Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Old fart honey question

On Thu, 03 Jan 2013 10:11:01 -0800, "Fred C. Dobbs"
wrote:

On 1/3/2013 10:08 AM, whoyakidding's ghost wrote:
On Thu, 3 Jan 2013 10:39:52 -0700, "Steve B" wrote:

All my life, I consider what my friends think
of me to be a mirror of my own activity, and so long as I'm a decent friend,
that mirror will be pretty reliable most of the time.

Racists tend to have racist friends, because

"racist" - a meaningless left-wing swearword.

Racists are ignorant - like you and Steve B, both of whom imagine that
nobody can figure out that you're as helpless in real life as you are
here.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 1/3/2013 9:57 AM, little jonny "bozo" banqueer, CAD/CAM *FRAUD*,
****ed away some more of his worthless time in Usenet with:

It's obvious that

....that little jonny "bozo" banqueer, CAD/CAM *FRAUD*, doesn't actually
*do* anything with CAD/CAM. He's a *fraud*. He just ****es away the
hours in Usenet, and collects a few more LinkedIn "friends".

know what's good for you, you won't monkey around with Fred C. Dobbs.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

On 1/3/2013 10:08 AM, whoyakidding's ghost wrote:
On Thu, 3 Jan 2013 10:39:52 -0700, "Steve B" wrote:

All my life, I consider what my friends think
of me to be a mirror of my own activity, and so long as I'm a decent friend,
that mirror will be pretty reliable most of the time.

Racists tend to have racist friends, because

"racist" - a meaningless left-wing swearword.

Racists are ignorant -

Racists are left-wingers: those who think race matters. Stupid
****-eating leftists like you, for example.

know what's good for you, you won't monkey around with Fred C. Dobbs.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"jon_banquer" wrote in message
On Jan 3, 9:58 am, "Jim Wilkins" wrote:
... The college boys stopped
fighting them and made me the shop liaison, partly because if they
made too much trouble I could do the job at home or bid it out to
experimental shops I'd worked with in the past.

-For the twenty years I've been machining there has always been a wall
-between engineering and machining. I don't see any improvement coming
-in this area anytime soon.

I started at an auto industry custom machinery builder after the Army
and asked if I could try working up to engineer, so they ran me
through the sheet metal, machine shop, drafting and assembly
departments before apprenticing me to an EE. Then a recession killed
them so I've more or less repeated the process at several interesting
but risky startups. The result is that I can take a proposal and
budget and come back a few months later with a finished prototype
ready for production.

In my experience most of the non-technical employees in a high-tech
company are defensive and insecure about their jobs and need to be
handled carefully. The funny one was the way computer support reacted
to lab techs who knew considerably more about electronics and
computers but were too busy to mess with them. The IT guys couldn't
have been more wary of us if we had Doberman fangs.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"jon_banquer" wrote in message
-Arrogant, ignorant engineers who don't understand machining and who
-don't think they need to learn anything from a machinist calling for
-needless small radius's in the bottom of deep pockets. They whine
like
-spoiled little bitches when their part is so expensive / takes to
long
-to machine.

That too, electrical engineers in particular learn next to nothing of
mechanical subjects. I had to show one how to clamp a block in a vise,
and explain Pemnuts to a highly respected mechanical engineering
professor.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 1/3/2013 10:58 AM, Jim Wilkins wrote:
[...]

Fangs like these? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cF4H0WfuiM8 - about
3:53 into it.

know what's good for you, you won't monkey around with Fred C. Dobbs.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:
On 1/3/2013 10:08 AM, whoyakidding's ghost wrote:
On Thu, 3 Jan 2013 10:39:52 -0700, "Steve B" wrote:

All my life, I consider what my friends think
of me to be a mirror of my own activity, and so long as I'm a decent friend,
that mirror will be pretty reliable most of the time.

Racists tend to have racist friends, because

"racist" - a meaningless left-wing swearword.

Racists are ignorant - like you and Steve B, both of whom imagine that
nobody can figure out that you're as helpless in real life as you are
here.

Trying to figure out whether Steve B. or Fred C. Dobbs is more
ignorant is not an easy task.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Jan 3, 11:11*am, "Jim Wilkins" wrote:
"jon_banquer" wrote in message

-Arrogant, ignorant engineers who don't understand machining and who
-don't think they need to learn anything from a machinist calling for
-needless small radius's in the bottom of deep pockets. They whine
like
-spoiled little bitches when their part is so expensive / takes to
long
-to machine.

