DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Close up of cutting steel (https://www.diybanter.com/metalworking/342575-close-up-cutting-steel.html)

pyotr filipivich June 19th 12 09:32 AM

Close up of cutting steel

http://www.wimp.com/cuttingsteel/

Starts with mild steel and a 30 degree rake on HSS

Some it is producing an ugly finish ...
--
pyotr filipivich.
Discussing the decline in the US's tech edge, James Niccol once wrote

Paul Hovnanian P.E. June 20th 12 02:39 AM

Close up of cutting steel

pyotr filipivich wrote:

http://www.wimp.com/cuttingsteel/

Starts with mild steel and a 30 degree rake on HSS

Some it is producing an ugly finish ...
--
pyotr filipivich.
Discussing the decline in the US's tech edge, James Niccol once wrote
"It used to be that the USA was pretty good at producing stuff teenaged
boys could lose a finger or two playing with."

Very interesting. But my mill doesn't make sounds anything like those.

--
Paul Hovnanian
Deja fubar: The feeling that you've made the same mistake before.

Larry Jaques[_4_] June 20th 12 03:32 AM

Close up of cutting steel

On Tue, 19 Jun 2012 18:39:29 -0700, "Paul Hovnanian P.E."
wrote:

pyotr filipivich wrote:

http://www.wimp.com/cuttingsteel/

Starts with mild steel and a 30 degree rake on HSS

Some it is producing an ugly finish ...
--
pyotr filipivich.
Discussing the decline in the US's tech edge, James Niccol once wrote
"It used to be that the USA was pretty good at producing stuff teenaged
boys could lose a finger or two playing with."

Very interesting. But my mill doesn't make sounds anything like those.

What speakers, preamp, and amp does it use, Paul?

--
It is easier to fool people than it is to
convince people that they have been fooled.