Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Allen-Bradley 7320 control for sale

Anybody need parts for an Allen-Bradley 7320
CNC control? I have a complete 7320 that worked
fine last time I powered it up (which was a while
ago). I have the I/O boards, CPU boards, diagnostic
tapes, manuals, power supply, etc. I have the monitor,
keyboard, control panel, etc. too.

Jon
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Mon, 15 Jul 2013 23:46:48 -0500, Jon Elson
wrote:

Anybody need parts for an Allen-Bradley 7320
CNC control? I have a complete 7320 that worked
fine last time I powered it up (which was a while
ago). I have the I/O boards, CPU boards, diagnostic
tapes, manuals, power supply, etc. I have the monitor,
keyboard, control panel, etc. too.

Jon

Let me ask around. Got a few clients with old AB controls on their
mills. I think that came standard on Kondias for a few years didnt
they?

Gunner

--
""Almost all liberal behavioral tropes track the impotent rage of small
children. Thus, for example, there is also the popular tactic of
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Gunner Asch wrote:

Let me ask around. Got a few clients with old AB controls on their
mills. I think that came standard on Kondias for a few years didnt
they?

Thanks! The 7320 is a pretty ancient control, from about 1978.
Not compatible with the 8500. I'd like to see these boards
(and there are a LOT of them) get some use rather than be scrapped.

Jon
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

sell it on ebay

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Tue, 16 Jul 2013 18:30:33 -0500, Ignoramus5150

sell it on ebay

On 2013-07-16, Jon Elson wrote:
Gunner Asch wrote:

Let me ask around. Got a few clients with old AB controls on their
mills. I think that came standard on Kondias for a few years didnt
they?

Thanks! The 7320 is a pretty ancient control, from about 1978.
Not compatible with the 8500. I'd like to see these boards
(and there are a LOT of them) get some use rather than be scrapped.

Jon

Indeed. That would be the first thing Id try. Either entire control
or boards alone with card numbers.

Dealers/fixers will often call you and ask if you have any more..and
then you can sell the entire stack off of ebay.

--
""Almost all liberal behavioral tropes track the impotent rage of small
children. Thus, for example, there is also the popular tactic of
repeating some stupid, meaningless phrase a billion times" Arms for
hostages, arms for hostages, arms for hostages, it's just about sex, just
about sex, just about sex, dumb,dumb, money in politics,money in
politics, Enron, Enron, Enron. Nothing repeated with mind-numbing
frequency in all major news outlets will not be believed by some members
of the populace. It is the permanence of evil; you can't stop it." (Ann
Coulter)

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2013-07-17, Gunner Asch wrote:
On Tue, 16 Jul 2013 18:30:33 -0500, Ignoramus5150
wrote:

sell it on ebay

Indeed. That would be the first thing Id try. Either entire control
or boards alone with card numbers.

Dealers/fixers will often call you and ask if you have any more..and
then you can sell the entire stack off of ebay.

Selling such stuff by the board is a great business, a very easy
business.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

sell it on ebay

On 2013-07-16, Jon Elson wrote:
Gunner Asch wrote:

Let me ask around. Got a few clients with old AB controls on their
mills. I think that came standard on Kondias for a few years didnt
they?

Thanks! The 7320 is a pretty ancient control, from about 1978.
Not compatible with the 8500. I'd like to see these boards
(and there are a LOT of them) get some use rather than be scrapped.

I checked completed sales and they mostly show no sale at $15
- 30. Not worth the trouble to keep a bunch of such listings up
if nobody is buying. These are now about 35 years old. Very
few custom parts in them other than PROMS and a troublesome
keyboard encoder chip, so there is a pretty good chance of
keeping them running, if you really wanted to. But, then,
I had 3 significant breakdowns in 9 months of light use of
mine, and when the original EMC came along, I was happy to
move on! So, I may be way too late. the broker-vultures
still have Google clogged with their listings starting at
$300 a board, though.

