DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Rivet Spinner (https://www.diybanter.com/metalworking/362422-rivet-spinner.html)

Pilgrim September 27th 13 02:16 AM

Rivet Spinner

Can anyone tell me the proper profile for the spinner to do chainsaw
chain? Yes, I know "Why?". I am retired and it is a challenge. I bought
at an estate sale a Lot of the right size chains, but all too long. I
have the splitter taken care of with an adaptor for the arbor press.
Thanks
Chuck P.

[email protected] September 27th 13 03:32 PM

Rivet Spinner

On Thursday, September 26, 2013 9:16:18 PM UTC-4, Pilgrim wrote:
Can anyone tell me the proper profile for the spinner to do chainsaw

chain? Yes, I know "Why?". I am retired and it is a challenge. I bought

at an estate sale a Lot of the right size chains, but all too long. I

have the splitter taken care of with an adaptor for the arbor press.

Thanks

Chuck P.

It may not be spun, motorcycle rivet-type master links are done with a handheld screw press.
A bicycle rivet press might be just right.

Pilgrim September 27th 13 07:15 PM

Rivet Spinner

In article ,
wrote:

On Thursday, September 26, 2013 9:16:18 PM UTC-4, Pilgrim wrote:
Can anyone tell me the proper profile for the spinner to do chainsaw

chain? Yes, I know "Why?". I am retired and it is a challenge. I bought

at an estate sale a Lot of the right size chains, but all too long. I

have the splitter taken care of with an adaptor for the arbor press.

Thanks

Chuck P.

It may not be spun, motorcycle rivet-type master links are done with a
handheld screw press.
A bicycle rivet press might be just right.

Chainsaw chains are spun. There are many types of spinners on the market.
Just google them or on Ebay. I am too tight to pay the cost and the
cheap Harbor Freight one has bad reviews.

CP

[email protected] September 27th 13 09:08 PM

Rivet Spinner

On Friday, September 27, 2013 2:15:02 PM UTC-4, Pilgrim wrote:
In article ,

wrote:

On Thursday, September 26, 2013 9:16:18 PM UTC-4, Pilgrim wrote:

Can anyone tell me the proper profile for the spinner to do chainsaw

chain? Yes, I know "Why?". I am retired and it is a challenge. I bought

at an estate sale a Lot of the right size chains, but all too long. I

have the splitter taken care of with an adaptor for the arbor press.

Thanks

Chuck P.

It may not be spun, motorcycle rivet-type master links are done with a

handheld screw press.

A bicycle rivet press might be just right.

Chainsaw chains are spun. There are many types of spinners on the market.

Just google them or on Ebay. I am too tight to pay the cost and the

cheap Harbor Freight one has bad reviews.

CP

Fair enough, but that does not mean they must be spun.

[email protected] September 27th 13 10:26 PM

Rivet Spinner

wrote:

On Thursday, September 26, 2013 9:16:18 PM UTC-4, Pilgrim wrote:

Can anyone tell me the proper profile for the spinner to do chainsaw

chain? Yes, I know "Why?". I am retired and it is a challenge. I bought

at an estate sale a Lot of the right size chains, but all too long. I

have the splitter taken care of with an adaptor for the arbor press.

Thanks

Chuck P.

It may not be spun, motorcycle rivet-type master links are done with a

handheld screw press.

A bicycle rivet press might be just right.

Chainsaw chains are spun. There are many types of spinners on the market.

Just google them or on Ebay. I am too tight to pay the cost and the

cheap Harbor Freight one has bad reviews.

CP

good pic here, if yuo assume at least some of the items are for spinning-
http://www.klika.com.au/bench-mounte...nd-joiner.html

http://www.klika.com.au/media/catalo...r/break_c3.jpg