DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Stainless bird feeder (https://www.diybanter.com/metalworking/342775-stainless-bird-feeder.html)

[email protected] June 24th 12 07:10 PM

Stainless bird feeder

Well actually the bird feeder hangers. I made a couple bird feeder
hangers from 3/8 SS rod. They bolt to the deck posts and extend
vertically up about 3 feet and then about 10 inches horizontally out.
I thought the chipmunks wouldn't be able to climb the rod to get at
the feeder but I was wrong. My wife suggested vaseline on the rods
might help. We both laughed our asses off watching the chipmunks
trying to climb the rods. They still come back once in a while and try
to climb the things but don't try very hard.
Eric