Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Old fart honey question

My wife has some honey that her mom put up about ten to fifteen years ago.
Some have comb in it. It had started to crystallize. We put it in hot
water for a time, and the crystals disappeared. Now, the comb has melted.
How do we separate the wax from the honey?

I figured there were enough old people here to find someone who knew this.
The foodie newsgroups on the Internet are not user friendly unless you are a
member of the ruling cabal.

Steve

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Steve B" wrote in message
My wife has some honey that her mom put up about
ten to fifteen years ago. Some have comb in it.
It had started to crystallize. We put it in hot
water for a time, and the crystals disappeared.
Now, the comb has melted. How do we separate the
wax from the honey?

I figured there were enough old people here to
find someone who knew this. The foodie
newsgroups on the Internet are not user friendly
unless you are a member of the ruling cabal.

Steve

http://www.benefits-of-honey.com/honey-storage.html

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Tue, 1 Jan 2013 22:28:34 -0500, "Phil Kangas"
wrote:

"Steve B" wrote in message
My wife has some honey that her mom put up about
ten to fifteen years ago. Some have comb in it.
It had started to crystallize. We put it in hot
water for a time, and the crystals disappeared.
Now, the comb has melted. How do we separate the
wax from the honey?

Cool it again and drain the honey from the wax?
I doubt it would hurt you to ingest it, though.

--
You can ignore reality, but you cannot ignore
the consequences of ignoring reality.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Tuesday, January 1, 2013 8:53:48 PM UTC-6, Steve B wrote:
My wife has some honey that her mom put up about ten to fifteen years ago.

Some have comb in it. It had started to crystallize. We put it in hot

water for a time, and the crystals disappeared. Now, the comb has melted.

How do we separate the wax from the honey?

I figured there were enough old people here to find someone who knew this.

The foodie newsgroups on the Internet are not user friendly unless you are a

member of the ruling cabal.

Steve

Many people eat the whole honey comb for the health benefits.
They pay extra for the honey comb which is normally has the wax separated for sale as wax.

You are lucky...
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Cross-Slide" wrote in message
[...]

Uh, it is impossible to get the crystallized honey out of the jar and the
combs. Any ideas?

Steve

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Wednesday, January 2, 2013 10:43:14 AM UTC-6, Steve B wrote:
[...]

Once it is warm enough, the crystallized honey Will melt.
If you do not get it ALL melted, the crystals will start re-form starting from the remaining crystal "seeds"
It is a supersaturated/highly saturated sugar solution, so it is trying to grow crystals, all it needs are "seeds" which the un-melted crystals will provide.

If it is hot enough to melt, the crystals Will melt..

It's delicious!
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Wed, 2 Jan 2013 09:43:14 -0700, "Steve B" wrote:

[...]

Put it in a pot of boiling water. When it all melts..pour it out.

Gunner

1. Lie
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Steve B" wrote in message
My wife has some honey that her mom put up about ten to fifteen years ago.
Some have comb in it. It had started to crystallize. We put it in hot
water for a time, and the crystals disappeared. Now, the comb has melted.
How do we separate the wax from the honey?

I figured there were enough old people here to find someone who knew this.
The foodie newsgroups on the Internet are not user friendly unless you are
a member of the ruling cabal.

My gawd you are stupid.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

plonk

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Wed, 2 Jan 2013 10:26:22 -0800, "PrecisionmachinisT"
wrote:

"Steve B" wrote in message

The foodie newsgroups on the Internet are not user friendly unless you are
a member of the ruling cabal.

My gawd you are stupid.

They're born stupid and they live stupid lives. And then when they're
retired and have the time and the technology to finally learn
something, they use it instead to get stupider. At least worldnutdaily
etc. are grateful for their support.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

"Steve B" wrote in message
The foodie newsgroups on the Internet are not user friendly unless you are
a member of the ruling cabal.

My gawd you are stupid.

