Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Romney's Freeloading 47%...

Plimp:

It is wholly irrelevant who they are, or even if some of them might
actually be inclined to vote for Romney. His essential points - that
there is a substantial number of deadbeat freeloaders who consume lots
and produce no value;

Romney and Bain Capital. I read the Rolling Stone article that someone
posted a link to. Did you read that?

http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/news/greed-and-debt-the-true-story-of-mitt-romney-and-bain-capital-20120829

It should not be possible for 47% of people to be in families that don't
pay income tax.

Willard Romney helped make it happen.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 09/26/2012 11:35 AM, George Plimpton wrote:
Stupid **** lied:
Prof. Geo. Plimpton helpfully elaborated:

It is wholly irrelevant who they are, or even if some of them might
actually be inclined to vote for Romney. His essential points - that
there is a substantial number of deadbeat freeloaders who consume lots
and produce no value;

Romney and Bain Capital. I read the Rolling Stone article

http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/news/greed-and-debt-the-true-story-of-mitt-romney-and-bain-capital-20120829

Ha ha ha ha ha! Rolling ****ing Stone - too funny.

Rolling Stone article supported by Romney himself.

http://www.motherjones.com/politics/2012/09/1985-romney-bain-harvest-firms-profits-video

"Bain Capital is an investment partnership which was formed to invest
in startup companies and ongoing companies, then to take an active hand
in managing them and hopefully, five to eight years later, to harvest
them at a significant profit"

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 9/27/2012 5:26 PM, Silly Rabbit wrote:
On 09/26/2012 11:35 AM, George Plimpton wrote:
Stupid **** lied:
Prof. Geo. Plimpton helpfully elaborated:

It is wholly irrelevant who they are, or even if some of them might
actually be inclined to vote for Romney. His essential points - that
there is a substantial number of deadbeat freeloaders who consume lots
and produce no value;

Romney and Bain Capital. I read the Rolling Stone article

Ha ha ha ha ha! Rolling ****ing Stone - too funny.

Rolling Stone article supported by Romney himself.

"Bain Capital is an investment partnership which was formed to invest
in startup companies and ongoing companies, then to take an active hand
in managing them and hopefully, five to eight years later, to harvest
them at a significant profit"

Sounds like basic good business sense: buy low, sell high.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Plimpy:
On 9/27/2012 5:26 PM, Silly Rabbit wrote:

Romney and Bain Capital.

http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/news/greed-and-debt-the-true-story-of-mitt-romney-and-bain-capital-20120829

Rolling Stone article supported by Romney himself.

http://www.motherjones.com/politics/2012/09/1985-romney-bain-harvest-firms-profits-video

"Bain Capital is an investment partnership which was formed to invest
in startup companies and ongoing companies, then to take an active hand
in managing them and hopefully, five to eight years later, to harvest
them at a significant profit"

Sounds like basic good business sense: buy low, sell high.

Romney's a looter. Rolling Stone's article nailed it.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Thu, 27 Sep 2012 17:26:45 -0700, Silly Rabbit wrote:

[...]

And what is sinful about that?

In fact I'd say that it was very much what all venture capitalists do.
Finance a company's start up; ensure it is well managed and sell your
shares when it is profitable.
--
Cheers,
John B.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Thu, 27 Sep 2012 18:05:08 -0700, Silly Rabbit wrote:

Plimpy:
On 9/27/2012 5:26 PM, Silly Rabbit wrote:

Romney and Bain Capital.

http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/news/greed-and-debt-the-true-story-of-mitt-romney-and-bain-capital-20120829

Rolling Stone article supported by Romney himself.

http://www.motherjones.com/politics/2012/09/1985-romney-bain-harvest-firms-profits-video

"Bain Capital is an investment partnership which was formed to invest
in startup companies and ongoing companies, then to take an active hand
in managing them and hopefully, five to eight years later, to harvest
them at a significant profit"

Sounds like basic good business sense: buy low, sell high.

Romney's a looter. Rolling Stone's article nailed it.

Since for some reason I can't access the Rolling Stone web site, it
tells me I need to be a member, perhaps you'd like to explain what
Bain did in some detail?

--
Cheers,
John B.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 09/28/2012 04:27 AM, John B. wrote:
[...]

The article is pretty long. I posted a summary in another thread.

Bain didn't necessarily "buy low", they just bought. The target company,
not Bain, was the one who had to pay off the loan that Bain used to take
them over.

And "selling high" wasn't required, because Bain never had to pay back
the money they borrowed, their target company had to. Bain was there to
extract millions in management fees out of withering companies for
years, then get out when the "harvest" was done.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 09/28/2012 04:25 AM, John B. wrote:

http://www.motherjones.com/politics/2012/09/1985-romney-bain-harvest-firms-profits-video

"Bain Capital is an investment partnership which was formed to invest
in startup companies and ongoing companies, then to take an active hand
in managing them and hopefully, five to eight years later, to harvest
them at a significant profit"

And what is sinful about that?

"Harvest" doesn't imply that you intend for a company to survive.

In fact I'd say that it was very much what all venture capitalists do.
Finance a company's start up; ensure it is well managed and sell your
shares when it is profitable.

"Well managed" is not necessary, and "profitable" never has to come.