Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Took some photos in the shop today....

"Michael A. Terrell" on Sat, 22 Jun 2013
15:54:43 -0400 typed in rec.crafts.metalworking the following:
pyotr filipivich wrote:
Larry Jaques on Sat, 22 Jun 2013
08:16:08 -0700 typed in rec.crafts.metalworking the following:
On Sat, 22 Jun 2013 08:28:35 -0400, "Michael A. Terrell" wrote:
pyotr filipivich wrote:
An excuse is just a rationalization. We was gonna anyway, but
this makes it "plausible". "I was just in the neighborhood. Of
course I had to take two trains, a bus and a cab, just to be _in_ the
neighborhood."

By that time, all the pretty girls are gone.

But NOT the one he was hitting on. For that ploy to work, he has to
have met her before and decided that using the raunchy line was
worthwhile.

Besides, who wants the airheaded, siliconed, arrogant "pretty" ones?
(Exceedingly few are humble and intelligent as well as being pretty.)

I prefer 'em earthy and sexy, without too many warts, y'know? Plain
Janes show more appreciation to us Plain Johns. Another plus is that
you don't have to fight off the herds of horny men trying to steal her
from you all night when you're in public.

The man with a pretty wife, or a castle on the border, must be
prepared to do battle at any time.

A few women, and even fewer castles are worth doing battle over.

In that case, better not get a pretty woman, or a castle on the
border.

The ones so pretty you'd bounce a basketball through a mine field
just to talk to her, generally knows it. When I was younger, it might
have been worth it. But ... "aim for the wing man".
--
pyotr filipivich
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Michael A. Terrell" on Sat, 22 Jun 2013
21:42:49 -0400 typed in rec.crafts.metalworking the following:

Larry Jaques wrote:

On Sat, 22 Jun 2013 16:03:32 -0400, "Michael A. Terrell"
wrote:

pyotr filipivich wrote:

"Michael A. Terrell" on Fri, 21 Jun 2013
10:09:50 -0400 typed in rec.crafts.metalworking the following:

pyotr filipivich wrote:

Michael A. Terrell wrote:

That would be a lot of turning down. Like T_M_T's chance of winning
the Nobel Prize in any category.

Use waldos to make smaller machines, to make the parts to make the
smaller machines (and waldos) and eventually - nano-tech!

Unless something goes wrong, and you end up with ninny-tech. ;-)

I've done it in CAD, where adjusting the one end of a object
causes the sides to cross. Maybe if I could do that in Real Life - I
could start making Klein bottles.

"The next step beyond a Klein bottle, is a time machine."

I'd be perfectly happy with a simple tesseract briefcase. I'd put 500
of my favorite tools in it and carry it with me everywhere with ease.

If you could even pick it up.

"Details, details."

Have to see if making something which is a pocket dimension of
sorts, means it is also not subject to this dimension's gravitational
forces.
--
pyotr filipivich
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

pyotr filipivich wrote:
[...]

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I don't want an inflated,
empty headed bimbo with an Earl Scribe paint job but there seems to be
an endless supply.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sun, 23 Jun 2013 01:46:13 -0400, "Michael A. Terrell"
wrote:

Larry Jaques wrote:

pyotr filipivich wrote:

Michael A. Terrell wrote:

That would be a lot of turning down. Like T_M_T's chance of winning
the Nobel Prize in any category.

Use waldos to make smaller machines, to make the parts to make the
smaller machines (and waldos) and eventually - nano-tech!

Unless something goes wrong, and you end up with ninny-tech. ;-)

I've done it in CAD, where adjusting the one end of a object
causes the sides to cross. Maybe if I could do that in Real Life - I
could start making Klein bottles.

"The next step beyond a Klein bottle, is a time machine."

I'd be perfectly happy with a simple tesseract briefcase. I'd put 500
of my favorite tools in it and carry it with me everywhere with ease.

If you could even pick it up.

That's precisely why I want the tesseract. It does away with size and
weight constraints altogether. The briefcase is the only weight you
feel. Why do you think I _want_ one, eh?

It'll need more than cheap plastic in its construction.

OK. 1000 denier Cordura it is. It _is_ a work valise, y'know.

--
Shake off all the fears of servile prejudices, under which weak minds
are servilely crouched. Fix reason firmly in her seat, and call on her
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

pyotr filipivich wrote:
[...]

Did you misspell "beerholder" there, Mikey?

I don't want an inflated,
empty headed bimbo with an Earl Scribe

Scheib. Any car, any color, for only $29.95!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Earl_Scheib

paint job but there seems to be an endless supply.