They're born stupid and they live stupid lives. And then when they're
retired and have the time and the technology to finally learn
something, they use it instead to get stupider. At least worldnutdaily
etc. are grateful for their support.

Gunner has a huge fan club made up of stupid people who can't help
themselves when it comes to machining or rational thinking. It's very
cult like.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Jan 2, 1:05*pm, Ignoramus24272 ignoramus24...@NOSPAM.
plonk

On 2013-01-02, PrecisionmachinisT wrote:

"Steve B" wrote in message
My wife has some honey that her mom put up about ten to fifteen years ago.
Some have comb in it. *It had started to crystallize. *We put it in hot
water for a time, and the crystals disappeared. *Now, the comb has melted.
How do we separate the wax from the honey?

I figured there were enough old people here to find someone who knew this.
The foodie newsgroups on the Internet are not user friendly unless you are
a member of the ruling cabal.

My gawd you are stupid.

Hey Iggy can you plonk me as well because I think you're a clueless
idiot when it comes to machining and always will be because of your
approach. I know it's wrong but every time I see your last name I'm
reminded of this scene from The Green Hornet movie. The movie pretty
much sucked ass except for this scene:

http://www.funnyordie.com/videos/681...hristoph-waltz

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

"Steve B" wrote in message

The foodie newsgroups on the Internet are not user friendly unless you are
a member of the ruling cabal.

My gawd you are stupid.

They're born stupid and they live stupid lives. And then when they're
retired and have the time and the technology to finally learn
something, they use it instead to get stupider. At least worldnutdaily
etc. are grateful for their support.

It takes all of about 30 seconds worth of googling to find out how to render wax out of honey by heating it and then letting it cool back down and then removing the wax that has floated to the top and solidified.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

"Steve B" wrote in message

The foodie newsgroups on the Internet are not user friendly unless you are
a member of the ruling cabal.

My gawd you are stupid.

They're born stupid and they live stupid lives. And then when they're
retired and have the time and the technology to finally learn
something, they use it instead to get stupider. At least worldnutdaily
etc. are grateful for their support.

It takes all of about 30 seconds worth of googling to find out how to render wax out of honey by heating it and then letting it cool back down and then removing the wax that has floated to the top and solidified.

--

That's about 29 seconds too much for the cult of Gunner.

They need to be spoon fed everything and preferably by their cult
leader.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Ignoramus24272" wrote in message ...
plonk

Your loss...

Considering that you're also seemingly incapable of tying your ****ing shoelaces without asking a bunch of stupid-assed-off-topic questions on a metalworking news group.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

"Steve B" wrote in message
My wife has some honey that her mom put up about ten to fifteen years ago.
Some have comb in it. It had started to crystallize. We put it in hot
water for a time, and the crystals disappeared. Now, the comb has melted.
How do we separate the wax from the honey?

I figured there were enough old people here to find someone who knew this.
The foodie newsgroups on the Internet are not user friendly unless you are
a member of the ruling cabal.

My gawd you are stupid.

So tell us how to separate the honey from the comb. You being such a
brilliant sort of bloke.
--
Cheers,

John B.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Wed, 2 Jan 2013 14:24:01 -0800 (PST), jon_banquer
wrote:

On Jan 2, 1:05*pm, Ignoramus24272 ignoramus24...@NOSPAM.
plonk

On 2013-01-02, PrecisionmachinisT wrote:

"Steve B" wrote in message
My wife has some honey that her mom put up about ten to fifteen years ago.
Some have comb in it. *It had started to crystallize. *We put it in hot
water for a time, and the crystals disappeared. *Now, the comb has melted.
How do we separate the wax from the honey?

I figured there were enough old people here to find someone who knew this.
The foodie newsgroups on the Internet are not user friendly unless you are
a member of the ruling cabal.

My gawd you are stupid.

