Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default RCM hits a new low

Begin Rant
Agent says it is downloading up to 107 messages to rcm. After
filtering there were only 9 messages. 9! 3 of them were then added to
the killfile. Please stop replying to all those kooks. It only
encourages them and oftentimes makes the person replying look bad
because they have replied so many times in the past AND IT NEVER DOES
ANY GOOD! The trolls just keep on posting. And all the replies do
nothing to help educate anybody. The original posters don't care what
you say and the original posts are so full of **** that nobody with
any sense pays them any credence so telling them how wrong they are
means nothing.
End Rant
Thanks,
Eric,
Getting back to cutting metal

---

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 03/26/2014 01:36 PM, wrote:
Begin Rant
[snip]
---

You know what's even worse than trolls are those idiots who spam the
name of their antivirus software in every message they post....

Jon

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Jon Danniken wrote:
On 03/26/2014 01:36 PM, wrote:
Begin Rant
[snip]
---
protection is active.

You know what's even worse than trolls are those idiots who spam the
name of their antivirus software in every message they post....

Jon

It can be turned off , but Avast! doesn't really want you to know that . I
use it and it's turned off on my comp .
--
Snag

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Wed, 26 Mar 2014 18:07:11 -0500, "Terry Coombs"
wrote:

Jon Danniken wrote:
On 03/26/2014 01:36 PM, wrote:
Begin Rant
[snip]
---
protection is active.

You know what's even worse than trolls are those idiots who spam the
name of their antivirus software in every message they post....

Jon

It can be turned off , but Avast! doesn't really want you to know that . I
use it and it's turned off on my comp .

How do you turn it off? I never paid much attention to the spam but
that's what it is. And since I paid for Avast I don't think it's my
oblictaion to shill for them too.
Thanks,
Eric

---

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Wed, 26 Mar 2014 15:48:26 -0700, Jon Danniken
wrote:

On 03/26/2014 01:36 PM, wrote:
Begin Rant
[snip]
---

You know what's even worse than trolls are those idiots who spam the
name of their antivirus software in every message they post....

Jon

Sorry it bugs you Jon. It bugs me too now that I think about it and
I'm going to try to stop it. But it is not worse than trolls.
Eric

---

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote in message
Begin Rant

End Rant
Thanks,
Eric,
Getting back to cutting metal

This guy had a lot of time on his hands
to build this contraption, ay? "There is
a lot of activity but nothing is getting
done, a lot like Congress". :)}

http://www.dump.com/nothingmachine/

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:
On Wed, 26 Mar 2014 18:07:11 -0500, "Terry Coombs"
wrote:

Jon Danniken wrote:
On 03/26/2014 01:36 PM,
wrote:
Begin Rant
[snip]
---
This email is free from viruses and malware because avast!
Antivirus protection is active.

You know what's even worse than trolls are those idiots who spam the
name of their antivirus software in every message they post....

Jon

It can be turned off , but Avast! doesn't really want you to know
that . I use it and it's turned off on my comp .

How do you turn it off? I never paid much attention to the spam but
that's what it is. And since I paid for Avast I don't think it's my
oblictaion to shill for them too.
Thanks,
Eric

Took me a while to find it ... open the user interface , click on the
little gear thingy in the lower left corner . Next click on active
protection , then the little gear thingy next to the "on" button . Click
next on "behavior" and remove the check from the 3rd box down in "general"
settings . That should do it !
--
Snag

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote in message ...
On Wed, 26 Mar 2014 15:48:26 -0700, Jon Danniken
wrote:

On 03/26/2014 01:36 PM, wrote:
Begin Rant
[snip]
---

You know what's even worse than trolls are those idiots who spam the
name of their antivirus software in every message they post....

Jon

Sorry it bugs you Jon. It bugs me too now that I think about it and
I'm going to try to stop it. But it is not worse than trolls.
Eric

---

Plonk "spambuster" while you're at it.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Wednesday, March 26, 2014 1:36:55 PM UTC-7, wrote:
Begin Rant

Agent says it is downloading up to 107 messages to rcm. After

filtering there were only 9 messages. 9! 3 of them were then added to

the killfile. Please stop replying to all those kooks. It only

encourages them and oftentimes makes the person replying look bad

because they have replied so many times in the past AND IT NEVER DOES

ANY GOOD! The trolls just keep on posting. And all the replies do

nothing to help educate anybody. The original posters don't care what

you say and the original posts are so full of **** that nobody with

any sense pays them any credence so telling them how wrong they are

means nothing.

End Rant

Thanks,

Eric,

Getting back to cutting metal

---

Suggest the following:

Be thankful I'm here and express your gratitude frequently. :)

Start telling Mark Wieber to go **** himself when he post sailboat ads, etc.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2014-03-26, Jon Danniken wrote:
On 03/26/2014 01:36 PM, wrote:
Begin Rant
[snip]
---

You know what's even worse than trolls are those idiots who spam the
name of their antivirus software in every message they post....

And -- it is totally useless as reassurance, as a virus could
easily forge that message while it is infecting things. :-)

A "free from viruses" message from a virus checker which is
local to your machine may be meaningful -- one put on at the sending end
is too easy to forge -- anywhere along the chain. For that matter, it
may get infected after it leaves the machine which put on the "free from
viruses" message. :-)

Enjoy,
DoN.

--
Remove oil spill source from e-mail
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

[...]

Where are your comments in two recent threads on drilling and reaming?

Is it possible you could be doing a lot more than just whining about the problems in this newsgroup?

Those would be the problems that started years ago when Mark Wieber felt the need to cross post to political groups and groups that have nothing to do with metalworking.

I also notice that I haven't read any recent posts from you that call Mark Wieber out for what he is:

A frequent liar.

Tell this group again why you feel the need to ignore the cause of the problems in this group and why you won't stand up and confront Wieber or his clique of idiots like Larry Jackass, Tom Gardner, etc.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2014-03-26, Jon Danniken wrote:

On 03/26/2014 01:36 PM, wrote:

Begin Rant

[snip]

---

You know what's even worse than trolls are those idiots who spam the

name of their antivirus software in every message they post....

And -- it is totally useless as reassurance, as a virus could

easily forge that message while it is infecting things. :-)

A "free from viruses" message from a virus checker which is

local to your machine may be meaningful -- one put on at the sending end

is too easy to forge -- anywhere along the chain. For that matter, it

may get infected after it leaves the machine which put on the "free from

viruses" message. :-)

Enjoy,

DoN.

--

Remove oil spill source from e-mail

And not only that, but "Free from viruses" really only means "free from viruses that Avast is configured to detect." It is an often overlooked fact that the good guys can only stay one step _behind_ the bad guys.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Wed, 26 Mar 2014 19:35:32 -0500, "Terry Coombs"

On Wed, 26 Mar 2014 18:07:11 -0500, "Terry Coombs"
wrote:

Jon Danniken wrote:
On 03/26/2014 01:36 PM, wrote:
Begin Rant
[snip]
---
[...]

Thanks Terry. Now this message should not contain any spam from Avast.
Cheers,
Eric
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

As is often the case, you get what you pay for.

I like Vipre best.

http://www.vipreantivirus.com/?AFFIL...aign=2 828146

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Thursday, March 27, 2014 5:36:45 PM UTC-4, Richard wrote:
As is often the case, you get what you pay for.

I like Vipre best.

http://www.vipreantivirus.com/?AFFIL...aign=2 828146

But unless they are the ones producing the viruses, they can't fix 'em before they see 'em. Thus, they are always at least a step behind.