Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Pinging Gunner.... When does the Great Cull start?

Do you predict it to be before, and thus to prevent, or after and thus to nullify the elections?

What is the best list of items to hoard?
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 9/6/2012 9:04 PM, Cross-Slide wrote:

Do you predict it to be before, and thus to prevent, or after and thus to nullify the elections?

What is the best list of items to hoard?

chortle Good one!

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sep 6, 11:04*pm, Cross-Slide wrote:
Do you predict it to be before, and thus to prevent, or after and thus to nullify the elections?

What is the best list of items to hoard?

Yeah...do I need to pack a toothbrush?

Laugh..laugh..laugh..

TMT
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Fri, 07 Sep 2012 04:20:31 -0700, Gunner
wrote:

And here is the LDS food calculator which is very well done. Say what
you will about the LDS..they have made emergency food storage a fine
art.

http://lds.about.com/library/bl/faq/blcalculator.htm

OMG, 60# of sugar per person per year? thud I wonder if the church
also pushes its herds into the dentistry profession...

Yeah, I think it's required by their church that all LDS families
stock a year's worth of food. Smart thinking, especially nowadays,
wot?

On to check the other links you put up. Danke, BTW.

--
Courage and perseverance have a magical talisman, before
which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish into air.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

And here is the LDS food calculator which is very well done. Say what
you will about the LDS..they have made emergency food storage a fine
art.

http://lds.about.com/library/bl/faq/blcalculator.htm

OMG, 60# of sugar per person per year? thud I wonder if the church
also pushes its herds into the dentistry profession...

True indeed. But unless you are eating macrobiotic Stuff...you are
more than likely consuming MORE than that per year.

In fact.....it looks like the average American scarfs down 100 POUNDs
of sugar per year

http://articles.businessinsider.com/...apita-american

Yeah, I think it's required by their church that all LDS families
stock a year's worth of food. Smart thinking, especially nowadays,
wot?

Many do..many only stock 6 months. While there are Mormons....they do
not ALL adhere to every bit of commands from the Temple.

Like Catholics in many ways.

On to check the other links you put up. Danke, BTW.

Jervelcomen.

Gunner

--
You just opened the window for a glimpse at the liberal mindset. You
people think, for some unknown reason, that since you are infinitely

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

And here is the LDS food calculator which is very well done. Say what
you will about the LDS..they have made emergency food storage a fine
art.

http://lds.about.com/library/bl/faq/blcalculator.htm

OMG, 60# of sugar per person per year? *thud *I wonder if the church
also pushes its herds into the dentistry profession...

Yeah, I think it's required by their church that all LDS families
stock a year's worth of food. *Smart thinking, especially nowadays,
wot?

On to check the other links you put up. *Danke, BTW.

--
Courage and perseverance have a magical talisman, before
which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish into air.
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * -- John Quincy Adams

If the Great Cull actually does happen (can't believe I said that), we
can all go stay at Gummer's place.

He has extra toothbrushes.

TMT
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 9/8/2012 10:14 PM, Too_Many_Tools wrote:
wrote:

[...]

And, a great recipe for BBQ sauce! Now all we need is MEAT! It sure
was nice of you to volunteer.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sat, 8 Sep 2012 21:14:20 -0700 (PDT), Cross-Slide
wrote:

Years ago, this sounded like a really crazy idea.
Now it looks like it is almost a certainty.

Shrug...years ago it may have sounded like a crazy idea to SOME
people....but there is a significant portion of our population that
has had to live like us crazy old survivalists as part of their daily
lives.

Fires, floods, earthquakes, tornados, hurricanes have all been part
and parcel of many of our lives. Depends on where you live. The US
while a wonderful place...has some of the nastiest natural events on
the planet, past present and future.

I lost my house on May 2nd, 1983

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1983_Coalinga_earthquake

https://www.google.com/search?q=coal...thquake+photos

**** happens everyday somewhere. If it doesnt happen to you...it
will...sooner or later. Sometimes its minor..sometimes its
major...sometimes its catastrophic. Luck of the draw.

All you can do is prepare the best you can, and roll with it.

And many folks forget..that if they dont survive..what about their
family members. Being the best, smartest and most brilliant
survivalist is a very good thing..but if you are killed...can your
family survive?

I see many people saying..."I do the best my wife lets me do"

Yet if he is killed by say..a falling TV..chuckle...will the family be
able to do anything besides huddle and die as well?

So teach the wife and the kids!!!! It may not be fun for them..but
try to make it fun. Its a very good skill to pass along..you may not
be there in the future.

Now..the chances of universally bad **** coming..is indeed getting
greater. But..its always been hanging over all of our heads.

Gunner

--
"Confronting Liberals with the facts of reality is very much akin to
clubbing baby seals. It gets boring after a while, but because Liberals are
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

I'd have to guess that Gunner predicdts the great
cull happens after the election. One should stock
pile ammunition.