Jon
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2013-07-17, Jon Elson wrote:

sell it on ebay

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Jon Elson" wrote in message

sell it on ebay

On 2013-07-16, Jon Elson wrote:
Gunner Asch wrote:

[...]

Those were a very nice controller back in the day, but if I recall
correctly, you had to manually "park" the disc reader hears before shutdown
or you risk data loss; in the event of a power loss, all bets were off..at
one point in time we probably had nearly 50 of them at the Boeing Portland
plant, retrofitted to large multi spimdle hydraulic tracers, first with
spool valves feeding std hyd cylinders with resolver on rack and pinion,
then we started using ballscrews with the vickers pumps setup backwards to
run as servos and then finally we started using an actual DC servo, if i
recall correctly they were gettys.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2013-07-17, Jon Elson wrote:
I may be way too late. the broker-vultures
still have Google clogged with their listings starting at
$300 a board, though.

Jon

Then just junk it.

Spoken like a true "broker-vulture"...

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Jon Elson wrote:

Anybody need parts for an Allen-Bradley 7320
CNC control? I have a complete 7320 that worked
fine last time I powered it up (which was a while
ago). I have the I/O boards, CPU boards, diagnostic
tapes, manuals, power supply, etc. I have the monitor,
keyboard, control panel, etc. too.

Jon

It's depressing tossing good but obsolete stuff. I had to do that
recently with some good high end CRT monitors, nothing wrong with them,
but no point in keeping them when I can replace them with a good LCD for
so little. Still sad...
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Wed, 17 Jul 2013 08:53:04 -0500, "Pete C."
wrote:

Jon Elson wrote:

Anybody need parts for an Allen-Bradley 7320
CNC control? I have a complete 7320 that worked
fine last time I powered it up (which was a while
ago). I have the I/O boards, CPU boards, diagnostic
tapes, manuals, power supply, etc. I have the monitor,
keyboard, control panel, etc. too.

Jon

It's depressing tossing good but obsolete stuff. I had to do that
recently with some good high end CRT monitors, nothing wrong with them,
but no point in keeping them when I can replace them with a good LCD for
so little. Still sad...

It worries me when I see my wife looking at me with sad eyes, or when
I'm tossing old clothes into the Salvation Army bin and she asks if I
think I could fit in the lid.

--
Ed Huntress
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

Jon Elson wrote:

Anybody need parts for an Allen-Bradley 7320
CNC control? I have a complete 7320 that worked
fine last time I powered it up (which was a while
ago). I have the I/O boards, CPU boards, diagnostic
tapes, manuals, power supply, etc. I have the monitor,
keyboard, control panel, etc. too.

Jon

It's depressing tossing good but obsolete stuff. I had to do that
recently with some good high end CRT monitors, nothing wrong with them,
but no point in keeping them when I can replace them with a good LCD for
so little. Still sad...

So folks can put it up on eBay for a low price plus a Best Offer
button. Someone who needs/wants it will take it off their hands.

I hate tossing stuff, too. When it fails the eBay/CL tries, it goes
on Freecycle. If it fails that and the curbside tests, it finally
goes into Goodwill (-if- they accept it) or the trash.

--
Always bear in mind that your own resolution to
succeed is more important than any one thing.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

The surest way to dispose of anything not wanted is to leave said item in the back of your pickup.
Ivan Vegvary
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Ivan Vegvary wrote:

The surest way to dispose of anything not wanted is to leave said item in the back of your pickup.

I tried that a couple times. There was more stuff in the truck's bed
when I came back.

have a DD214, and a honorable discharge.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Ivan Vegvary wrote:

The surest way to dispose of anything not wanted is to leave said item in the back of your pickup.

I tried that a couple times. There was more stuff in the truck's bed
when I came back.

Try putting a price tag on it, not too low, not too high, just to imply
it has value to someone...

David

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Michael A. Terrell" on Wed, 17 Jul 2013
21:28:22 -0400 typed in rec.crafts.metalworking the following:

Ivan Vegvary wrote:

The surest way to dispose of anything not wanted is to leave said item in the back of your pickup.

