Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Anyone using HurcoSave orginally sold by CMC?

CMC went under in 2009 and I'm trying to migrate the Hurcosave app to a Windows 7 PC from a XP. The app seems to run OK under Windows 7 but won't accept the original password/code and says it will expire in 30 days...Ideas?
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"oldjag" wrote in message
CMC went under in 2009 and I'm trying to migrate the Hurcosave app to a
Windows 7 PC from a XP. The app seems to run OK under Windows 7 but won't
accept the original password/code and says it will expire in 30
days...Ideas?

There may be a registry entry or a license file in the original installation
that is required to authenticate the installation. Sorry, I don't know
anything

---

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Bob La Londe" wrote in message
"oldjag" wrote in message
CMC went under in 2009 and I'm trying to migrate the Hurcosave app to a
Windows 7 PC from a XP. The app seems to run OK under Windows 7 but
won't accept the original password/code and says it will expire in 30
days...Ideas?

There may be a registry entry or a license file in the original
installation that is required to authenticate the installation. Sorry, I
don't know anything...

.... about your specific application. LOL.

---

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Yep I suspect it's a registry issue, but have know idea where to look. I'm wondering if the activation code I was given when I bought the new boards and software had some sort of expiration date, although it's not mentioned in any of the literature from CMC. I could wring the guys neck at CMC..I suspect he knew darn well they were going under when he sold me the upgrade in December'08. By the end of January their phone was disconnected.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Bob La Londe" fired this volley in
:

There may be a registry entry or a license file in the original
installation that is required to authenticate the installation.
Sorry, I don't know anything...

... about your specific application. LOL.

Oh... I saw your mold-making video... Uh, huh! G

Lloyd

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

. 3.70...
"Bob La Londe" fired this volley in
:

There may be a registry entry or a license file in the original
installation that is required to authenticate the installation.
Sorry, I don't know anything...

... about your specific application. LOL.

Oh... I saw your mold-making video... Uh, huh! G

Lloyd

Thanks Lloyd. LOL. I've been thinking about making a follow up that goes
into all the settings for the MOP. I know I was lost with some of that
stuff when I started using CB, and figured it wouldn't hurt to help somebody
else along.

---

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 12/27/2013 5:18, oldjag wrote:
CMC went under in 2009 and I'm trying to migrate the Hurcosave app to
a Windows 7 PC from a XP. The app seems to run OK under Windows 7
but won't accept the original password/code and says it will expire
in 30 days...Ideas?

Copy the old harddisc to new PC (partition magic or such to make exact
copy). Let new PC boot and windows will update the motherboard devices.
If it can't do that, "repair" install with XP disc. After it boots to
XP, upgrade to windows 7 from XP (put W7 install disc to CD while XP
runs).

This way all the registry entries and files stay the same.

Has worked fine on W2000-XP. I haven't yet had any reason for W7.

Kristitan Ukkonen.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Kristian Ukkonen" wrote in message
On 12/27/2013 5:18, oldjag wrote:
CMC went under in 2009 and I'm trying to migrate the Hurcosave app
a Windows 7 PC from a XP. The app seems to run OK under Windows 7
but won't accept the original password/code and says it will expire
in 30 days...Ideas?

Copy the old harddisc to new PC (partition magic or such to make
exact copy). Let new PC boot and windows will update the motherboard
devices.
If it can't do that, "repair" install with XP disc. After it boots
XP, upgrade to windows 7 from XP (put W7 install disc to CD while XP
runs).

This way all the registry entries and files stay the same.

Has worked fine on W2000-XP. I haven't yet had any reason for W7.

Kristitan Ukkonen.

If the new computer uses an Advanced Format hard drive the cloning
program has to be aware of it.:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/libr...(v=vs.85).aspx
"While not stressed in the preceding table, Windows XP, Windows Server
2003, and Windows Server 2003 R2 do not support 512e or 4Kn media.
While the system may boot up and be able to operate minimally, there
may be unknown scenarios of functionality issues, data loss, or
sub-optimal performance."

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/...rive,2759.html

Windows has a mechanism to detect an installation being moved to
different hardware, to deter theft, and if it even runs it will likely
have crippled functionality and give timeout warnings. The mechanism
records and checks parameters on the motherboard, such as the network
MAC address, but AFAIK not the hard drive. It does allow occasional
small changes.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 12/28/2013 16:19, Jim Wilkins wrote:
[...]

I would say that there is no problem.

The harddisk will work in "512-Byte Sector Emulation" with XP
using alignment 1. It should be first emptied of all partitions, and
then old partition copied there. Then after migrating to W7, it will
also work with the 512 byte sectors, but that is not a problem.

http://www.seagate.com/tech-insights...ves-master-ti/

It would be challenging to really perceive the effect of this
emulation on the harddisk transfer speed, especially using the
PC for some old CNC software.

Windows has a mechanism to detect an installation being moved to
different hardware, to deter theft, and if it even runs it will likely
have crippled functionality and give timeout warnings. The mechanism
records and checks parameters on the motherboard, such as the network
MAC address, but AFAIK not the hard drive. It does allow occasional
small changes.