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

"Cross-Slide" wrote in message

Do you predict it to be before, and thus to prevent, or after and thus to
nullify the elections?

What is the best list of items to hoard?

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Tue, 27 Jun 2017 13:13:07 -0700, Gunner Asch
wrote:

On Tue, 27 Jun 2017 08:00:19 -0700, Steve Newman
wrote:

On 6/27/2017 12:36 AM, Gunner Asch wrote:
On Mon, 26 Jun 2017 19:40:01 -0700 (PDT), Steve Newman
wrote:

On Friday, September 7, 2012 at 4:20:31 AM UTC-7, Gunner wrote:
On Thu, 6 Sep 2012 21:04:36 -0700 (PDT), Cross-Slide
wrote:

Do you predict it to be before, and thus to prevent, or after and thus to nullify the elections?

At this point in time...Im as far in the dark as anyone is about the
timing of the Second American Revolution..IE the Great Cull.
But...it will be soon. Maybe too soon. Maybe out 6 months.

chuckle

The Government is doing all sorts of interesting things behind the
scenes, including ordering some awesome amounts of ammunition (wish I
had more stock in Remington, CCI and Federal)

You never owned *any* stock in those or any other company, you lying dumpster-diving dole scrounger.

So a person held against their will as you are, in a mental
institution

False. You need to have someone write some new lame insults for you.
Yours aren't only lame, they're stale.

Denial Wudy..is not a river in Egypt.

Settled: you never owned any stock - period.

Actually.,.I do own some Conoco stock. And some nearly worthless stock
in a couple of small startups that I have some hope for. But at the
moment..its largely worth less than the $12 a share I bought.

Yet another Goober fantasy. Conoco-Phillips last closed at $43.79.

But I suppose that any fantasy is better then the truth, that Goober
is a feeble old man with no job and no future.

--
Cheers,

Schweik

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

[...]

I think he was referring - lying, of course - to the stocks of the
unnamed "small startups" for which he supposedly paid $12 or less per
share. Of course, if they've gone public and have shares available for
purchase, they are no longer "small startups".

Wieber always trips himself up when he tries to lie outside the very
limited areas in which he might know a little something. He does not
own any shares of stock in any company. That's settled.

But I suppose that any fantasy is better then the truth, that Goober
is a feeble old man with no job and no future.

....and no shares of stock.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

[...]

...and no shares of stock.

One of the problems of living in a fantasy world is that one can
imagine one's self in any manner. A big strong ex army hero riding a
motorcycle at 260 mph down a dirt road while shooting a chipmunk in
the head with a pistol at 400 metres. Certainly, anything you want you
can be.

The problem, of course, comes when you try to explain your heroic
dreams to others. Instant ridicule.

--
Cheers,

Schweik
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 6/27/2017 7:39 PM, wrote:
On Tue, 27 Jun 2017 18:24:40 -0700, Steve Newman
wrote:

wrote:

[...]

No, no - he claimed it was _264_ mph, on a public highway. Even at that
(public highway), the claim is still nonsense. I have driven on all the
highways in that area, and there simply isn't one on which the condition
of the road surface would permit that.

while shooting a chipmunk in the head with a pistol at 400 metres.

chuckle

Certainly, anything you want you can be.

The problem, of course, comes when you try to explain your heroic
dreams to others. Instant ridicule.

Except from the contingent of phony "conservatives" here, who like
Wieber to be their useful idiot.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Tue, 27 Jun 2017 19:50:40 -0700, Steve Newman
wrote:

On 6/27/2017 7:39 PM, wrote:
On Tue, 27 Jun 2017 18:24:40 -0700, Steve Newman
wrote:

wrote:

[...]

(big grin) You pay more attention to his fantasies then I do :-) but
I think I recall that his buddy came over with this super motorcycle
that he had built - apparently to run on the salt flats - and let
Goober take it for a ride.

I never knew any of the guys running on the salt flats but back in the
day I did know some of the top fuel guys and the idea that they would
let "one of their buddies" have a go in their brand new fuel car is
ludicrous, at best.

while shooting a chipmunk in the head with a pistol at 400 metres.

chuckle

Certainly, anything you want you can be.

The problem, of course, comes when you try to explain your heroic
dreams to others. Instant ridicule.

Except from the contingent of phony "conservatives" here, who like
Wieber to be their useful idiot.

Are there any actual "conservatives" left in the world. The old
fashioned sort who had worked all their life and saved a bit; owned
their own place; and never, never, never, spent capital.
--
Cheers,

Schweik
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Wed, 28 Jun 2017 13:19:05 +0700,
wrote:

On Tue, 27 Jun 2017 19:50:40 -0700, Steve Newman
wrote:

wrote:

One of the problems of living in a fantasy world is that one can
imagine one's self in any manner. A big strong ex army hero riding a
motorcycle at 260 mph down a dirt road

No, no - he claimed it was _264_ mph, on a public highway. Even at that
(public highway), the claim is still nonsense. I have driven on all the
highways in that area, and there simply isn't one on which the condition
of the road surface would permit that.

