Old August 2nd 13, 01:18 AM posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default does a diebold R-5425 data-safe have asbestos

replying to anorton , Environova wrote:
anorton wrote:

"Environova" wrote in
message oups.com...
Umm... Diebold is a huge, publically-traded multinational company. Have

you
called the main number on the website:

http://www.diebold.com/our-company/P...s/default.aspx

Thank you for the contact us page on their website - I am currently
awaiting a response from Diebold directly via the internet, since their
main number was not answered when I called several times.

--
posted from
http://www.polytechforum.com/metalwo...os-581044-.htm

Old August 2nd 13, 09:26 AM posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

anorton wrote:

"Environova" wrote in

message oups.com...

Umm... Diebold is a huge, publically-traded multinational company. Have

you

called the main number on the website:

http://www.diebold.com/our-company/P...s/default.aspx

Thank you for the contact us page on their website - I am currently

awaiting a response from Diebold directly via the internet, since their

main number was not answered when I called several times.

--

posted from

http://www.polytechforum.com/metalwo...os-581044-.htm

using PolytechForum's Web, RSS and Social Media Interface to

rec.crafts.metalworking and other engineering groups

Here's a general tip for what to do when a large company doesn't respond to a "normal" contact: Search on their web site for the corporate governance office or the investor relations office. In my experience, these phones ALWAYS get answered, and usually by someone who is more than happy to connect you to the right department.

In this case:
INVESTOR CONTACTS
Primary IR Contact
Investor Relations Department 9-B-16
Diebold
5995 Mayfair Road
North Canton, OH 44720
Phone: 1-800-766-5859
Outside the U.S.:330-490-3790
Old August 2nd 13, 04:09 PM posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Thursday, August 1, 2013 12:18:02 PM UTC-4, Environova wrote:
I am a consultant looking to identify asbestos (or not) in the safe

walls...can't resell the items (there are four) without knowledge of the

potential for asbestos inside.

--

posted from

http://www.polytechforum.com/metalwo...os-581044-.htm

using PolytechForum's Web, RSS and Social Media Interface to

rec.crafts.metalworking and other engineering groups

Not that anyone sees replies from google, but this may be of some use...

https://portal.navfac.navy.mil/porta.../Volume5-1.pdf

Old August 2nd 13, 04:18 PM posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

replying to Ignoramus4354 , Environova wrote:
ignoramus4354 wrote:

Let me know what you find out, I also have a diebold data safe that I
mean to offer for sale.
I believe that they all use drywall type material instead of
asbestos. Drywall gypsum has better heat resistance, because it can
absorb a lot of heat while thermally disintegrating. It does not
really need asbestos.

I finally found a phone number that works. Diebold says (according to
their legal department) they never knowingly used asbestos in their
products, but if your going to scrap the item, proceed as if asbestos is
present.

Old August 2nd 13, 04:19 PM posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

replying to rangerssuck , Environova wrote:
rangerssuck wrote:

in

ault.aspx
-have-asbestos-581044-.htm
Here's a general tip for what to do when a large company doesn't respond

a "normal" contact: Search on their web site for the corporate governance

office or the investor relations office. In my experience, these phones

ALW
AYS get answered, and usually by someone who is more than happy to connect

you to the right department.
In this case:
INVESTOR CONTACTS
Primary IR Contact
Investor Relations Department 9-B-16
Diebold
5995 Mayfair Road
North Canton, OH 44720
Phone: 1-800-766-5859
Outside the U.S.:330-490-3790

Thank you for the contact number (I was unable to find it on the
internet), it worked beautifully!!

Diebold says they never knowingly used asbestos in their products, but if
you're going to damage the integrity (like would happen at a scrap yard)
then you should proceed as if asbestos is present.

Thanks again!

Old August 2nd 13, 05:32 PM posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

ignoramus4354 wrote:

Let me know what you find out, I also have a diebold data safe that I
mean to offer for sale.
I believe that they all use drywall type material instead of
asbestos. Drywall gypsum has better heat resistance, because it can
absorb a lot of heat while thermally disintegrating. It does not
really need asbestos.

I finally found a phone number that works. Diebold says (according to
their legal department) they never knowingly used asbestos in their
products, but if your going to scrap the item, proceed as if asbestos is
present.

This, this is very useful.

Old August 2nd 13, 07:25 PM posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

ignoramus4354 wrote:

Let me know what you find out, I also have a diebold data safe that I
mean to offer for sale.
I believe that they all use drywall type material instead of
asbestos. Drywall gypsum has better heat resistance, because it can
absorb a lot of heat while thermally disintegrating. It does not
really need asbestos.

I finally found a phone number that works. Diebold says (according to
their legal department) they never knowingly used asbestos in their
products, but if your going to scrap the item, proceed as if asbestos is
present.

That's a non-answer. Actually they do know if asbestos was an
ingredient in the insulating plaster. What they don't know is how much
asbestos came in other ingredients.

When I was selling a house many years back, the buyer's broker wanted
me to certify that the house had no UFFI in the walls. I declined to
sign, because while I had seen no UFFI, I had and did not plan to open
up all the walls and inspect for UFFI. Legally, my answer was
"unknown", and there is no legal duty to investigate. The broker
backed down.

Joe Gwinn
Old January 31st 20, 10:18 PM posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

replying to Environova, Culty wrote:
I don't think it's required to open the walls to be exposed. According to
lawyers statements I've read, just operating the safe could lead to exposure
in high doses due to pressure release upon operation.

--
for full context, visit https://www.polytechforum.com/metalw...os-581044-.htm