Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default AR-15 & M16 Bolt Carrier groups

On Sun, 10 Mar 2013 22:00:56 -0400, Ed Huntress
wrote:

On Sun, 10 Mar 2013 12:46:44 -0700, Gunner
wrote:

On Sun, 10 Mar 2013 10:27:38 -0400, Ed Huntress
wrote:

On Sun, 10 Mar 2013 04:32:02 -0700, Gunner
wrote:

On Sat, 09 Mar 2013 22:27:56 -0500, Ed Huntress
wrote:

On Sat, 09 Mar 2013 18:54:54 -0800, Gunner
wrote:

On Thu, 07 Mar 2013 00:03:03 -0500, Ed Huntress
wrote:

Implying that .223's are good for killing first graders, what about the
adults Lanza killed? How many shots did it take to kill an adult?

Apparently he shot everyone multiple times. That's what the coroner
said in public statements, but we still haven't seen the full police
report.

Oddly enough..everything on the case has been sealed closed.

I wonder why?

'Don't know. Do you think it's a conspiracy by the Democrats?

I think its very troubling.

They're starting to work out the psychology of people like you, to
figure out why you're so paranoid. It may be genetic:

Like me? Interesting that Im not a crazed and frightened anti-gun
kook isnt it? I go any damned place I want. Why wouldnt I? Im
armed.

So you're not afraid because you have a gun. Otherwise, you'd be
afrain, right?

In many places I have to go, yes indeed.

http://www.upi.com/Health_News/2013/...0771360537375/

1. Lie
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Mon, 11 Mar 2013 00:14:53 -0500, "RogerN"
wrote:

I ordered a Colt M16A1 parts kit mostly because of the unavailability/high
price of bolt carriers.

I found prints on M16 receivers:
http://www.firearmfiles.com/files/AR...0us%20army.pdf

Would it be illegal to machine the receiver to M16 specs even though I'm
using an AR-15 lower parts kit in it? And, per the BATF, I won't even have
the parts to assemble a full auto, I might have the ability to make the
final piece(s) in short order though.

Someone was telling me that you can make an adapter to put an oil filter on
the muzzle and it was supposed to make a pretty good silencer, anyone here
ever heard of such?

It's on Youtube.

With the little bit of looking I have done, I think a person could bend some
music wire or a coat hanger around the selector so that when the bolt goes
full forward, it pushes the wire that pushes down the disconnector. If
that's the case, going from semi-auto to full auto would take a few minutes
to install the wire and tweak it in. And then I stumbled on something
called a "Lightning link" or something like that. It would be fun to visit
a free country and play with it, I figure that after I shot $100 or so worth
of ammo I'd be satisfied to dispose of the full auto parts and leave the
free country returning back to the USSA.

RogerN

Which "free country" (that allows the private ownership of machine
guns) are you referring to?
--
Cheers,

John B.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Mon, 11 Mar 2013 03:51:14 -0700, Gunner
wrote:

On Sun, 10 Mar 2013 22:15:27 -0400, Ed Huntress
wrote:

On Sun, 10 Mar 2013 12:54:16 -0700, Gunner
wrote:

On Sun, 10 Mar 2013 14:07:53 -0400, Ed Huntress
wrote:

On Sun, 10 Mar 2013 11:19:31 -0500, "RogerN"
wrote:

om...

wrote:

Implying that .223's are good for killing first graders, what about the
adults Lanza killed? How many shots did it take to kill an adult?

Apparently he shot everyone multiple times. That's what the coroner
said in public statements, but we still haven't seen the full police
report.

Oddly enough..everything on the case has been sealed closed.

I wonder why?

'Don't know. Do you think it's a conspiracy by the Democrats?

--
Ed Huntress

Sealed closed, just like "Fast and Furious"? Nothing to be suspicious
about, here, have some more kool-aid.

RogerN

So, you think that the Newtown police are conspiring to keep the facts
of the case from the public?

Why would they do that? And what do you think they're keeping hidden?

Very good question. And the media is asking it. And not getting any
answers.

When did you start agreeing with the judgment of the media?

Even a stopped clock is right, 2x a day.

Why would a open and shut case be sealed closed?

Maybe because it's not open and shut? Or maybe because the Newtown
police are sick and tired of being harrassed by the gun lobbyists on
both sides and by the media, for scurrilous details?

Which details would those be?

Like how many holes were in the heads of each tot, versus how many
holes were in their torsos?

I can picture being a top cop in Newtown, somewhere in the midst of
preparing a report, giving out what they know, and then changing some
detail before the investigation is complete because better information
came along. And then the headline on Fox News:

Im sure you can picture all sorts of strange and wierd things.

"Police Deny Political Pressure Made Them Change Sandy Hook Story"

Who needs it? They'll release their report when they're ready.

Sure they will. Lets hope the puplic gets to see the details from the
logs etc.

Gunner

1. Lie

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

[...]

That's what the research is beginning to show.

--
Ed Huntress

http://www.upi.com/Health_News/2013/...0771360537375/

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

news:ecvnj857k5f7ljgblb6tq78u2hp3do20qt@4ax. com...

wrote:

[...]

So they can withhold the graphic photos. Lots of other stuff the Media
wants to see.

That's typical of most crime evidence, they don't hand out photos of
the victims in most cases. However...all the evidence is released.

So why is it all locked and sealed? A very interesting question.

