DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Eaton compressor followup (https://www.diybanter.com/metalworking/343249-eaton-compressor-followup.html)

Lloyd E. Sponenburgh[_3_] July 5th 12 05:16 PM

Eaton compressor followup

Good outcome on the Eaton compressor.

They're shipping out a new sight glass today.

The plumbing has a feature I like. Undocumented, but present, is a
centrifugal unloader.

Unlike a pressure switch unloader, this won't close the unloader valve
until the pump comes up to a minimum of 500 rpm, which means it's always
going to be a "soft start", which I like a lot. My old one starts to load
up after about two full turns of the pulley.

It goes on the tank today.

LLoyd