DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Where can I get a metric woodruff cutter? (https://www.diybanter.com/metalworking/359372-where-can-i-get-metric-woodruff-cutter.html)

Randy333 June 27th 13 08:57 PM

Where can I get a metric woodruff cutter?

I need to cut 2 keyseats, 8mm x 22mm dia. cannot find any place that
sells metric cutters.

McMaster has the keys, but no cutters.

Also striking out on 28mm ID x 31mm OD bronze bushings. 30mm length.

Any help?

Remove 333 to reply.
Randy

David Billington June 27th 13 10:03 PM

On 27/06/13 20:57, Randy333 wrote:
I need to cut 2 keyseats, 8mm x 22mm dia. cannot find any place that
sells metric cutters.

McMaster has the keys, but no cutters.

Also striking out on 28mm ID x 31mm OD bronze bushings. 30mm length.

Any help?

Remove 333 to reply.
Randy

Have you looked much for sources. The bushes are an odd size as both
those dimensions are none preferred sizes but here is a source
http://www.clark-engineering.com%2Fm...nze-bushes.pdf
.. What is the application.

David Billington June 27th 13 10:15 PM

On 27/06/13 22:03, David Billington wrote:
On 27/06/13 20:57, Randy333 wrote:
I need to cut 2 keyseats, 8mm x 22mm dia. cannot find any place that
sells metric cutters.

McMaster has the keys, but no cutters.

Also striking out on 28mm ID x 31mm OD bronze bushings. 30mm length.

Any help?

Remove 333 to reply.
Randy

Have you looked much for sources. The bushes are an odd size as both
those dimensions are none preferred sizes but here is a source
http://www.clark-engineering.com%2Fm...nze-bushes.pdf
. What is the application.

Try
http://www.clark-engineering.com/med...nze-bushes.pdf
for a working link.

Randy333 June 28th 13 03:09 PM

Where can I get a metric woodruff cutter?

On Thu, 27 Jun 2013 22:15:36 +0100, David Billington
wrote:

On 27/06/13 22:03, David Billington wrote:
On 27/06/13 20:57, Randy333 wrote:
I need to cut 2 keyseats, 8mm x 22mm dia. cannot find any place that
sells metric cutters.

McMaster has the keys, but no cutters.

Also striking out on 28mm ID x 31mm OD bronze bushings. 30mm length.

Any help?

Remove 333 to reply.
Randy

Have you looked much for sources. The bushes are an odd size as both
those dimensions are none preferred sizes but here is a source

. What is the application.

Try
http://www.clark-engineering.com/med...nze-bushes.pdf
for a working link.

For a shaft that does about a 1/2 revolution as the machine cycles.
Has a shaft with a gear on each end that mate with 2 rack gears to
keep a plate moving parallel. Hydraulic cylinder in the middle,
machine jamed, 1.378" plate bent along with the shaft. Took apart and
the bushings are worn through, shaft has a 1/4" bow in it. Customer
will try with the plate straightened out, the rest needs replaced, too
bad to fix.

I think I'm just going to mnachine my own bushings, don't want to
order them from overseas. Turning a new shft from 1-1/8" bar.

Will most likely end up cutting shaft for 8mm standard key instead of
a woodruff.

Remove 333 to reply.
Randy