1. Lie

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Mon, 11 Mar 2013 09:26:51 -0400, Ed Huntress
wrote:

Like me? Interesting that Im not a crazed and frightened anti-gun
kook isnt it? I go any damned place I want. Why wouldnt I? Im
armed.

So you're not afraid because you have a gun. Otherwise, you'd be
afrain, right?

In many places I have to go, yes indeed.

That's what the research is beginning to show.

--
Ed Huntress

Thats why the cops run 2 man cars in those areas as well.

Shrug

Gunner

1. Lie
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Tue, 12 Mar 2013 00:59:25 -0800, GunnerAsch
GunneraschATgmailDOTcom wrote:

snip

As I recall, you trained some gang bangers how to shoot handguns, out
in the desert, remember?

If you call Hassidic Jews gangbangers....yes.

You've changed THAT story, I see. g

He couldn't possibly remember all his stupid lies... without some
help. Here's one where he's showing a car load of gangbangers how to
shoot their 9s.
https://groups.google.com/d/msg/alt....A/hrLrN9lKNIoJ

You seem to have missed posting all of it. VBG

"A number of years ago, I and several friends were at an impromtu
range
above Los Angeles, where there was a car load of gang bangers, waving
their 9mms around, holding them sideways, trying to shoot 5 gallon
buckets at 15 yrds (not particularly sucessfully) etc etc. All the
while bragging how good a shot they were. Typical gangbanger
mentality.

We had brought out a few cases of 2 liter pop bottles filled with
water and allowed them to try to hit a few at 25 yrds. Generally
unsucessfully.

One of the old guys in my party indicated that they really ought to
learn to shoot, in case the Bad Times comes, and they wind up trying
to take on Citizens and the gangbangers thought this was funny, until
he put out 6 bottles, spaced at random, and blew them all to bits, no
misses in somewhat less than 3 seconds, which for most regular
shooters, is about average.

We then put out some 10, 2 liter bottles at 300 yrds, and proceded to
blow them to bits, offhand, in a "mad minute" lasting about 10 seconds
with rifles.

Much foot shuffling from the "underprivelged urban youths", when a
very pointed observation was made that while other "underprivliged
urban youts" might be easy targets...that Citizens may respond a bit
more accurately and quickly. While only 1 out of 20 Citizens might be
able to shoot well, that means about 60 million Citizens would be
shooting back, accurately and rapidly at those they consider Bad Guy,
Gangsters and so forth. and it only takes a few Citizens to thin the
ranks of the bad people dramaticly, and there are no replacements
waiting at the Repdepo.

There was a bit of a gong set up high on the mountainside..probably
800 meters away, and one of my guys started ringing it with each shot,
and the observation was made..that even in the city...if the Citizens
got really ****ed off...the bullet that killed a Bad Guy could come
from much much farther than they realized....

That was it! That's what made the story so...literary. The gong. It
was the deux ex machina device that told us you had reached a
new...uh, artistic level..

snip
--
Ed Huntress
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Mon, 04 Mar 2013 05:42:10 -0800, Gunner
wrote:

snip
Treat it like a disease and find out the root causes.
Personally..I suspect we will find its been the pyschotropic meds that
have been handed out lately by the car load.

snip

More "stuff" floats to the surface...

http://www.forbes.com/sites/rebeccar...tudy-findings/

Its a fine line between suicidal and homicidal...

==And this is just the vets.==

--
Unka' George

"Gold is the money of kings,
silver is the money of gentlemen,
barter is the money of peasants,
but debt is the money of slaves"

-Norm Franz, "Money and Wealth in the New Millenium"
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"F. George McDuffee" wrote in
message ...
wrote:

snip
Treat it like a disease and find out the root causes.
Personally..I suspect we will find its been the pyschotropic meds
that
have been handed out lately by the car load.

This dystopian sci-fi film postulates the ultimate side effects of a
common drug:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Serenity_(film)

It's based on the TV series "Firefly" and partly assumes the audience
already knows the complex relationships among the characters who pop
in without much explanation.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Thu, 14 Mar 2013 16:58:28 -0400, "Jim Wilkins"
wrote:

"F. George McDuffee" wrote in
message ...
wrote:

snip
Treat it like a disease and find out the root causes.
Personally..I suspect we will find its been the pyschotropic meds
that
have been handed out lately by the car load.

This dystopian sci-fi film postulates the ultimate side effects of a
common drug:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Serenity_(film)

It's based on the TV series "Firefly" and partly assumes the audience
already knows the complex relationships among the characters who pop
in without much explanation.

Fun movie and really great, campy series.

--
Self-development is a higher duty than self-sacrifice.
-- Elizabeth Cady Stanton

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

snip
Treat it like a disease and find out the root causes.
Personally..I suspect we will find its been the pyschotropic meds that
have been handed out lately by the car load.

snip

More "stuff" floats to the surface...

http://www.forbes.com/sites/rebeccar...tudy-findings/

Its a fine line between suicidal and homicidal...

==And this is just the vets.==

http://vran.org/health-risks/gulf-wa...f-bio-warfare/

http://www.whale.to/vaccines/army.html

1. Lie

wtf with google groups? Andrew Gabriel UK diy 0 November 28th 09 01:10 AM
groups [email protected] Metalworking 0 September 14th 07 04:33 PM
other discussion groups? [email protected] Woodworking 6 April 15th 05 07:18 PM
any groups in NY? MARSHA DEVINE Woodturning 2 March 20th 05 03:28 AM
Why heat bolt and not around bolt? Don Metalworking 21 March 12th 04 11:07 PM