DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Trailer brake actuator (https://www.diybanter.com/metalworking/344497-trailer-brake-actuator.html)

Steve B[_13_] August 2nd 12 10:32 PM

Trailer brake actuator

What is a good brand of cab operated electric trailer brake actuator, and
what is the price range installed?

Steve

Snag[_3_] August 3rd 12 12:34 AM

Trailer brake actuator

Steve B wrote:
What is a good brand of cab operated electric trailer brake actuator,
and what is the price range installed?

Steve

I think mine cost around 30 bucks , installed it myself . I presume you're
wiring for a round multipin plug with brakes and lights and all that . Pull
your "main" power direct from the battery with either a breaker or fuse .
You might be lucky enough to have a vehicle new enough to have built-in
wiring for that ...
--
Snag
FOLLOW THE

Ignoramus28699 August 3rd 12 02:16 AM

Trailer brake actuator

On 2012-08-02, Steve B wrote:
What is a good brand of cab operated electric trailer brake actuator, and
what is the price range installed?

I installed mine myself, many good brands to choose from. Mine is
called "Journey HD".

azjohn August 3rd 12 03:58 AM

Trailer brake actuator

On 8/2/2012 2:32 PM, Steve B wrote:
What is a good brand of cab operated electric trailer brake actuator, and
what is the price range installed?

Steve

Look for one at about $100. You should have one that has an inertia
sensitive chip and will work in reverse as well as forward. It's nice to
have brake control in reverse.