DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Ping: Joe Auto-Drill (https://www.diybanter.com/metalworking/361034-ping-joe-auto-drill.html)

[email protected] August 15th 13 12:34 AM

Ping: Joe Auto-Drill

Greetings Joe,
I have used DRAPs in the past on aluminum sheet up to .187" thick. I
drove them with a Procunier tapping head. I ran the DRAP as fast as I
could without having to slip the clutch too much when the tap started
to cut. I always used cutting versions and didn't even know about the
form versions until I read your post. When used in one of your units
do you run it at two different speeds? Slower for the tapping?
Thanks,
Eric