Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Ignition coil question

My son asked me and I didn't know the answer so I thought I'd pose it
here. His bike has two ignition coils. The coils are not the same,
they are from different years of manufacture for different models of
motorcycle. The timing is not the same for each cylinder, but should
be the same. The coils have different resistance. My son was wondering
if the difference in timing could be because one coil takes longer to
build up enough voltage to cause the spark plug to spark. The coils
are connected to the same control box. So I'm wondering if the voltage
rise from two ignition coils could be that much different.
Eric

fa - very interesting, and very old ignition coil Bill Noble[_2_] Metalworking 0 September 27th 10 06:00 AM
whats the difference between an AC Ignition coil and a DC one? Gunner Asch[_4_] Metalworking 2 November 24th 08 10:21 PM
lawnboy m-series ignition coil gap [email protected] Home Repair 8 September 14th 05 04:51 PM
Ignition coil Backlash Metalworking 16 December 7th 04 03:40 AM
ECM firing ignition coil question Mark Leininger Electronics Repair 8 October 19th 04 04:34 PM