Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default [OT] Second Ammendment Question

On Tue, 26 Feb 2013 12:49:00 -0500, "Michael A. Terrell"
wrote:

Larry Jaques wrote:

On Tue, 26 Feb 2013 01:15:35 -0500, "Michael A. Terrell"
wrote:

Larry Jaques wrote:

On Mon, 25 Feb 2013 22:38:29 -0500, "Michael A. Terrell"
wrote:

Larry Jaques wrote:

On Mon, 25 Feb 2013 02:47:10 -0500, "Michael A. Terrell"
wrote:

pyotr filipivich wrote:

"I'm a-coming Beenie Boy!" - Cecil the Seasick Sea Serpent.

I figured you more for an 'El Kabooong!' type.

I couldn't go to school without first seeing an episode of Deputy Dawg
when I was 7, I guess.

And you'd still do it at 70, if some station would run them. ;-)

Nah. I'm only 59, BTW. I'd watch Lloyd Bridges' 'Sea Hunt', though.
And I'd watch any older cartoon before watching any of the complete
trash animations they call "cartoons" nowadays. The new cartoon
characters are downright offensive!

http://www.archive.org has some old cartoons that are in the public
domain. Lots of Buggs Bunny & Daffy Duck on Youtube.

I won't ask _why_ you know that. wink

I looked for them when I was too sick to work for a couple weeks.

Sure you did. Uh, huh.

needed something to distract me from the pain so I didn't fire up the
Sawsall and take off my left leg.

Hayseuss Crisco, boy. Doncha know that a routah would have left a
much more decorative edge?

--
When a quiet man is moved to passion, it seems the very earth will shake.
-- Stephanie Barron
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

pyotr filipivich wrote:

"I'm a-coming Beenie Boy!" - Cecil the Seasick Sea Serpent.

I figured you more for an 'El Kabooong!' type.

I couldn't go to school without first seeing an episode of Deputy Dawg
when I was 7, I guess.

And you'd still do it at 70, if some station would run them. ;-)

Nah. I'm only 59, BTW. I'd watch Lloyd Bridges' 'Sea Hunt', though.
And I'd watch any older cartoon before watching any of the complete
trash animations they call "cartoons" nowadays. The new cartoon
characters are downright offensive!

http://www.archive.org has some old cartoons that are in the public
domain. Lots of Buggs Bunny & Daffy Duck on Youtube.

I won't ask _why_ you know that. wink

I looked for them when I was too sick to work for a couple weeks.

Sure you did. Uh, huh.

Beleive what you want. I spent way too much time in the hospital
bed. I woke after less than four hours sleep tonight. Once I'm awake I
can't get back to sleep because of pain.

needed something to distract me from the pain so I didn't fire up the
Sawsall and take off my left leg.

Hayseuss Crisco, boy. Doncha know that a routah would have left a
much more decorative edge?

It would have taken too long.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2/26/2013 4:42 PM, Ed Huntress wrote:
On Tue, 26 Feb 2013 16:29:58 -0500, Tom Gardner Mars@Tacks wrote:

On 2/25/2013 9:38 AM, Ed Huntress wrote:
On Mon, 25 Feb 2013 05:22:54 -0500, Tom Gardner Mars@Tacks wrote:

On 2/24/2013 1:06 PM, Ed Huntress wrote:

Make a sensible argument, and I'll be all ears. So far, you haven't
done much of that.

Perfectly sensible. Registration = confiscation at some time in the
near future.

We've had handgun registration in NJ since 1966, IIRC. How much longer
are we supposed to wait for confiscation?

License people to own guns but registration will lead to
confiscation! If you don't see that it's because you refuse to.

I don't "see" it because I don't see it. Do you see it? Where do you
see it?

How about NYC? No? Hmmm...

It may be, somewhere, but all I've seen is the movies that run in the
heads of paranoid gun nutz.

You said the Christians in the ME would never be persecuted and
murdered.

You keep saying that, but you've provided no example. I don't think I
ever said that. You were talking about them being "rounded up," like
the Nazis did with the Jews, and I said I didn't believe that would
happen. Whatever conflicts ensued between Muslimes and Christians, it
would be more like drive-by murders or gang attacks. And that's pretty
much what has happened since.

