DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   clausen c1340s lathe,,,, i broke the shear pin on the auto feed, the treaded rod (https://www.diybanter.com/metalworking/353905-clausen-c1340s-lathe-i-broke-shear-pin-auto-feed-treaded-rod.html)

paul March 9th 13 06:18 PM

clausen c1340s lathe,,,, i broke the shear pin on the auto feed, the treaded rod

i resently purchased a clausen c1340s lathe, in setting up the drive went too
far and wedged to the far left, and popped the shear pin on the threaded feed
rod inside the gear houseing in the oil holding tank, i don't have a manual
yet, i'm not sure what to do to take it apart ,,,help

--
posted from
http://www.polytechforum.com/metalwo...-f-570328-.htm

Ed Huntress March 9th 13 06:31 PM

clausen c1340s lathe,,,, i broke the shear pin on the auto feed, the treaded rod

On Sat, 09 Mar 2013 18:18:01 +0000, paul
wrote:

i resently purchased a clausen c1340s lathe,

Wphwew, that IS an oldie. g

'Sorry, I don't know the Clausen, so I can't help. But owning a 1940s
South Bend myself, it's likely that there's nothing difficult about
it. Most things are a little time-consuming but not really hard.

Good luck with it!

--
Ed Huntress

Jim Stewart March 10th 13 01:55 AM

wrote:

i resently purchased a clausen c1340s lathe,

Wphwew, that IS an oldie. g

'Sorry, I don't know the Clausen, so I can't help. But owning a 1940s
South Bend myself, it's likely that there's nothing difficult about
it. Most things are a little time-consuming but not really hard.

Good luck with it!

My first *real* metal lathe project
was in high school. It was to turn
a replacement shear pin that the class