That too, electrical engineers in particular learn next to nothing of
mechanical subjects. I had to show one how to clamp a block in a vise,
and explain Pemnuts to a highly respected mechanical engineering
professor.

I spent over two years working in Qualcomm's machine shop. It was a
very small prototype machine shop. There were only three of us and all
of us had to deal directly with whatever Qualcomm engineer wanted
parts made. We all had to quote the part, program the job, machine the
part, make all the arrangements for whatever the part needed
(anodizing, heat treat, etc.) as well as handle packaging and shipping
of the part. The majority of parts I programmed and machined were
designed by Qualcomm's electrical engineers.

We have very serious issues with manufacturing in America that other
countries like Germany seem to be much better at than we are.

We also have a very serious problem with machining education in
America. When I got into the machining trade in 1993 the
apprenticeship programs that companies like Pratt and Whitney had were
being discontinued / phased out. Like most other machinists who got
into the trade at the time I did and who wanted a well rounded
education I moved from shop to shop doing new and different parts
using different methods, machines and CADCAM programming systems.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:
On 1/3/2013 10:08 AM, whoyakidding's ghost wrote:
On Thu, 3 Jan 2013 10:39:52 -0700, "Steve B" wrote:

All my life, I consider what my friends think
of me to be a mirror of my own activity, and so long as I'm a decent friend,
that mirror will be pretty reliable most of the time.

Racists tend to have racist friends, because

"racist" - a meaningless left-wing swearword.

Racists are ignorant - like you and Steve B, both of whom imagine that
nobody can figure out that you're as helpless in real life as you are
here.

Trying to figure out

....figure out if you know *anything* about CAD/CAM is like pulling teeth.

I don't think you do. You're a dabbler.

know what's good for you, you won't monkey around with Fred C. Dobbs.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Jan 3, 12:09*pm, Jonathan Banquer
wrote:
[...]

Here is a picture of Qualcomm's small prototype machine shop. The
sheet metal shop is attached to it. The toolbox setup you see in the
picture is mine. My gauge pin library is on top of the side box on the
right.

http://s636.beta.photobucket.com/use...ml?sort=3&o=22
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 1/3/2013 12:09 PM, Jonathan Banquer wrote:
[...]

That's because manufacturing in America is plagued with argumentative
know-nothing ****wits like you.

know what's good for you, you won't monkey around with Fred C. Dobbs.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2013-01-03, John B wrote:
On Wed, 2 Jan 2013 17:08:40 -0800 (PST), jon_banquer
wrote:

On Jan 2, 4:59?pm, John B. wrote:
On Wed, 2 Jan 2013 14:40:25 -0800, "PrecisionmachinisT"

wrote:
"Ignoramus24272" wrote in ...
plonk

Your loss...

Considering that you're also seemingly incapable of tying your ****ing shoelaces without asking a bunch of stupid-assed-off-topic questions on a metalworking news group.

And considering that you have never provided any evidence of any
knowledge of metalworking while Iggy is smart enough to ask
questions...

plonk!

John B.

John B. would you please plonk me as well since you can't see that for
years Iggy has done everything possible to run away from what he needs
to do to build his machining skills. Iggy is focused on one thing and
one thing only: buying stuff as cheap as he can. Not a bad skill to
have but when it blinds you, like it blinds Iggy, towards paying the
price and building his machining skills, I think it's a major problem.
I guess he runs an Algebra help website and writes software and that's
great but he seems to think he doesn't need adult eduction for
machining, which is too bad because the Chicago area probably has some
great programs for machining and for welding. He's tried to buy very
high quality stuff that I sell dirt cheap from me and I told him
forget it. I don't sell the high quality stuff I own for nothing. I
guess he was insulted that I wouldn't lower my prices.

Well, I've been here about as long as Iggy and I've certainly seen him
post questions. But why not? Unless you happen to be one of those
folks who "know everything" you will certainly, from time to time have
a question to ask. Are you arguing that one should never help out
anyone by answering their questions?

As for "engineering skills", where did that come from? I don't believe
Iggy ever claimed to be a machinist, or a welder for that matter, and
why should he? He's not in the machine shop or welding shop business.

Although I will say that instead of arguing about which version of
CAM is the best he goes out and actually does something.

In addition to "machining", sometimes I do "de-machining", too, say,
right now we are parting out a 20" by 10' Lodge and Shipley lathe.