If you have an example, I'll correct my memory.

You were blind then as now. You don't see the camel's nose
in the tent.

snore

It's OK, they are only taking away the Jews!

They were rounding them up and slaughtering them!

It would never matter what I say. I'll put a spelling error in all my
posts from now on so you have a way to prove me wrong.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

http://www.archive.org has some old cartoons that are in the public
domain. Lots of Buggs Bunny & Daffy Duck on Youtube.

I won't ask _why_ you know that. wink

I looked for them when I was too sick to work for a couple weeks.

Sure you did. Uh, huh.

Beleive what you want. I spent way too much time in the hospital
bed. I woke after less than four hours sleep tonight. Once I'm awake I
can't get back to sleep because of pain.

I hear ya. I'm no stranger to pain and feel that doctors should have
at least one broken bone or something to familiarize themselves with
it before getting their licenses. I'm very lucky that my injuries to
my back were minimal, but a portion of the pain persists today, 28
years later. Mine was never nearly as bad as yours appears to be.
Tramadol is managing most of mine, but it doesn't cover the muscle
pain well. At least I'm not hooked on opiates.

Condolences on your pain level. It's a true and definite hell.

needed something to distract me from the pain so I didn't fire up the
Sawsall and take off my left leg.

Hayseuss Crisco, boy. Doncha know that a routah would have left a
much more decorative edge?

It would have taken too long.

Yabbut...

--
When a quiet man is moved to passion, it seems the very earth will shake.
-- Stephanie Barron
(Something for the Powers That Be to remember, eh?)
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

[...]

All I get is for the diabetic pain.

needed something to distract me from the pain so I didn't fire up the
Sawsall and take off my left leg.

Hayseuss Crisco, boy. Doncha know that a routah would have left a
much more decorative edge?

It would have taken too long.

Yabbut...

You'll bleed out if it takes too long.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Wed, 27 Feb 2013 06:57:57 -0800, Larry Jaques
wrote:

Beleive what you want. I spent way too much time in the hospital
bed. I woke after less than four hours sleep tonight. Once I'm awake I
can't get back to sleep because of pain.

I hear ya. I'm no stranger to pain and feel that doctors should have
at least one broken bone or something to familiarize themselves with
it before getting their licenses. I'm very lucky that my injuries to
my back were minimal, but a portion of the pain persists today, 28
years later. Mine was never nearly as bad as yours appears to be.
Tramadol is managing most of mine, but it doesn't cover the muscle
pain well. At least I'm not hooked on opiates.

Condolences on your pain level. It's a true and definite hell.

Ive had (2) back surgeries. My doctor in both cases was Dr James
Johnston. My last back surgery was performed the day before Dr.
Johnston had HIS first back surgery.

We sorta recovered together. During one of the post surgery
visits..to get the staples out in fact...he was standing there with a
rather red face and the staple remover in his hands..trembling. I
asked him.."back bothering you Doc"..as he still had his staples in
place...chuckle.

He looked me in the face and said.."Mark..Ive been a neurosurgeon for
40 yrs...and all this time..I thought you guys were being ****ing
pussies (direct quote) about the "discomfort" after surgery. Now Im
one of you..and Ill never use the term discomfort again. It ****ing
hurts! Im so sorry for thinking that way!

We had a guy moment. There I was.., him sitting on the exam table
crying and me patting him on the shoulder and trying to give him
comfort.

He had patients to see..and couldnt take all of his pain meds. Like a
lot of his patients who had responsiblities..and couldnt take all of
their pain meds.

Sometimes...people get on the opposite side..and find out what reality
really means.

Gunner

1. Lie
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Wed, 27 Feb 2013 07:13:59 -0500, Tom Gardner Mars@Tacks wrote:

[...]

Pretty lame, Tom. Is that the best sarcasm you can come up with these
days? You used to have such a good line of bull.

--
Ed Huntress

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

[...]

I hear that's no fun. Feet, or other area?

needed something to distract me from the pain so I didn't fire up the
Sawsall and take off my left leg.