All expensive, all high-maintenance, and none worth ANY of the hassle.
Agreed.

--
Shake off all the fears of servile prejudices, under which weak minds
are servilely crouched. Fix reason firmly in her seat, and call on her
tribunal for every fact, every opinion. Question with boldness even the
existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of
the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear.
-- Thomas Jefferson

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

pyotr filipivich wrote:
[...]

I haven't held a beer in 40 years. I can't stand the crap.

I don't want an inflated,
empty headed bimbo with an Earl Scribe

Scheib. Any car, any color, for only $29.95!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Earl_Scheib

Damn spell checker changed it. I had the e&i reversed, and hit send
instead of spellcheck. What kind of software is it that doesn't
recognize a legend? Anyway, it was $49.95 when I heard of him.

paint job but there seems to be an endless supply.

All expensive, all high-maintenance, and none worth ANY of the hassle.
Agreed.

Too expensive, no warranty offered, and only low quality replacement
parts. Maintaince costs can continue for decades, even after you've
traded it in for another model. China turns out better junk.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

pyotr filipivich wrote:

Michael A. Terrell wrote:

[...]

No, I've never seen a real tesseract. Simple, or otherwise!
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

pyotr filipivich wrote:

Michael A. Terrell wrote:

[...]

Most tesseracts are found in the gastro-tracts of teenage boys.

What..you have never seen a 110 lb boy eat 80lbs of food at a sitting?

--
""Almost all liberal behavioral tropes track the impotent rage of small
children. Thus, for example, there is also the popular tactic of
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Michael A. Terrell" on Sun, 23 Jun 2013
12:06:14 -0400 typed in rec.crafts.metalworking the following:

pyotr filipivich wrote:
[...]

"Bubble headed bleach blonde Bimbos are a dime a dozen. I'm
looking for the guy what's supplying the dimes."

--
pyotr filipivich
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Larry Jaques on Sun, 23 Jun 2013
13:55:50 -0700 typed in rec.crafts.metalworking the following:

The ones so pretty you'd bounce a basketball through a mine field
just to talk to her, generally knows it. When I was younger, it might
have been worth it. But ... "aim for the wing man".

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

Did you misspell "beerholder" there, Mikey?

I don't want an inflated,
empty headed bimbo with an Earl Scribe

Scheib. Any car, any color, for only $29.95!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Earl_Scheib

"I'm Pearl Scheib. And I'll do anything for $39.95"

paint job but there seems to be an endless supply.

All expensive, all high-maintenance, and none worth ANY of the hassle.
Agreed.

--
pyotr filipivich

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Michael A. Terrell" on Sun, 23 Jun 2013
01:46:13 -0400 typed in rec.crafts.metalworking the following:

pyotr filipivich wrote:

Michael A. Terrell wrote:

[...]

That sort of plastic ain't cheap.
--
pyotr filipivich
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

pyotr filipivich wrote:
[...]

28 for me, and I still can't believe I could ever stand the stuff.
That crap REEKS! but Coors (and Bacardi and Coke) nearly went tits up
after losing all that revenue when I quit drinking.

I don't want an inflated,
empty headed bimbo with an Earl Scribe

Scheib. Any car, any color, for only $29.95!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Earl_Scheib

Damn spell checker changed it. I had the e&i reversed, and hit send
instead of spellcheck. What kind of software is it that doesn't
recognize a legend? Anyway, it was $49.95 when I heard of him.

I was just out of high school and in LoCal, his home, when he became
famous. Riiiiiiiiiiiiight. (weirdo)

paint job but there seems to be an endless supply.

All expensive, all high-maintenance, and none worth ANY of the hassle.
Agreed.

Too expensive, no warranty offered, and only low quality replacement
parts. Maintaince costs can continue for decades, even after you've
traded it in for another model. China turns out better junk.

Yep. I prefer the petites, too.

--
Shake off all the fears of servile prejudices, under which weak minds
are servilely crouched. Fix reason firmly in her seat, and call on her
tribunal for every fact, every opinion. Question with boldness even the
existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of
the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear.
-- Thomas Jefferson
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

Larry Jaques wrote:

OK. 1000 denier Cordura it is. It _is_ a work valise, y'know.

No, I've never seen a real tesseract. Simple, or otherwise!

Aww, you just read the wrong books. Read _Glory Road_ by Robert
Heinlein for the proper use of one. 'Tis a great book.

The heck with cheap Chinese junk, gimme Star!

