Old September 6th 18, 11:20 PM posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Homemade industrial wire stripper

On 2018-09-06 18:28:53 +0000, said:

On Tuesday, January 15, 2013 at 9:14:17 PM UTC-5, Ignoramus31473 wrote:
I would like to make a wire stripper. And by this, I do not mean those
"look, mommy, I made a wire stripper from a knife blade and toy car
wheels". I mean a powered industrial machine that is a) Safe in use
b) Can strip significant amount of wire per hour
c) Strips cables up to 1 inch thick.

I can find a gear motor and other equipment without problems, I just
wanted to see if anyone was aware of similar projects that worked out
well. i

I found a good machine that you can make (I am going to make one also).
This machine requires some rollers from an old excerise machine, a
motor, belt and some wood. It does not have any blades at all, and the
insulation is burnt off using only friction. This stripper can handle
any type of wire you throw at it. You can see it in action here with
instructions on how to build it;
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DQr6QwacJHQ

Good luck!
Rich

I used one once that was made from a gear head motor, cutter[as in a
wheel from a pipe cutter] which was spring loaded against a serrated
wheel which drove the wire through and split the insulation.
I don't think you could make one like this that would take a wide range
of wire. The whole thing was mounted on the gear head.
CP

Old December 14th 18, 03:55 AM posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

在 2013年1月16日星期三 UTC+8上午10:14:17,Ignoramus31473写道:
I would like to make a wire stripper. And by this, I do not mean those
"look, mommy, I made a wire stripper from a knife blade and toy car
wheels".

I mean a powered industrial machine that is

a) Safe in use
b) Can strip significant amount of wire per hour
c) Strips cables up to 1 inch thick.

I can find a gear motor and other equipment without problems, I just
wanted to see if anyone was aware of similar projects that worked out
well.

what should i care when stripping heavy duty multi core power cord?

i spend almost one week to source a machine ,but just can not assure if the machine can work for that?

how about this machine?
https://www.fd-machinery.com/product...ip-crimp/.html

Any one has experience?
Old December 14th 18, 03:56 AM posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

在 2013年1月16日星期三 UTC+8上午10:14:17,Ignoramus31473写道:
I would like to make a wire stripper. And by this, I do not mean those
"look, mommy, I made a wire stripper from a knife blade and toy car
wheels".

I mean a powered industrial machine that is

a) Safe in use
b) Can strip significant amount of wire per hour
c) Strips cables up to 1 inch thick.

I can find a gear motor and other equipment without problems, I just
wanted to see if anyone was aware of similar projects that worked out
well.

there are already many economic choice for wire stripping machines,maybe you do not need to do it your self,just choose a right factory.

we do wire assembly business,our factory use a strpping for multi core power cable

https://www.fd-machinery.com/product...ip-crimp/.html

Hope this can help you
Old December 17th 18, 03:51 AM posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Used a homemade one once. It worked fairly well if you aren't going in
production.

It consisted of a gear head motor [don't remember the rpm, use some
judgment] with a drive wheel like a used cog wheel pully. Against this
was a spring loaded, adjustable cutter wheel from a common pipe cutter.

Also saw a pro unit that had 4 cutter wheels like the home made unit.

CP

Holub Wire Stripper Mike Dobony Home Repair 9 May 27th 17 08:44 PM
C.K Automatic Wire Stripper The Medway Handyman UK diy 10 January 7th 12 11:47 PM
better wire stripper and crimp pins Karl Townsend Metalworking 16 November 23rd 10 04:14 AM
Wire stripper James[_4_] UK diy 24 January 20th 08 02:08 PM
A decent automatic wire stripper. Sylvain VAN DER WALDE UK diy 4 February 2nd 07 05:14 PM