Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default New low for RCM

Agent, when downloading messages, says: Downloading up to (x amount)
messages. With filters in place today Agent reported downloading up
134 messages. Only 9 made it past the filters. This is the lowest
percentage yet of good to bad messages. Sad.
Eric
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Thursday, August 15, 2013 5:06:47 PM UTC-7, wrote:
Agent, when downloading messages, says: Downloading up to (x amount)

messages. With filters in place today Agent reported downloading up

134 messages. Only 9 made it past the filters. This is the lowest

percentage yet of good to bad messages. Sad.

Eric

Thank Mark Wieber. Very easy to see that when Wieber started cross posting to gun and political groups this newsgroup started to die.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 16/08/2013 9:20 AM, jon_banquer wrote:
On Thursday, August 15, 2013 5:06:47 PM UTC-7, wrote:
Agent, when downloading messages, says: Downloading up to (x amount)

messages. With filters in place today Agent reported downloading up

134 messages. Only 9 made it past the filters. This is the lowest

percentage yet of good to bad messages. Sad.

Eric

Thank Mark Wieber. Very easy to see that when Wieber started cross posting to gun and political groups this newsgroup started to die.

This is the most sensible post of yours that I've seen Jon.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Pete C. wrote:

Jon Elson wrote:
Yup, it is a SAD case, indeed! Tons of political rants, almost no metal
content I can find. Why do people do this? Do they think people really
want to discuss these rants?

Jon

Not really, I just scrolled back to 16-Jul, one month ago and there were
many metal related threads:

Hopefully, this means this rash of drivel may die down. We need
to post some on-topic messages!

Jon
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Fri, 16 Aug 2013 13:49:59 -0500, Jon Elson

Agent, when downloading messages, says: Downloading up to (x amount)
messages. With filters in place today Agent reported downloading up
134 messages. Only 9 made it past the filters. This is the lowest
percentage yet of good to bad messages. Sad.
Eric

Yup, it is a SAD case, indeed! Tons of political rants, almost no metal
content I can find. Why do people do this? Do they think people really
want to discuss these rants?

Jon, I came here to learn more about youse guys' field(s) of
metalworking, but I stayed because there was a vast assortment of
people from different fields discussing -lots- of things, including
metalworking. I find much of it to be very interesting.

If people would learn to avoid replying to the spammers and idiots,
the ratio of those filtered messages would go way down.

Improper filtering could be part of some peoples' problem, too. Over-
filtering can remove valid postings.

--
Truth loves to go naked.
--Dr. Thomas Fuller, Gnomologia, 1732
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Friday, August 16, 2013 3:56:16 AM UTC-7, Gonadicus wrote:
On 16/08/2013 9:20 AM, jon_banquer wrote:

On Thursday, August 15, 2013 5:06:47 PM UTC-7, wrote:

Agent, when downloading messages, says: Downloading up to (x amount)

messages. With filters in place today Agent reported downloading up

134 messages. Only 9 made it past the filters. This is the lowest

percentage yet of good to bad messages. Sad.

Eric

Thank Mark Wieber. Very easy to see that when Wieber started cross posting to gun and political groups this newsgroup started to die.

This is the most sensible post of yours that I've seen Jon.

Sensible posts no longer have any place in this newsgroup thanks to Mark Wieber's cross posting and the losers he attracted like The Pimple, Larry Jackass, etc.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Fri, 16 Aug 2013 18:56:16 +0800, Gonadicus
wrote:

On 16/08/2013 9:20 AM, jon_banquer wrote:
On Thursday, August 15, 2013 5:06:47 PM UTC-7, wrote:
Agent, when downloading messages, says: Downloading up to (x amount)

messages. With filters in place today Agent reported downloading up

134 messages. Only 9 made it past the filters. This is the lowest

percentage yet of good to bad messages. Sad.

Eric

Thank Mark Wieber. Very easy to see that when Wieber started cross posting to gun and political groups this newsgroup started to die.

This is the most sensible post of yours that I've seen Jon.

Actually I very seldom start a crossposted thread of a controversial
nature.

I do however..respond to them

Jon on the other hand...well...VBG....laugh!

Gunner

--
""Almost all liberal behavioral tropes track the impotent rage of small
children. Thus, for example, there is also the popular tactic of
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Fri, 16 Aug 2013 13:49:59 -0500, Jon Elson

Agent, when downloading messages, says: Downloading up to (x amount)
messages. With filters in place today Agent reported downloading up
134 messages. Only 9 made it past the filters. This is the lowest
percentage yet of good to bad messages. Sad.
Eric

Yup, it is a SAD case, indeed! Tons of political rants, almost no metal
content I can find. Why do people do this? Do they think people really
want to discuss these rants?