Hey Iggy can you plonk me as well because I think you're a clueless
idiot when it comes to machining and always will be because of your
approach. I know it's wrong but every time I see your last name I'm
reminded of this scene from The Green Hornet movie. The movie pretty
much sucked ass except for this scene:

http://www.funnyordie.com/videos/681...hristoph-waltz

Ah well. When I see your posts it comes to mind that you really aren't
a metal worker, you are just another computer programmer and about as
skilled as the "cobel coders" of yesteryear.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Wed, 2 Jan 2013 14:40:25 -0800, "PrecisionmachinisT"
wrote:

"Ignoramus24272" wrote in message ...
plonk

Your loss...

Considering that you're also seemingly incapable of tying your ****ing shoelaces without asking a bunch of stupid-assed-off-topic questions on a metalworking news group.

And considering that you have never provided any evidence of any
knowledge of metalworking while Iggy is smart enough to ask
questions...

plonk!
--
Cheers,

John B.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

"Steve B" wrote in message
The foodie newsgroups on the Internet are not user friendly unless you are
a member of the ruling cabal.

My gawd you are stupid.

They're born stupid and they live stupid lives. And then when they're
retired and have the time and the technology to finally learn
something, they use it instead to get stupider. At least worldnutdaily
etc. are grateful for their support.

Gunner has a huge fan club made up of stupid people who can't help
themselves when it comes to machining or rational thinking. It's very
cult like.

Thus speaks the computer coder :-(
--
Cheers,

John B.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

"Steve B" wrote in message
My wife has some honey that her mom put up about ten to fifteen years ago.
Some have comb in it. It had started to crystallize. We put it in hot
water for a time, and the crystals disappeared. Now, the comb has melted.
How do we separate the wax from the honey?

I figured there were enough old people here to find someone who knew this.
The foodie newsgroups on the Internet are not user friendly unless you are
a member of the ruling cabal.

My gawd you are stupid.

So tell us how to separate the honey from the comb. You being such a
brilliant sort of bloke.

Google it yourself, you ****ing imbecile.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Jan 2, 4:59*pm, John B. wrote:
On Wed, 2 Jan 2013 14:40:25 -0800, "PrecisionmachinisT"

wrote:
"Ignoramus24272" wrote in ...
plonk

Your loss...

Considering that you're also seemingly incapable of tying your ****ing shoelaces without asking a bunch of stupid-assed-off-topic questions on a metalworking news group.

And considering that you have never provided any evidence of any
knowledge of metalworking while Iggy is smart enough to ask
questions...

plonk!
--
Cheers,

John B.

John B. would you please plonk me as well since you can't see that for
years Iggy has done everything possible to run away from what he needs
to do to build his machining skills. Iggy is focused on one thing and
one thing only: buying stuff as cheap as he can. Not a bad skill to
have but when it blinds you, like it blinds Iggy, towards paying the
price and building his machining skills, I think it's a major problem.
I guess he runs an Algebra help website and writes software and that's
great but he seems to think he doesn't need adult eduction for
machining, which is too bad because the Chicago area probably has some
great programs for machining and for welding. He's tried to buy very
high quality stuff that I sell dirt cheap from me and I told him
forget it. I don't sell the high quality stuff I own for nothing. I
guess he was insulted that I wouldn't lower my prices.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:
On Jan 2, 1:05 pm, Ignoramus24272 ignoramus24...@NOSPAM.
24272.invalid wrote:
plonk

http://www.funnyordie.com/videos/681...ornet-scene-wi...

Ah well. When I see your posts it comes to mind that you really aren't
a metal worker, you are just another computer programmer and about as
skilled as the "cobel coders" of yesteryear.

It's clear to me you don't have much of a mind and that you have no
clues what modern CNC machining is all about. To be a good CADCAM
programmer you must be a good machinist.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

"Steve B" wrote in message
My wife has some honey that her mom put up about ten to fifteen years ago.
Some have comb in it. *It had started to crystallize. *We put it in hot
water for a time, and the crystals disappeared. *Now, the comb has melted.
How do we separate the wax from the honey?

I figured there were enough old people here to find someone who knew this.
The foodie newsgroups on the Internet are not user friendly unless you are
a member of the ruling cabal.

