DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Centec 2A machine table rack lever (https://www.diybanter.com/metalworking/367830-centec-2a-machine-table-rack-lever.html)

baratkns February 14th 14 04:18 PM

Centec 2A machine table rack lever

I have just got a Centec 2A horizontal milling machine and I noticed that
the lever for racking the machine table is constantly engaged. I
understood that when using the lead screw the racking lever could be
disengaged and the lever would drop into a vertical position. Can anyone
provide a detail of the rack set up?

--
posted from
http://www.polytechforum.com/metalwo...er-593187-.htm

DoN. Nichols[_2_] February 15th 14 03:49 AM

On 2014-02-14, baratkns wrote:
I have just got a Centec 2A horizontal milling machine and I noticed that
the lever for racking the machine table is constantly engaged. I
understood that when using the lead screw the racking lever could be
disengaged and the lever would drop into a vertical position. Can anyone
provide a detail of the rack set up?

I don't know the Centec, but my Nichols horizontal mill has the
lever fitted to the pinion shaft with a cone and a nut which presses it
against the cone. You loosen the nut, and bump the lever shaft near the
pinion shaft to release it. When you want to go back to lever
operation, you put the lever in a convenient position and re-tighten the
nut. The end of the pinion shaft also has a square projection which
fits the same crank that works the Y axis feed.

The Nichols is a floor standing machine (about 1100 lbs). Is
the Centec a benchtop machine?

Enjoy,
DoN.

--