Jon

Or is it because no one is posting metalworking threads?

And the last time you started a metalworking thread was...when?

I bought a sailboat yesterday and dragged a 13 foot FJ sailboat home
last nite, on its own 15' trailer..on a 10' flatbed trailer behind my
pickup. I arrived home at 2am.

Yet its not metalworking. When I discuss repairing the axle of the
boat trailer..it will become a metalworking thread.

--
""Almost all liberal behavioral tropes track the impotent rage of small
children. Thus, for example, there is also the popular tactic of
repeating some stupid, meaningless phrase a billion times" Arms for
hostages, arms for hostages, arms for hostages, it's just about sex, just
about sex, just about sex, dumb,dumb, money in politics,money in
politics, Enron, Enron, Enron. Nothing repeated with mind-numbing
frequency in all major news outlets will not be believed by some members
of the populace. It is the permanence of evil; you can't stop it." (Ann
Coulter)

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Fri, 16 Aug 2013 17:53:09 -0500, Jon Elson
wrote:

Pete C. wrote:

Jon Elson wrote:
Yup, it is a SAD case, indeed! Tons of political rants, almost no metal
content I can find. Why do people do this? Do they think people really
want to discuss these rants?

Jon

Not really, I just scrolled back to 16-Jul, one month ago and there were
many metal related threads:

Hopefully, this means this rash of drivel may die down. We need
to post some on-topic messages!

Jon

Feel free to start.

--
""Almost all liberal behavioral tropes track the impotent rage of small
children. Thus, for example, there is also the popular tactic of
repeating some stupid, meaningless phrase a billion times" Arms for
hostages, arms for hostages, arms for hostages, it's just about sex, just
about sex, just about sex, dumb,dumb, money in politics,money in
politics, Enron, Enron, Enron. Nothing repeated with mind-numbing
frequency in all major news outlets will not be believed by some members
of the populace. It is the permanence of evil; you can't stop it." (Ann
Coulter)
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Saturday, August 17, 2013 12:19:54 PM UTC-7, Gunner Asch wrote:

Actually I very seldom start a crossposted thread of a controversial

nature.

I do however..respond to them

The above would be yet another Mark Wieber outrageous lie.

Like anyone really needs to read another:

Mark R. Wieber (a.k.a. Gunner) Cliff Notes

You just can't stop lying can you, Wieber?

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Gunner Asch" wrote in message
On Sun, 18 Aug 2013 10:12:37 GMT, "Harold & Susan Vordos"
wrote:

On a side note..a friend just salvaged about 500 lbs of gold plated
old computer connectors and pins. Are they worth salvage for the
gold? And how is that best accomplished?

He is asking me for people or methods to do it.

Gunner

If he has 500lbs of actual gold plated material then it is probably worth
it. If he has 500lbs of crap with gold plated contacts on it, tell him to
clip off the contacts and wait till he has a lot more.

An oz of gold goes a long way in plating. Even with heavy plating, there
might be .001oz in a square inch of plate.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

On a side note..a friend just salvaged about 500 lbs of gold plated
old computer connectors and pins. Are they worth salvage for the
gold? And how is that best accomplished?

He is asking me for people or methods to do it.

Gunner

If he has 500lbs of actual gold plated material then it is probably worth
it. If he has 500lbs of crap with gold plated contacts on it, tell him to
clip off the contacts and wait till he has a lot more.

An oz of gold goes a long way in plating. Even with heavy plating, there
might be .001oz in a square inch of plate.

What Gunner's friend should do is sell those connectors on eBay. Do
not try to smelt that gold.

For eBay, I would certainly split that gold plated stuff into lots
fitting a large flat rate box.

1) Make good closeup pictures representative of the material
2) Weigh it honestly and accurately
3) List as "LOT,__ LBS OF GOLD PLATED SCRAP RECOVERY COMPUTER CNC CONNECTOR PINS"
4) Place on eBay for auction for 0.01 starting bid.

I did sell some gold plated pins this way, and was very satisfied with
the final bid and transaction.

The 0.01 starting bid will be bid up to its actual market value.

Many things should not be sold at 0.01c starting bid auctions, but
gold pins will work out OK.