My gawd you are stupid.

So tell us how to separate the honey from the comb. You being such a
brilliant sort of bloke.
--
Cheers,

John B.

Why the **** should he? He's already stated it took less than 30
seconds to Google it.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

"Steve B" wrote in message
My wife has some honey that her mom put up about ten to fifteen years ago.
Some have comb in it. It had started to crystallize. We put it in hot
water for a time, and the crystals disappeared. Now, the comb has melted.
How do we separate the wax from the honey?

I figured there were enough old people here to find someone who knew this.
The foodie newsgroups on the Internet are not user friendly unless you are
a member of the ruling cabal.

My gawd you are stupid.

So tell us how to separate the honey from the comb. You being such a
brilliant sort of bloke.

Google is your friend.
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.c...479ab2ba2c36c2
Usenet is such a funny place.

Note to PM: it took me more like 45 seconds to find that result...
because I typed your nym as two words on my first try.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

"Steve B" wrote in message
The foodie newsgroups on the Internet are not user friendly unless you are
a member of the ruling cabal.

My gawd you are stupid.

They're born stupid and they live stupid lives. And then when they're
retired and have the time and the technology to finally learn
something, they use it instead to get stupider. At least worldnutdaily
etc. are grateful for their support.

Gunner has a huge fan club made up of stupid people who can't help
themselves when it comes to machining or rational thinking. It's very
cult like.

Thus speaks the computer coder :-(
--
Cheers,

John B.

Thus speaks a machinist / CADCAM programmer.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Google is your friend.http://groups.google.com/group/rec.c...msg/62479ab2ba...
Usenet is such a funny place.

Note to PM: it took me more like 45 seconds to find that result...
because I typed your nym as two words on my first try.

Wrong. Google is the enemy of lazy, clueless morons.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:
"Ignoramus24272" wrote in ...
plonk

Your loss...

Considering that you're also seemingly incapable of tying your ****ing shoelaces without asking a bunch of stupid-assed-off-topic questions on a metalworking news group.

And considering that you have never provided any evidence of any
knowledge of metalworking while Iggy is smart enough to ask
questions...

plonk!
--
Cheers,

John B.

"And considering that you have never provided any evidence of any
knowledge of metalworking while Iggy is smart enough to ask
questions..."

He's provided plenty of metalworking knowledge on Usenet and he's done
it for many, many years.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

"Ignoramus24272" wrote in message ...
plonk

Your loss...

Considering that you're also seemingly incapable of tying your ****ing shoelaces without asking a bunch of stupid-assed-off-topic questions on a metalworking news group.

And considering that you have never provided any evidence of any
knowledge of metalworking while Iggy is smart enough to ask
questions...

I no longer care about anyone's opinion as to whether I am a
"deserving metalworker", ever since I converted my Bridgeport mill to
LinuxCNC. I have proven something to myself and I could not care less
now about what anyone else thinks.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

"Ignoramus24272" wrote in ...
plonk

Your loss...

Considering that you're also seemingly incapable of tying your ****ing shoelaces without asking a bunch of stupid-assed-off-topic questions on a metalworking news group.

And considering that you have never provided any evidence of any
knowledge of metalworking while Iggy is smart enough to ask
questions...

I no longer care about anyone's opinion as to whether I am a
"deserving metalworker", ever since I converted my Bridgeport mill to
LinuxCNC. I have proven something to myself and I could not care less
now about what anyone else thinks.

Converting a Bridgeport knee mill to a Linux controlled CNC doesn't
make one a machinist. When you make statements like this it shows how
little you know about machining. Your tremendous ego holds you back
from starting at ground zero and taking adult education for machining.
You don't have the proper machining foundation and it shows
constantly. Your ego has gotten in the way for years with you learning
the fundamentals of machining.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Ignoramus24272" wrote in message
news
I could not care less now about what anyone else thinks.

