DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Ping Iggy (https://www.diybanter.com/metalworking/348229-ping-iggy.html)

Tom Gardner[_6_] October 25th 12 10:49 PM

Ping Iggy

I have decided I have too many air compressors that are just not needed.
I'm thinking of selling a Quincy #325 on an 80 gallon tank with a 5hp
3ph motor and I have another #325 unmounted. Both are in perfect shape
ready to rock-n-roll.

What do you think I should ask for each? Would a coat of paint make any
difference?

I'll still have 2 Quinys, a hydrovane and a Cambell-Hausfeld.

Ignoramus10310 October 25th 12 11:22 PM

Ping Iggy

On 2012-10-25, Tom Gardner Mars@Tacks wrote:
I have decided I have too many air compressors that are just not needed.
I'm thinking of selling a Quincy #325 on an 80 gallon tank with a 5hp
3ph motor and I have another #325 unmounted. Both are in perfect shape
ready to rock-n-roll.

What do you think I should ask for each? Would a coat of paint make any
difference?

I'll still have 2 Quinys, a hydrovane and a Cambell-Hausfeld.

You can sell a complete 325 unit for $1,000 relatively easily, I sold
one for $1k in the midst of a Bush depression. That one had an oil
filter.

Unmounted 325, I am guessing, $500.

Ignoramus10310 October 25th 12 11:37 PM

Ping Iggy

On 2012-10-25, Tom Gardner Mars@Tacks wrote:
I have decided I have too many air compressors that are just not needed.
I'm thinking of selling a Quincy #325 on an 80 gallon tank with a 5hp
3ph motor and I have another #325 unmounted. Both are in perfect shape
ready to rock-n-roll.

What do you think I should ask for each? Would a coat of paint make any
difference?

I'll still have 2 Quinys, a hydrovane and a Cambell-Hausfeld.

You can sell a complete 325 unit for $1,000 relatively easily, I sold
one for $1k in the midst of a Bush depression. That one had an oil
filter.

Sorry, I recall now that it was $900, but should easily be worth $1k
now.

Unmounted 325, I am guessing, $500.

Tom Gardner[_6_] October 26th 12 02:05 AM

Ping Iggy

On 2012-10-25, Tom Gardner Mars@Tacks wrote:
I have decided I have too many air compressors that are just not needed.
I'm thinking of selling a Quincy #325 on an 80 gallon tank with a 5hp
3ph motor and I have another #325 unmounted. Both are in perfect shape
ready to rock-n-roll.

What do you think I should ask for each? Would a coat of paint make any
difference?

I'll still have 2 Quinys, a hydrovane and a Cambell-Hausfeld.

You can sell a complete 325 unit for $1,000 relatively easily, I sold
one for $1k in the midst of a Bush depression. That one had an oil
filter.

Sorry, I recall now that it was $900, but should easily be worth $1k
now.

Unmounted 325, I am guessing, $500.

Would it be worth some spit and polish and paint?

Ignoramus10310 October 26th 12 02:58 AM

Ping Iggy

On 2012-10-25, Tom Gardner Mars@Tacks wrote:
I have decided I have too many air compressors that are just not needed.
I'm thinking of selling a Quincy #325 on an 80 gallon tank with a 5hp
3ph motor and I have another #325 unmounted. Both are in perfect shape
ready to rock-n-roll.

What do you think I should ask for each? Would a coat of paint make any
difference?

I'll still have 2 Quinys, a hydrovane and a Cambell-Hausfeld.

You can sell a complete 325 unit for $1,000 relatively easily, I sold
one for $1k in the midst of a Bush depression. That one had an oil
filter.

Sorry, I recall now that it was $900, but should easily be worth $1k
now.

Unmounted 325, I am guessing, $500.

Would it be worth some spit and polish and paint?

Cleaning, yes, paint, no