Hayseuss Crisco, boy. Doncha know that a routah would have left a
much more decorative edge?

It would have taken too long.

Yabbut...

You'll bleed out if it takes too long.

Soak it in alum solution. (Masochists love it!)

--
When a quiet man is moved to passion, it seems the very earth will shake.
-- Stephanie Barron
(Something for the Powers That Be to remember, eh?)
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

[...]

Bravo for the doctor.

We had a guy moment. There I was.., him sitting on the exam table
crying and me patting him on the shoulder and trying to give him
comfort.

Weird, huh?

He had patients to see..and couldnt take all of his pain meds. Like a
lot of his patients who had responsiblities..and couldnt take all of
their pain meds.

Yeah, but WTF was he doing working while he recovered? I'd be really
****ed if my doctor was either in extreme pain or doped up while he
worked on me, lemme tell ya. Both reduce your focus by giant amounts.

Sometimes...people get on the opposite side..and find out what reality
really means.

CONgresscritters should spend a week either homeless or on a normal
man's budget. (I'd really like them to see them even -try- to live on
my income.)

--
When a quiet man is moved to passion, it seems the very earth will shake.
-- Stephanie Barron
(Something for the Powers That Be to remember, eh?)
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

[...]

Mostly my hands, but the swelling in my legs is painful & annoying.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

[...]

He was doing follow ups of the last patients he had operated on before
his surgery. Guy was good, very responsible, a very good doctor. And
an Ex Colonel..ex Army doctor.. He did my back twice and we had some
common backgrounds/AOs. He is somewhere in his early 70s now..I dont
know if he is retired or not. He still shows up as connected to
several clinics in Bakersfield.

He was the guy that cursed me rather soundly in a very military
fashion.... for coming in after my first surgery to get the staples
out of my back...and noticing my leathers and motorcycle helmet on the
table in the corner. Shrug.

Sometimes...people get on the opposite side..and find out what reality
really means.

CONgresscritters should spend a week either homeless or on a normal
man's budget. (I'd really like them to see them even -try- to live on
my income.)

Make em spend a month that way. A week is an "unusual vacation in a
third world nation".

It would be most entertaining, eye opening and very educational.

Gunner

1. Lie
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:
Yeah, but WTF was he doing working while he recovered? I'd be really
****ed if my doctor was either in extreme pain or doped up while he
worked on me, lemme tell ya. Both reduce your focus by giant amounts.

He was doing follow ups of the last patients he had operated on before
his surgery. Guy was good, very responsible, a very good doctor. And
an Ex Colonel..ex Army doctor.. He did my back twice and we had some
common backgrounds/AOs. He is somewhere in his early 70s now..I dont
know if he is retired or not. He still shows up as connected to
several clinics in Bakersfield.

Oh, that makes a difference. It takes a good man to go through that
for his patients.

He was the guy that cursed me rather soundly in a very military
fashion.... for coming in after my first surgery to get the staples
out of my back...and noticing my leathers and motorcycle helmet on the
table in the corner. Shrug.

Sometimes...people get on the opposite side..and find out what reality
really means.

CONgresscritters should spend a week either homeless or on a normal
man's budget. (I'd really like them to see them even -try- to live on
my income.)

Make em spend a month that way. A week is an "unusual vacation in a
third world nation".

It would be most entertaining, eye opening and very educational.

Yes, wouldn't it? And covert video of each new experience would be
instantly viral, wouldn't it?

--
When a quiet man is moved to passion, it seems the very earth will shake.
-- Stephanie Barron
(Something for the Powers That Be to remember, eh?)
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Fri, 01 Mar 2013 23:38:41 -0800, pyotr filipivich
wrote:

Gunner on Tue, 26 Feb 2013 10:24:57 -0800 typed
On Tue, 26 Feb 2013 07:26:51 -0500, Ed Huntress
wrote:

On Mon, 25 Feb 2013 22:35:36 -0500, "Stormin Mormon"
wrote:

When I was in school, we learned of a concept
called "ex post facto". It's not legal for the
government to change the law later, and make
something legal (when you did it) into illegal,
later.

Later, changed the law to make them illegal.
That's a violation of a very old principle.

