glad I didn't point out that feature until after it was paid for... G

Jon