Obviously, you cared about my mentioning how "Steve B" is stupid...

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:
"Ignoramus24272" wrote in
plonk

Your loss...

Considering that you're also seemingly incapable of tying your ****ing
shoelaces without asking a bunch of stupid-assed-off-topic questions on a
metalworking news group.

And considering that you have never provided any evidence of any
knowledge of metalworking while Iggy is smart enough to ask
questions...

plonk!
--
Cheers,

John B.

"And considering that you have never provided any evidence of any
knowledge of metalworking while Iggy is smart enough to ask
questions..."

He's provided plenty of metalworking knowledge on Usenet and he's done
it for many, many years.

-----

Results 1 - 10 of about 1,280 for "precisionmachinist" +machining

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

On Jan 2, 1:05 pm, Ignoramus24272 ignoramus24...@NOSPAM.
plonk

On 2013-01-02, PrecisionmachinisT
wrote:

"Steve B" wrote in message
[...]

Can't speak for ig, but I'll grant you your wish.

Bye.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

"Ignoramus24272" wrote in message
plonk

Your loss...

Considering that you're also seemingly incapable of tying your ****ing
shoelaces without asking a bunch of stupid-assed-off-topic questions on a
metalworking news group.

And considering that you have never provided any evidence of any
knowledge of metalworking while Iggy is smart enough to ask
questions...

I no longer care about anyone's opinion as to whether I am a
"deserving metalworker", ever since I converted my Bridgeport mill to
LinuxCNC. I have proven something to myself and I could not care less
now about what anyone else thinks.

I believe I was about 13, and wore huaraches to school, which a few people
didn't like. I didn't care.

Huaraches are sandals made out of a combination of leather tops and tire
tread bottoms.

If you care what people think about you, you are without a rudder, and have
a hole at the water line.

Steve

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

So tell us how to separate the honey from the comb. You being such a
brilliant sort of bloke.

Not to answer your question to precisionmachinist, but in the real world,
they use a centrifuge, which empties the combs of honey, and then beeswax is
another sellable commodity.

Steve

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Pour it out into a bowl.
The wax will cool and float. It seeks the top of the honey.

Once cool, simply break out or take out the layer of wax.

Martin

On 1/2/2013 10:43 AM, Steve B wrote:
[...]

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

[...]

On some level, I do care what people think about me, it is called
reputation and it is important. But I try to form my own opinions
about various factual things or when thinking about the present and
future.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

[...]

Bull****, Iggy. You don't care what real machinists think about you.
Real machinists who have to deal with your bull**** think you're a
****ing moron. The reason you are a moron is that you refuse to pay
your dues. Many engineers suffer from the same mental illness you
suffer from. It's why most engineers can't machine their way out of a
paper bag. Like you, they think they're smarter than real machinists
and that their smarts can make up for the experience of cutting lots
and lots of different parts made out of different materials. Here is a
news flash for you bubba... it can't.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Steve B" wrote in message

So tell us how to separate the honey from the comb. You being such a
brilliant sort of bloke.

Not to answer your question to precisionmachinist, but in the real world,
they use a centrifuge, which empties the combs of honey, and then beeswax
is another sellable commodity.

You pathetic simpleton...I feel sorry for you, really I do...

--but as I already explained, people have been separating honey from beeswax
for many thousands of years without a centrifuge..

Besides, if you already knew to use a centriguge (and had one available),
then why would you even be asking ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Iu1Bm7yOL8

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:
[...]

Well, I've been here about as long as Iggy and I've certainly seen him
post questions. But why not? Unless you happen to be one of those
folks who "know everything" you will certainly, from time to time have
a question to ask. Are you arguing that one should never help out
anyone by answering their questions?

As for "engineering skills", where did that come from? I don't believe
Iggy ever claimed to be a machinist, or a welder for that matter, and
why should he? He's not in the machine shop or welding shop business.

Although I will say that instead of arguing about which version of
CAM is the best he goes out and actually does something.
--
Cheers,

John B.