I tried that a couple times. There was more stuff in the truck's bed
when I came back.

"So much for getting rid of the accordion."

have a DD214, and a honorable discharge.

And have read Thucydides.
--
pyotr filipivich
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Wed, 17 Jul 2013 15:48:34 -0700 (PDT), Ivan Vegvary
wrote:

The surest way to dispose of anything not wanted is to leave said item in the back of your pickup.
Ivan Vegvary

G I know a guy who placed a dead skunk in a ziplock bag with some
shards of broken glass in the bag, inside of an old tool box, in the
back of his pickup truck, on a Friday night.,.about a week after
finding the skunk on the side of the road. It was gone by Sunday
morning. It was pretty easy to determine who the perps were...all one
had to do was pull into the highschool parking lot Monday morning and
sniff for the perps car. They didnt find the tool box..but the smell
pretty much screwed up the assholes vehicle for many weeks. No jail
time..but the smell was punishment all by itself.

The kid finally dropped out of school, od'd on drugs and was found
strangled to death on his own vomit in his buddies apartment, some 4-5
days after his death. Screwed up his buddies apartment too..being in
August. The buddy being in jail waiting arraigment on drug
charges....

VBG

Got to love Darwin.

Gunner

--
""Almost all liberal behavioral tropes track the impotent rage of small
children. Thus, for example, there is also the popular tactic of
repeating some stupid, meaningless phrase a billion times" Arms for
hostages, arms for hostages, arms for hostages, it's just about sex, just
about sex, just about sex, dumb,dumb, money in politics,money in
politics, Enron, Enron, Enron. Nothing repeated with mind-numbing
frequency in all major news outlets will not be believed by some members
of the populace. It is the permanence of evil; you can't stop it." (Ann
Coulter)
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Ivan Vegvary wrote:

The surest way to dispose of anything not wanted is to leave said item in the back of your pickup.

I tried that a couple times. There was more stuff in the truck's bed
when I came back.

"So much for getting rid of the accordion."

That all depends on accordion to whom you ask.

have a DD214, and a honorable discharge.

And have read Thucydides.

What did he know about destroyers, fighter jets & nukes?
have a DD214, and a honorable discharge.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Michael A. Terrell" on Thu, 18 Jul 2013
12:37:38 -0400 typed in rec.crafts.metalworking the following:
Ivan Vegvary wrote:
The surest way to dispose of anything not wanted is to leave said item in the back of your pickup.

I tried that a couple times. There was more stuff in the truck's bed
when I came back.

"So much for getting rid of the accordion."

That all depends on accordion to whom you ask.

"weird Al "Polkamania" Yankovich?

have a DD214, and a honorable discharge.

And have read Thucydides.

What did he know about destroyers, fighter jets & nukes?

Just that when you have a hammer, and everything is a nail, don't
just tap, tap, tap on things. Nope, Wham! - one hit, it's done,
you're done, no body is going to ask if you mean to hit any more
nails.
When you go to war, you beat the enemy like a rented step child,
like a blacksmith with 'issues', like Ty Cobb beating the throw to
second; you pound them like pilferin’ percussionist! . Like Gene Krupa
and Buddy Rich in a duet, like Animal on a solo rift on Innagaddavida!
Pound ‘em lad, pound ‘em!
You kick ass, you don't bother taking names, as you'll be issuing
new ones shortly. It worked than as it works now, but the Athenians
forgot, and got their asses handed to them at Syracuse, and shortly
there after, the Spartan's sacked the home city too.

As the Roman's would later do, make a desert, and call it "peace".

--
pyotr filipivich

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Ivan Vegvary wrote:
[...]

All of that was just a dry run for the creation of Chicago...

have a DD214, and a honorable discharge.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Ivan Vegvary wrote:
[...]

Ayup. Best way to have a war. Makes the onlookers think mighty hard
before ramping one up of their own.