I think that it is fun, I am not complaining about the money part, and
I could not care less about opinions of uptight and underpaid John
Banquer.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2013-01-03, Steve B wrote:

"Gunner" wrote

I was here when he first came in and asked about how to do simple
welding...probably 10-12 yrs ago.

He has come a long way.

Gunner

If I recall, his first posts were about 7018 welding. And from what I see,
he mastered that pretty well. And I see he's still asking questions, and
learning.

Unlike some here, who know it all. It has to be hard to be perfect.

These days I use more 6013 for quick and easy stuff.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:
[...]

How do I pronounce your last name again?

http://www.funnyordie.com/videos/681...hristoph-waltz

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Jonathan Banquer" wrote in message
-I spent over two years working in Qualcomm's machine shop. It was a
-very small prototype machine shop. There were only three of us and
all
-of us had to deal directly with whatever Qualcomm engineer wanted
-parts made. We all had to quote the part, program the job, machine
the
-part, make all the arrangements for whatever the part needed
-(anodizing, heat treat, etc.) as well as handle packaging and
shipping
-of the part. The majority of parts I programmed and machined were
-designed by Qualcomm's electrical engineers.

Hmm.

Drs Bernard Sklar and Andrew Viterbi were VERY highly regarded by the
Ph.D. engineers and mathematicians at Mitre. I attended Dr Sklar's two
week short course in digital communications theory and have never
before or since struggled so hard to understand something. I knew I
was in trouble when he asked for a numerical energy value of the
entropy of a data pattern. My Chemistry degree had been relatively
light on calculus and advanced statistics.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Viterbi_algorithm

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Jan 3, 4:01*pm, "Jim Wilkins" wrote:
[...]

Viterbi was long gone when I worked for Qualcomm. I don't think he has
had much to do with Qualcomm for many years now and has moved on. So
have I.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Ignoramus9117" wrote

These days I use more 6013 for quick and easy stuff.

I WILL have to go buy a few pounds and try it out. I keep hearing it's so
good, maybe I'm missing something.

Steve

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Jan 3, 6:24*pm, "Steve B" wrote:
"Ignoramus9117" wrote

These days I use more 6013 for quick and easy stuff.

I WILL have to go buy a few pounds and try it out. *I keep hearing it's so
good, maybe I'm missing something.

Steve

God forbid either of these two ****ing morons finally get a clue and
check out Welding Tips And Tricks.com

http://www.weldingtipsandtricks.com/

Anyone want to wager on if either will ever get of their ass and take
adult education for welding?

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2013-01-04, Steve B wrote:

"Ignoramus9117" wrote

These days I use more 6013 for quick and easy stuff.

I WILL have to go buy a few pounds and try it out. I keep hearing it's so
good, maybe I'm missing something.

A 7 year old can use 6013
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Thu, 03 Jan 2013 21:48:25 -0600, Ignoramus9117

On 2013-01-04, Steve B wrote:

"Ignoramus9117" wrote

These days I use more 6013 for quick and easy stuff.

I WILL have to go buy a few pounds and try it out. I keep hearing it's so
good, maybe I'm missing something.

A 7 year old can use 6013

It's commonly referred to as "farmer's rod."
http://www.ehow.com/list_7553038_sti...-types.htmland It's
a popular choice for AC only machines and for thin work. It's
frequently used for early stick training. And it was no surprise to me
that alleged experienced weldor SteveB has yet to sample it.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Ignoramus9117" wrote

It's commonly referred to as "farmer's rod."http://www.ehow.com/list_7553038_stick-welding-rod-types.htmlandIt's
a popular choice for AC only machines and for thin work. It's
frequently used for early stick training. And it was no surprise to me
that alleged experienced weldor SteveB has yet to sample it.

There is a high school kid living on a farm that does You Tube welding
videos that both of these losers would greatly benefit from:

https://www.youtube.com/user/ChuckE2009

Just one of his videos contains more helpful advice on welding then
Gunner and his cult of morons have ever posted to Usenet:

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2013-01-04, Steve B wrote:

"Ignoramus9117" wrote

These days I use more 6013 for quick and easy stuff.

I WILL have to go buy a few pounds and try it out. I keep hearing it's so
good, maybe I'm missing something.

A 7 year old can use 6013

It's commonly referred to as "farmer's rod."
http://www.ehow.com/list_7553038_sti...-types.htmland It's
a popular choice for AC only machines and for thin work. It's
frequently used for early stick training. And it was no surprise to me
that alleged experienced weldor SteveB has yet to sample it.

Real farmers know how to use a coat hanger.