Which some buttheads don't understand.

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
.

Since ex post facto laws are prohibited by the US Constitution,
Article 1, Section 9, it seems likey that you don't understand what an
ex post facto law is, or that the story below is a bunch of bull.

Say, which government decided to add all misdemeanor domestic
violence convictions to the list of felonies which barred you from
legal possession. Not just the new ones, but the old ones too. From
before the law was passed.

Is that something like a new law that forces sex offenders to
register, years after they were convicted?

Neither one is ex post facto criminal law:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ex_post...#United_States

--
Ed Huntress
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

pyotr filipivich wrote:

Michael A. Terrell wrote:

pyotr filipivich wrote:

"I'm a-coming Beenie Boy!" - Cecil the Seasick Sea Serpent.

I figured you more for an 'El Kabooong!' type.

In my yuout' I was a rather indiscriminate consumer of Television
programming. But I like the ones with the word play better.

Betty Boop?
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

pyotr filipivich wrote:

"Michael A. Terrell" on Mon, 25 Feb 2013
02:51:14 -0500 typed in rec.crafts.metalworking the following:

pyotr filipivich wrote:

"Michael A. Terrell" on Sun, 24 Feb 2013
22:59:11 -0500 typed in rec.crafts.metalworking the following:

Tom Gardner wrote:

Ed would self-destruct if he had to even CONSIDER a non-left position.

What's the down side to that?

It could be messy.

But - buzzards got to eat, same as worms.

Isn't worms eating trolls a form of cannibalism?

Recycling. The worms aren't picky.

Neither are trolls. Except for their bloody noses.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

pyotr filipivich wrote:

"Michael A. Terrell" on Tue, 26 Feb 2013
12:49:00 -0500 typed in rec.crafts.metalworking the following:

wrote:

pyotr filipivich wrote:

"I'm a-coming Beenie Boy!" - Cecil the Seasick Sea Serpent.

I figured you more for an 'El Kabooong!' type.

I couldn't go to school without first seeing an episode of Deputy Dawg
when I was 7, I guess.

And you'd still do it at 70, if some station would run them. ;-)

Nah. I'm only 59, BTW. I'd watch Lloyd Bridges' 'Sea Hunt', though.
And I'd watch any older cartoon before watching any of the complete
trash animations they call "cartoons" nowadays. The new cartoon
characters are downright offensive!

http://www.archive.org has some old cartoons that are in the public
domain. Lots of Buggs Bunny & Daffy Duck on Youtube.

I won't ask _why_ you know that. wink

I looked for them when I was too sick to work for a couple weeks. I
needed something to distract me from the pain so I didn't fire up the
Sawsall and take off my left leg.

Laughter is good for you too.

It can keep you from doing something stupid.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Tom Gardner wrote:

Tom Gardner wrote:

Michael A. Terrell wrote:

http://www.harborfreight.com/propane-torch-with-push-button-igniter-91037.html

I WANT one!

6272 Pearl Rd, Parma Heights, OH 44130
(440) 886-2170

I have a "modified bitumin" roof coating or commonly called a melt-down
roof. A torch is used for installation and repair. So, I'll go get me one!

It just went on sale:

http://widgets.harborfreight.com/wswidgets/common/displayCoupon.do?week=more_coupons&campaign=wkend0 30413_dynamic&page=coupon1.html&cust=02000657680&k eycode=1004&single=true
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Michael A. Terrell" on Sat, 02 Mar 2013
15:25:27 -0500 typed in rec.crafts.metalworking the following:

pyotr filipivich wrote:

Michael A. Terrell wrote:

pyotr filipivich wrote:

"I'm a-coming Beenie Boy!" - Cecil the Seasick Sea Serpent.

I figured you more for an 'El Kabooong!' type.

In my yuout' I was a rather indiscriminate consumer of Television
programming. But I like the ones with the word play better.

Betty Boop?

I don't recall any Betty Boop till I was much older. Early
Popeye, OTOH....

--
pyotr filipivich
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

pyotr filipivich wrote:

I don't recall any Betty Boop till I was much older. Early
Popeye, OTOH....

Betty Boop was better looking.