Gunner

""Almost all liberal behavioral tropes track the impotent rage of small
children. Thus, for example, there is also the popular tactic of
repeating some stupid, meaningless phrase a billion times" Arms for
hostages, arms for hostages, arms for hostages, it's just about sex, just
about sex, just about sex, dumb,dumb, money in politics,money in
politics, Enron, Enron, Enron. Nothing repeated with mind-numbing
frequency in all major news outlets will not be believed by some members
of the populace. It is the permanence of evil; you can't stop it." (Ann
Coulter)
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Ivan Vegvary wrote:
[...]

Our methods in Korea, Vietnam, Afghanistan, and Iraq2 seem to pale in
comparison, don't they? sigh

War is hell. Do it right or pay the price. (We're doing the latter.)

--
Always bear in mind that your own resolution to
succeed is more important than any one thing.
-- Abraham Lincoln
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Michael A. Terrell" on Fri, 19 Jul 2013
02:52:27 -0400 typed in rec.crafts.metalworking the following:

Ivan Vegvary wrote:
[...]

For that, I would prefer the Ottoman Army, at the gates of
Constantinople, on an April day in 1453. "Three days sack!"

"We're going to
loot, sack, pillage and burn!
Lot, sack, pillage and burn, rah rah!"

tschus
pyotr

History Majors, some of us remember some of the "not so good" Good Old
Days.

--
pyotr filipivich
"History rarely repeats herself" is the cliche. In reality she just
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Larry Jaques on Fri, 19 Jul 2013
06:03:39 -0700 typed in rec.crafts.metalworking the following:

Ivan Vegvary wrote:
[...]

Wrong modes of fighting.

The problem with Democracies and War, as Gladstone or Disraeli
observed, is that you have to whip the population up to get them to
support it. Which makes it difficult to have a short war, or a war on
short notice, for Reasons of State, which do not have a big hook with
which to catch that fish "Public Support".

War is hell. Do it right or pay the price. (We're doing the latter.)

Politics is war by other means. The Careerists in State don't
have a definitive objective, or time frame to work towards. So there
is time for Yet Another Conference on the Current Crisis. Bring your
staff, and the wife and kids "fun for the whole family."

--
pyotr filipivich

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

PrecisionmachinisT wrote:

Those were a very nice controller back in the day, but if I recall
correctly, you had to manually "park" the disc reader hears before
shutdown or you risk data loss;

DISC???

There was no disc, EVER, on a 7320. This was pretty much a
paper tape control, although you could run it in drip-feed
DNC mode, or store small programs in the memory, if you had the
local edit option. The system I got running was strictly paper
tape, I didn't even have the serial port option, so I built my
own BTR interface to a laptop.

Jon
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Ivan Vegvary wrote:
[...]

And their Gunnery Sergeant yelled above the crowd

"Remember, Loot and Pillage -FIRST-!"

--
Always bear in mind that your own resolution to
succeed is more important than any one thing.
-- Abraham Lincoln
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Larry Jaques on Sat, 20 Jul 2013
05:56:40 -0700 typed in rec.crafts.metalworking the following:

Ivan Vegvary wrote:
[...]

Shiny stuff first!

Pillage - then burn. (Is so much more romantic by firelight.)

--
pyotr filipivich
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

replying to Jon Elson, Captain Cosmo wrote:
i will buy it

--
for full context, visit https://www.polytechforum.com/metalw...le-580003-.htm

OT Bradley Manning Tim W Woodworking 38 December 27th 10 08:15 PM
Allen Bradley 1305 VFD [email protected] Metalworking 3 December 28th 07 05:01 PM
Rockwell Allen Bradley Programming Software, RSLogix 5, RSLogix 500, RS Linx, RSLogix 5000, version 2007, 1 DVD [email protected] Metalworking 0 July 23rd 07 05:40 PM
Woodworking books for sale (routers, finishing , cabinets, dust control) etc chris Woodworking 3 June 25th 05 08:49 PM
Does anyone know where I can find Allen Bradley's Ultra Master servo tuning software cheap. Star Metalworking 0 October 31st 03 11:26 AM