(big grin) You pay more attention to his fantasies then I do :-) but
I think I recall that his buddy came over with this super motorcycle
that he had built - apparently to run on the salt flats - and let
Goober take it for a ride.

If you read MC discussion, you'll never see anybody asking how to
disinfect their seats, or dissolve sticky goo on their grips. That's
because no biker would let derelict Wieber on their ride.

I'm a long time rider and I've never seen a word from Wieber that
would convince me he has any motorcycle experience at all. It's quite
possible that his entire history with motorcycles is yapping about his
"leathers" and hoarding some old junk he got for peanuts, which will
continue to rot in his yard. Until he's evicted, at which point the
junk will go to the scrapper with everything else. He recently BSed
that he'd ridden as recently as 2009, but as expected, couldn't
produce any registration, something that would only take a few minutes
to prove his story if it were true.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 6/27/2017 11:19 PM, wrote:
On Tue, 27 Jun 2017 19:50:40 -0700, Steve Newman
wrote:

On 6/27/2017 7:39 PM,
wrote:
On Tue, 27 Jun 2017 18:24:40 -0700, Steve Newman
wrote:

wrote:

[...]

Yes, after initially fostering the impression - without actually saying
- that it was a barely-modified Ninja, Wieber eventually changed his
yarn to it being a heavily modified bike all but unrecognizable as what
it had originally been. Of course, that doesn't make a bit of
difference, as there's no way he could have ridden it at that speed on a
public highway.

I never knew any of the guys running on the salt flats but back in the
day I did know some of the top fuel guys and the idea that they would
let "one of their buddies" have a go in their brand new fuel car is
ludicrous, at best.

while shooting a chipmunk in the head with a pistol at 400 metres.

chuckle

Certainly, anything you want you can be.

The problem, of course, comes when you try to explain your heroic
dreams to others. Instant ridicule.

Except from the contingent of phony "conservatives" here, who like
Wieber to be their useful idiot.

Are there any actual "conservatives" left in the world. The old
fashioned sort who had worked all their life and saved a bit; owned
their own place; and never, never, never, spent capital.

I don't know that that's the only definition of conservative, but Wieber
doesn't meet *any* definition of it. He is massively statist in his
thinking, and he is a dole-scrounger in his mode of living.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

On Tue, 27 Jun 2017 19:50:40 -0700, Steve Newman
wrote:

wrote:

[...]

Well, he has been claiming ownership of a inoperative Royal Enfield
motorcycle for some years now. I do believe that, although years ago I
owned and rode a Royal Enfield 350 cc that mechanically was one of the
simplest motorcycles I had seen. The fact that he can't yet fix
whatever was wrong doesn't say much for a mechanically genius who owns
his very own engineering company.
--
Cheers,

Schweik
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

On Tue, 27 Jun 2017 19:50:40 -0700, Steve Newman
wrote:

wrote:

[...]

Even if somebody fixed it for him, for free, it would still be yard
bound for lack of insurance and registration, same as Hotel Econoline.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

On Tue, 27 Jun 2017 19:50:40 -0700, Steve Newman
wrote:

wrote:

[...]

It's a yard decoration, like a garden gnome with wheels. d8-)

--
Ed Huntress
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

On Tue, 27 Jun 2017 19:50:40 -0700, Steve Newman
wrote:

wrote:

[...]

A memorial to "Things I Could Have Done" :-)
--
Cheers,

Schweik

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

On Tue, 27 Jun 2017 19:50:40 -0700, Steve Newman
wrote:

wrote:

[...]

....and has a well-equipped "shot".

You forgot to put "engineering" in quotes. I fixed that for you above.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

On Tue, 27 Jun 2017 19:50:40 -0700, Steve Newman
wrote:

wrote:

[...]

"Hotel Econoline" - one of the most felicitous ever to be turned in
rec.crafts.metalworking. I chuckle every time I read it.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

On Tue, 27 Jun 2017 19:50:40 -0700, Steve Newman
wrote:

wrote:

[...]

"...if only I had a little initiative."
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

On Tue, 27 Jun 2017 19:50:40 -0700, Steve Newman
wrote:

wrote:

[...]

A theme song for Gummy :
https://goo.gl/hP82vR
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

On Tue, 27 Jun 2017 19:50:40 -0700, Steve Newman
wrote:

wrote:

[...]

That's pretty good. How about some custom lyrics. "Plannin' the great
cull from the back of my van," etc.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Wed, 28 Jun 2017 20:54:16 -0700, wrote:

wrote:

On Tue, 27 Jun 2017 19:50:40 -0700, Steve Newman
wrote:

wrote:

[...]

Me too. I wish I'd coined it. Best I could do is Sheraton Caravan,
(for his Dodge Caravan work "truck") which doesn't have quite the same
bite.