Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default NYC Gun confiscation starting up.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/12/05...ntcmp=trending

--
Steve W.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Steve W." wrote in message
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/12/05...ntcmp=trending

--
Steve W.

Wasn't somebody claiming this was total bull**** just a few days ago. LOL.

---

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Bob La Londe wrote:
"Steve W." wrote in message
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/12/05...ntcmp=trending

--
Steve W.

Wasn't somebody claiming this was total bull**** just a few days ago. LOL.

Yep, Only thing is, It is 100% TRUE.

Oh and the 5 round limit has NO exemptions in terms of rim fire/center
fire or magazine type. Tube fed, belt fed, fixed or detachable mag.
doesn't matter, if it holds over 5 rounds it's illegal in NYC.

Here's another little gotcha in NYC. It is illegal to store more than
200 rounds of ammo in a residence in the city without a special permit
issued by the FDNY.

--
Steve W.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Steve W." wrote in message ...
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/12/05...ntcmp=trending

--
Steve W.

Liberals don't have any plans to disarm criminals, just law abiding
citizens. The progressives are making this country a safer place for
criminals while making it more dangerous for law abiding citizens.

RogerN

DEMOCRATS - Dimwits Embracing Marxism Over Capitalism Really Are
Tremendously Stupid

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Thu, 05 Dec 2013 12:56:58 -0500, "Steve W."
wrote:

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/12/05...ntcmp=trending

A little confusion there. They are not confiscating the guns, they are
telling you that you must obey a law passed several years ago and
either remove the gun from the city, modify it so that it falls within
legal limits or sell it. Only if you ignore this law do they punish
you by confiscating your weapon.

--
Cheers,

John B.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Thu, 5 Dec 2013 11:51:04 -0700, "Bob La Londe"
wrote:

"Steve W." wrote in message
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/12/05...ntcmp=trending

--
Steve W.

Wasn't somebody claiming this was total bull**** just a few days ago. LOL.

ayup. Typical leftwinger.

They are all liars

--
"Owning a sailboat is like marrying a nymphomaniac. You don’t want to do that
but it is great if your best friend does. That way you get all the benefits without any of the upkeep"

---

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Edward A. Falk wrote:
In article , Steve W. wrote:
Bob La Londe wrote:
"Steve W." wrote in message

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/12/05...ntcmp=trending

--
Steve W.
Wasn't somebody claiming this was total bull**** just a few days ago. LOL.

Yep, Only thing is, It is 100% TRUE.

I did a search on this story, and all I found were reports on right-wing
conspiracy sites quoting other right-wing conspiracy sites.

I also found this report on a police officer's forum:

http://forums.officer.com/t190791/#post3380842

Well, this is settled.

I called our good colleagues at the Rifle & Shotgun Section. They are
well aware of the sh*tstorm this caused all over the web.

This letter was sent to ONE person...for reasons involving his specific
permit. He then changed it a bit to make it look like something it
wasn't, and posted it online.

Done and done.

I think if there really was an ongoing gun confiscation program, we
would have seen some confirmation of this letter by now.

The NYPD must be a "right wing conspiracy site" then

http://www.nyc.gov/html/nypd/downloa...2013_05_v9.pdf

Notice this on the second page-

Rifles and shotguns that fit the City or new State definition of an
assault weapon, or have feeding devices that violate the five-round
rule, are illegal and must be immediately surrendered and invoiced.

Or maybe NYC themselves are a "right wing conspiracy"

NYC Administrative code 10-306B paragraph b :

b. No person may possess an ammunition feeding device which is
designed for use in a rifle or shotgun and which is capable of holding
more than five rounds of rifle or shotgun ammunition, unless such person
is exempt from subdivision a of section 10-303.1 pursuant to section
10-305, provided that a dealer in rifles and shotguns may possess such
ammunition feeding devices for the purpose of disposition authorized
pursuant to subdivision a of this section.

http://codes.lp.findlaw.com/nycode/ADC/10/3

--
Steve W.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Mon, 09 Dec 2013 05:21:51 -0500, "Steve W."
wrote:

Edward A. Falk wrote:
In article , Steve W. wrote:
Bob La Londe wrote:
"Steve W." wrote in message
[...]

Oh goodness...so much for that pesky "much ado about nothing" eh wot?

--
"Owning a sailboat is like marrying a nymphomaniac. You don’t want to do that
but it is great if your best friend does. That way you get all the benefits without any of the upkeep"

---

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

Edward A. Falk wrote:
In article , Steve W. wrote:
Bob La Londe wrote:
"Steve W." wrote in message
[...]

Here's a sweet one. If your buddy has a weapon in the vehicle (house
or apartment building?) and he's pulled over/whatever, -everyone in
the vehicle/structure- is automatically guilty of possession of said
mean & nasty weapon.

Search N.Y. ADC. LAW § 10-308 : NY Code - Section 10-308: Vehicles,
rooms, dwellings or structures; possession therein

The presence of a rifle, or shotgun, or rifle or shotgun ammunition,
in a vehicle, room, dwelling or structure, without a rifle and
shotgun permit therefor and a certificate of registration
therefor, or the presence of an assault weapon in a vehicle, room,
dwelling or structure, shall be presumptive evidence of possession
thereof by all persons occupying the vehicle, room, dwelling or
structure at the time.

Update on our commissioners trying to pull the fast one on us via the
nuisance laws: We outvoted them, downing their 4 ordinances by 78% to
22%. Democracy _can_ work if we work it.

--
I hate being bipolar ....... It's awesome!