It has worked wonderfully for me. Also with XP sp3. I have done it
multiple times with failed harddisks and motherboards, using a backup
copy of harddisk on new hardware. These computers are working and have
worked for years. May need reactivation, but that is not a problem with
genuine software with XP license string.

IMHO worth a try in the case above. Should work fine and no risk, as
it is done to a copy of the original harddisk.

Another way is to look for hidden files and/or empty directories at
the directories of the software. They are not copied normally with
windows copy. Empty hidden directory is used as license "file" in
one software.. One trick is to use "attrib" command instead of "dir"
in dos prompt. It will show all files, regardless if they are hidden
dor system files. For hidden directies "dir /A:HD". You get the idea.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Saturday, December 28, 2013 8:08:26 AM UTC-5, Kristian Ukkonen wrote:
On 12/27/2013 5:18, oldjag wrote:

CMC went under in 2009 and I'm trying to migrate the Hurcosave app to

a Windows 7 PC from a XP. The app seems to run OK under Windows 7

but won't accept the original password/code and says it will expire

in 30 days...Ideas?

Copy the old harddisc to new PC (partition magic or such to make exact

copy). Let new PC boot and windows will update the motherboard devices.

If it can't do that, "repair" install with XP disc. After it boots to

XP, upgrade to windows 7 from XP (put W7 install disc to CD while XP

runs).

This way all the registry entries and files stay the same.

Has worked fine on W2000-XP. I haven't yet had any reason for W7.

Kristitan Ukkonen.

Since this a new Windows 7 PC, I do have the Windows 7 install disc, and I do have a cloned Hard Drive of the old XP machine, so I guess I could give it a try, just not sure the old XP OS will support the new 64 bit Quad core board for boot up. Since I've used the cloned drive to move from one XP machine to another the last time I upgraded PC's maybe that could work.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

In article , msmith5242
@comcast.net says...

I don't know if it will be your solution but you might explore Windows 7 pro's
ability to run XP in emulation.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"oldjag" wrote in message
Since this a new Windows 7 PC, I do have the
Windows 7 install disc, and I do have a cloned
Hard Drive of the old XP machine, so I guess I
could give it a try, just not sure the old XP OS
will support the new 64 bit Quad core board for
boot up. Since I've used the cloned drive to move
from one XP machine to another the last time I
upgraded PC's maybe that could work.

You could dig out or buy an old drive to practice with.

These are very useful for cloning drives:
http://www.amazon.com/Drive-Adapter-.../dp/B002OV1VJW

If you use IDE laptop drives an adapter like this provides them with
more DC power than the USB2 port can supply:
http://www.amazon.com/Drive-Adapter-.../dp/B000YTR53W

jsw

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Jim Wilkins" wrote in message

These are very useful for cloning drives:
http://www.amazon.com/Drive-Adapter-.../dp/B002OV1VJW

I use Amazon for links because they load quickly on dialup. My USB
adapter which I bought locally is blue and has worked fine for years.
That one gets bad reviews for its power supply.
jsw

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 12/30/2013 8:30, oldjag wrote:
Since this a new Windows 7 PC, I do have the Windows 7 install disc,
and I do have a cloned Hard Drive of the old XP machine, so I guess I
could give it a try, just not sure the old XP OS will support the new
64 bit Quad core board for boot up. Since I've used the cloned drive
to move from one XP machine to another the last time I upgraded PC's
maybe that could work.

You will see. You propably need XP install disk for "repair" of
the old install. Put the cloned harddisk to new PC, boot. If it won't
boot (and setup itself), boot with XP CD, and do repair.

That's how I would progress. After you get the XP to boot, you can
update to windows 7. Really no other way than to try.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

[...]

The old system may not boot on the new hardware if the ATA controllers
are too different, since the OS loader has to read the hard drive
before Plug-n-Play can install the proper new driver. You could change
the XP ATA driver to the generic standard in the XP machine before
trying it in the new one.

Are they at least both SATA?
http://knowledge.seagate.com/article...S/FAQ/188411en
"Operating systems such as Windows XP/2000 may not automatically
recognize the SATA controller in the system. This is especially true
if the hardware is newer than the operating system."

jsw

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

replying to oldjag, Sandor IMRE wrote:
Hi oldjag

I just bought on eBay a Hurcosave (CMC Systems) board for upgrading my Hurco
KMB1.
Could you please help me out and mail me any information about this card?
Impossible to find anything on it on the net.

--
for full context, visit http://www.polytechforum.com/metalwo...mc-590969-.htm

OT Worst car sold in the UK harry Home Repair 9 June 1st 13 01:57 PM
Anvil sold Ivan Vegvary[_2_] Metalworking 7 March 17th 13 04:00 PM
Just Sold Jess Easley Home Ownership 0 September 6th 09 01:47 AM
Cuttermaster is sold Jon Anderson Metalworking 0 June 25th 09 06:54 AM
Louisiana Sold! Jim Home Repair 5 October 1st 05 02:37 PM