--
Shake off all the fears of servile prejudices, under which weak minds
are servilely crouched. Fix reason firmly in her seat, and call on her
tribunal for every fact, every opinion. Question with boldness even the
existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of
the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear.
-- Thomas Jefferson
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Larry Jaques wrote:
I'd be perfectly happy with a simple tesseract briefcase. I'd put 500
of my favorite tools in it and carry it with me everywhere with ease.

If you could even pick it up.

That's precisely why I want the tesseract. It does away with size and
weight constraints altogether. The briefcase is the only weight you
feel. Why do you think I _want_ one, eh?

It'll need more than cheap plastic in its construction.

That sort of plastic ain't cheap.

Imperial Plasteel? Right. Not cheap, but lightweight and strong.

--
Shake off all the fears of servile prejudices, under which weak minds
are servilely crouched. Fix reason firmly in her seat, and call on her
tribunal for every fact, every opinion. Question with boldness even the
existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of
the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear.
-- Thomas Jefferson
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

Larry Jaques wrote:

OK. 1000 denier Cordura it is. It _is_ a work valise, y'know.

No, I've never seen a real tesseract. Simple, or otherwise!

Aww, you just read the wrong books. Read _Glory Road_ by Robert
Heinlein for the proper use of one. 'Tis a great book.

Of fiction.

The heck with cheap Chinese junk, gimme Star!

Gimme! Gimme! Gimme! Getcherown!

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Michael A. Terrell" on Thu, 20 Jun 2013
19:32:00 -0400 typed in rec.crafts.metalworking the following:

pyotr filipivich wrote:

"Michael A. Terrell" on Thu, 20 Jun 2013
07:28:29 -0400 typed in rec.crafts.metalworking the following:

pyotr filipivich wrote:

Well let me get the blasted thing designed on something more
substantial that a cocktail napkin!

NAPKIN? You said that you designed it on a cocktail WAITRESS!!!

Well, the napkin was on the waitress, and the ink bleed through,
so of course I had to take her home. Otherwise, how was I going to
make an clear and accurate copy?

Run her through the Xerox machine, of course!

Can't very well put a cocktail waitress in the file cabinet,
nicht wahr?

(And wouldn't that make an interesting episode of "And that's how
I met your mother."?)

Or 'CSI', 'Cold Case' 'Cheers' and any number of other shows. ;-)

Comic Strip "Helen, Sweetheart of the Internet". One of the
senior managers is going through some files, and asks her "Is this
what I think it is?"
A photocopy of a cocktail napkin?
"Yeah, is that really Bill's signature?"
Yep. I won it at a poker game.
"I wondered were our cash flow was coming from...."

--
pyotr filipivich
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Michael A. Terrell" on Mon, 24 Jun 2013
12:17:32 -0400 typed in rec.crafts.metalworking the following:

wrote:

Larry Jaques wrote:

OK. 1000 denier Cordura it is. It _is_ a work valise, y'know.

No, I've never seen a real tesseract. Simple, or otherwise!

Aww, you just read the wrong books. Read _Glory Road_ by Robert
Heinlein for the proper use of one. 'Tis a great book.

Of fiction.

The heck with cheap Chinese junk, gimme Star!

Gimme! Gimme! Gimme! Getcherown!

Careful there, O-scar has a mighty big .. sword.
--
pyotr filipivich
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

Larry Jaques wrote:

OK. 1000 denier Cordura it is. It _is_ a work valise, y'know.

No, I've never seen a real tesseract. Simple, or otherwise!

Aww, you just read the wrong books. Read _Glory Road_ by Robert
Heinlein for the proper use of one. 'Tis a great book.

Of fiction.

The heck with cheap Chinese junk, gimme Star!

Gimme! Gimme! Gimme! Getcherown!

Careful there, O-scar has a mighty big .. sword.

I had a copy in my TBR, and have read ~ the first 20%. He is still
playing with the bow & arrows.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

Larry Jaques wrote:

OK. 1000 denier Cordura it is. It _is_ a work valise, y'know.

No, I've never seen a real tesseract. Simple, or otherwise!

Aww, you just read the wrong books. Read _Glory Road_ by Robert
Heinlein for the proper use of one. 'Tis a great book.

Of fiction.

The heck with cheap Chinese junk, gimme Star!

Gimme! Gimme! Gimme! Getcherown!

Careful there, O-scar has a mighty big .. sword.

I had a copy in my TBR, and have read ~ the first 20%. He is still
playing with the bow & arrows.

RAH also wrote of tesseracts in "And He Built a Crooked House".

David