DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Those thick-azzed double open end wrenches.... (https://www.diybanter.com/metalworking/348692-those-thick-azzed-double-open-end-wrenches.html)

Existential Angst[_2_] November 4th 12 10:15 PM

Those thick-azzed double open end wrenches....

For lathes? Many of them in a pronounced "S" configuration.....

I've got a ton of these now, some of them quite substantial, 1 foot long,
1/2" thick at the ends.

In principle the same as Sears wrenches, but black iron, really bulky, but
nicely made.
Still, not very practical, it seems. Sears combination wrenches are all I
ever use.

Any value to these? Scrap'em??
--
EA

Ignoramus19861 November 5th 12 02:22 AM

On 2012-11-04, Existential Angst wrote:
For lathes? Many of them in a pronounced "S" configuration.....

I've got a ton of these now, some of them quite substantial, 1 foot long,
1/2" thick at the ends.

In principle the same as Sears wrenches, but black iron, really bulky, but
nicely made.
Still, not very practical, it seems. Sears combination wrenches are all I
ever use.

Any value to these? Scrap'em??

General old Billings heavy duty wrenches do not bring much money, but
they are awesome to use, especially if you clean them up and polish
the sides of the head.

Woof November 5th 12 04:19 AM

Those thick-azzed double open end wrenches....

For lathes? Many of them in a pronounced "S" configuration.....

I've got a ton of these now, some of them quite substantial, 1 foot long,
1/2" thick at the ends.

In principle the same as Sears wrenches, but black iron, really bulky, but
nicely made.
Still, not very practical, it seems. Sears combination wrenches are all I
ever use.

Any value to these? Scrap'em??

There are some jobs where chrome plated tools are forbidden, because of
the risk of plating chipping or flaking off and falling into the work.